Remove Advertisements

{H} 10 M LK Raging Spirits/ Vile Spirits

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

{H} 10 M LK Raging Spirits/ Vile Spirits

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:33 pm

I have a huge problem positioning raging spirits during this phase. Most of the time I can get them perfectly facing LK. Then other times I have to like phase them at an angle because I'm to far back and will get hit by remorseless winter. Someone suggested running through them then just back peddling. Always something I'm cautious of. I mean mostly we get to 40 percent transition, but mostly thats a big problem.

Then after the room I had saw something on tankspot like the vile spirits that you dont kill in the frostmourne will come out as well. RL said that wasn't true, but it seemed like a ton of vile spirits to me.

TTFN
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Re: {H} 10 M LK Raging Spirits/ Vile Spirits

Postby Brutalus » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:53 am

One thing that helps a lot is to be already in the position where you want to be tanking them when they spawn. Just taunt them and they'll come to you and normally will be in the right position. If they need turning, normally if you strafe carefully it's fine. Sometimes they have a mind of their own and I don't think there's much you can do about that really other than settle for half; even if it isn't straight as long as people aren't getting hit by the shriek.

About the frostmourne room, try to establish the difference between the spirits inside and the spirits outside. The spirits inside are wicked spirits and the spirits outside are vile spirits. Wicked spirits have 4k life, vile spirits have something like 100k. Wicked spirits only exist inside and vile spirits only exist outside. Vile spirits remain alive if you go inside the room and come back out, and as there are more of them in heroic, that might be why you're seeing a lot.
Brutalus

Postby inthedrops » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:08 am

For the RS's, as said above they have a mind of their own (thanks blizz for the pathing bugs).

You have a couple of options, all valid:
1. Stand in Remorseless Winter and don't worry about it. This option is only valid if melee can still attack without being in RW too.
2. Wait for the shriek, then run through him a few yards, turn him around, and walk him back before the next shriek.

Both work fine.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:11 pm

How feasible would it be to kill most of the vile spirits? or is a soaker for every set completely necessary
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby baleogthefierce » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:47 am

2Cute2BeStr8 wrote:How feasible would it be to kill most of the vile spirits? or is a soaker for every set completely necessary

You make it sound like it's easier to kill them :P

Killing all of the spirits is perfectly fine if you have a lot of ranged DPS at your disposal.
baleogthefierce

Postby inthedrops » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:02 pm

2Cute2BeStr8 wrote:How feasible would it be to kill most of the vile spirits? or is a soaker for every set completely necessary

Our first couple on 10 heroic kills had us killing them ALL. It was easier at the time. The thing is though, you really have to commit to it. By "commit" I literally means stand there and AoE the living bajeebus out of them on top of Lich King. Don't even move. You can't half ass it. One or two might still explode before they die so it can get scary. One person running away (and not DPS'ing) means everyone else gets hit by too many explosions.

You'll know after a couple of rounds whether you have the dps to pull it off.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel