Remove Advertisements

VoA Toravon trash - how do they kill ranged?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

VoA Toravon trash - how do they kill ranged?

Postby econ21 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:58 am

The two ice revenants before Toravaon in VoA have proved to be rather lethal lately - what abilities do they have? I was healing in VoA 10 and died before I realised I was taking damage. A hunter also dropped. I did not have aggro and was a distance a way. Do they have some sneaky ability like flame strike that ignores aggro and hurts at range? Is there anyway to avoid it? It was as if I was one shot and I was in decent (ICC10) plate healing gear.

One also killed me as a tank, which was shocking - I have not experienced premature tank death for a long while - but probably just healer error. (One healer afk, the other a slacking druid who scarcely healed me at all.)
econ21

Re: VoA Toravon trash - how do they kill ranged?

Postby Chicken » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:27 am

They have a randomly targeted instant frost damage attack which is fairly damaging; not enough by itself to kill someone, but since you always end up pulling both of them at once if they both decide to target the same person, that person is typically dead since they'll take around 35k-40k damage.

As for tank deaths, they actually have a weaker version of the stacking debuff Toravon himself has, so if you take too long killing them it could stack too high for the tank to handle.
Chicken

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:20 pm

Yeah, they like to cast Frost Blast a few seconds after the pull, and it's not unusual to see them both hit the same player at almost exactly the same time. It's about 18k frost damage on 10 man and 22k on 25, so one hit will take most players to low health, two will kill them.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Donahu » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:58 pm

The reason they tend to target the same person is that in the first few seconds of the fight a lot of people have not entered their aggro tables so there is a very small portion of players to target. Typically it's the two tanks and a healer or two initially while the slacking afk dps are still running around or looting the last mob IMO.
Donahu

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel