Remove Advertisements

Sindy 10 Man Phase 3 Help

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Sindy 10 Man Phase 3 Help

Postby Giggitygoo » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:24 am

So first time ever against Sindy last night as Holy Pally.

Getting to phase 3 no problem at all. In this phase though I’m almost totally incapacitated.

I seem to be spending a lot of time either frozen in ice or cowering behind it to get rid of the stacking debuff.

When hiding behind the ice I don’t seem to be able to heal the tank either. Which is obviously causing big problems.

I’ve heard it’s possible to line of sight the boss/tank in a way so the stacks fall off whilst still being able to heal the tank. Is this possible?

Also is 4 stacks the max you should be getting before hiding? Thats what I read, and that seems to happen way to fast ...

Spent 3 hours on this last night, 1st try got to 15%. Last try got to 15%. Didn’t really make much progress.

Any tips for a healer, please!?

Thanks
Shutting the f**k up as of 14/09/2010.
Giggitygoo

Re: Sindy 10 Man Phase 3 Help

Postby pfunkmort » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:21 am

get a feel for how many seconds are left on your debuff, before another stack is applied, refreshing the debuff. I forget what the number is (seconds left on the duration of unchained) but it's something like 3-4 seconds...and it's that every time (sindragosa also does an arcane explosion graphic when another stack goes out). What the healers in my guild do (other than having a ridiculous number of healers) is to stand next to the block, and when that number of seconds left comes up, on the stack they want to clear, they sidestep to LOS sindi for 2-3 seconds, and then back out to keep healing. every 3-4 stacks ends up being every other ice block, iirc, so if you alternate where the blocks are placed, and alternate who resets when, it's not a TON of movement, although you obviously need to have a strategy that accounts for the possibility that you won't be able to heal for one reason or another.

the basic concept I'm talking about I think is covered in exodus's juggernaut's kill video...digging it up. look at how the hunters stand next to the block, and sidestep to clear stacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZymdYLu3LE
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

Postby Giggitygoo » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:08 am

An interesting idea, although the ice blocks were not placed well at all. Obviously something we need to work on.

I was toying with the idea of just throwing beacon on myself and direct healing the tank thereby also healing myself and just see how much punishment I could take.

With a well timed bubble I could probably survive a fair bit of pain, dunno if I could make the whole 35% though. Prolly not I'm guessing. :?
Giggitygoo

Postby Belloc » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:54 am

Sindragosa casts Mystic Buffet when there is 2 seconds left on your mystic buffet debuff. You can duck behind an iceblock with 3 seconds left, visually identify that she has cast it again (arcane explosion-ish effect from the center of her body), and then move a few yards and resume healing.
Belloc

Postby Treck » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:13 am

Im guessing if your still progressing this, your using 3 healers (you prolly should atleast)
This gives you 2 fulltime healers and a 3rd one who has the debuff and cant heal to much.
Try to coordinate between the healers so they dont reset their stacks at the same time, theres multiple ways of doing this.
Eather have a healer assigned to each tank, whenever that tank is tanking that healer stand out healing, and when the tankswitch occurs, the healer on the other tank runs out (its important for the 3rd healer to jump in for whoever gets the new debuff.
You can also have your healers taking turns resetting, that way there should always be one healer standing out healing the tank, and make sure the healer who just resetted knows when the other tankhealer has to reset his stacks, so you dont end up hiding both of you and noone really healing the tank.
One of the problems can be that one healer is resetting, one healer has the debuff, and one healer got the new icetomb. If you really need the healing, we usually just kill the iceblock asap to get back the healer.
Getting a few more debuffs isnt that dangerous with 2 healers able to heal.

There is a sweetspot behind the blocks where you can hide from mystic buffet, while still healing the tank, altho it usually takes a sec or 2 to find and you have to wait for the next mystic buffet to make sure your standing right, so i dont bother with it really.
I rather just stand outside waiting for next mystic buffet application, and then run in just a sec before the next application and out a sec later, leaving the tank unhealed by you for 2 sec, this should be doable each time you have to reset, making you able to heal the tank for almost all the time really, just leaving him for those 2 sec every once in a while.

You can take a few more than 4 debuffs really, just dont stress out its no rush you just have to play it cool for P3. If you take turns resetting your stacks as healers, you stay out there healing untill the other healer comes back, 5-6 stacks should be normal, 7-8 is survivable, more becomes risky.
Treck

Postby Mizak » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:58 pm

As a holy paladin I found this fight easy to heal.

Beacon whichever tank is on Sindragosa, and then be ready to switch beacon with tank switches.

Heal others in the raid. Even when you are behind the iceblock, as long as your heals can reach the others, it will heal the tank, even if the tank is LOS.
Mizak

Postby Treck » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:15 pm

Mizak wrote:Even when you are behind the iceblock, as long as your heals can reach the others, it will heal the tank, even if the tank is LOS.

As i remember it the Beacon heal itself, radiates from you, and will not go past you LoS, both your targets can be out of LoS of eachother, but you have to be within LoS of both.
Treck

Postby Giggitygoo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:12 am

Sindragosa casts Mystic Buffet when there is 2 seconds left on your mystic buffet debuff. You can duck behind an iceblock with 3 seconds left, visually identify that she has cast it again (arcane explosion-ish effect from the center of her body), and then move a few yards and resume healing.

This should help alot, thanks! Other replies were also helpful.

Never new about that beacon los thing either, will give that a go!

Thanks!
Giggitygoo

Postby cerwillis » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:33 pm

Here is my log for 3 attempts last night on Sindragosa 10, all <20%, 2nd attempt was 2%. I'd appreciate any comments that may improve our chances on Tuesday, but mostly, I'm curious about the damage-in called "Frost Aura". Am I correct in assuming that this is the damage taken when you don't drop the Mystic Buffet stacks? Seems we lost the Shaman healer 2x and the Paladin 1x on the best attempt to that affect. I'm sure our RDPS is probably a bit lower than some, but I think we have the goods to down her, we just need to handle tombs and the stacks a bit better.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h8zm4c52hnr8twiq/

Thanks for any help given. -CW
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:49 pm

cerwillis wrote:Here is my log for 3 attempts last night on Sindragosa 10, all <20%, 2nd attempt was 2%. I'd appreciate any comments that may improve our chances on Tuesday, but mostly, I'm curious about the damage-in called "Frost Aura". Am I correct in assuming that this is the damage taken when you don't drop the Mystic Buffet stacks? Seems we lost the Shaman healer 2x and the Paladin 1x on the best attempt to that affect. I'm sure our RDPS is probably a bit lower than some, but I think we have the goods to down her, we just need to handle tombs and the stacks a bit better.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h8zm4c52hnr8twiq/

Thanks for any help given. -CW

Frost Aura is present for the entirety of the fight. If you watch your unit frames, you'll notice that everyone is taking damage every 2 seconds. There is no way to avoid this damage. Mystic Buffet can and will increase this damage to lethal levels.
Belloc

Postby cerwillis » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:01 pm

Thanks Belloc. A lot of things make more sense now that I bothered to look up Mystic Buffet.

Edit: Is there a way to filter WoL to see how many stacks people had? I'm kindof a noob with WoL
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:16 pm

cerwillis wrote:Edit: Is there a way to filter WoL to see how many stacks people had? I'm kindof a noob with WoL

Absolutely! Open your log and mouseover the "Dashboard" menu item. Find the "Log Browser" option and click it.

You will be presented with a box labeled "Query Builder." Inside of this box will be "Queries Show all events (remove, copy)"
Click on "remove" to get rid of that query -- you don't want it. Next, click the "Add Query" button. This will bring up a pop-up that allows you to filter for certain things. For the purposes of this discussion, find the "Spell" field (not the spell id field) and type "Mystic Buffet". Click the "Save" button. Next, click the "Run" button. Results will be displayed after a short time.

Take careful note of the names: there are some pets that are getting obscene amounts of stacks. This is fine; they're pets, afterall :P.

You will also notice that a few of your players are getting extremely high stacks. I noticed a few cases of 10+ stacks on your raiders... this is not acceptable. Honestly, everyone should be dropping their stacks at least every other ice block. This will amount to about 5-6 stacks, max. Anything more than that is going to cause you massive issues.

Phoebell, in particular, took 19 stacks. This is precisely what killed her. Karissan and Phoebell are big problem areas in that they don't seem to be aware that they need to be dropping stacks. Frappermoi also seems to be a problem spot. You'll see all this, though, when you check the log browser.

Best of luck!
Belloc

Postby cerwillis » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:04 pm

This is great help thanks! I had a chat with Karissan and we are going to work out a good rotation for the healers to drop their stacks. Last night we were prioritizing placement of tombs and killing them fast, so we didn't emphasize how important it is to get rid of the buffet. I have high hopes for a kill on Tuesday.
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby cerwillis » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:58 pm

Got a kill 3rd attempt tonight! Working out a proper rotation for the healers to drop stacks was key, and using the beacon trick seemed to help as well. Thanks for the advice!
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:37 am

Belloc wrote:
cerwillis wrote:Edit: Is there a way to filter WoL to see how many stacks people had? I'm kindof a noob with WoL

Absolutely! Open your log and mouseover the "Dashboard" menu item. Find the "Log Browser" option and click it.

You will be presented with a box labeled "Query Builder." Inside of this box will be "Queries Show all events (remove, copy)"
Click on "remove" to get rid of that query -- you don't want it. Next, click the "Add Query" button. This will bring up a pop-up that allows you to filter for certain things. For the purposes of this discussion, find the "Spell" field (not the spell id field) and type "Mystic Buffet". Click the "Save" button. Next, click the "Run" button. Results will be displayed after a short time.

From my experience expression editor is way, way quicker than log browser and somewhat more powerful, just as an fyi.
Rhiannon

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel