Remove Advertisements

[10] Icecrown Achievements Order

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Icecrown Achievements Order

Postby Angharrad » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:06 am

Our guild is a strict 10m guild, and we've just finished the Lich King. I've found some great and helpful information on 10H achievements and various comments about which heroic mode is considered easiest, hardest, and the orders to do them plus team composition for each. Very helpful!

However, in order to start knocking out the Glory of the Icecrown Raider, we'll also need to begin working on some of the achievements as well. I know in terms of order, I've Gone and Made a Mess is easiest, with Boned shortly behind. Both come up regularly, just in completing the fights - as does The Orb Whisperer. But for the others, can anyone recommend a good list, in order of easiest to hardest, for the Icecrown achievements required for the meta-achievement?

Thank you!
Angharrad

Re: [10] Icecrown Achievements Order

Postby Sitar » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:15 am

The hardest may be Sindragosa one depending on the quality of your raiders. The plague one on Arthas can be a pain without a good tank and proper positionning, Lana'thel one can be tricky if you don't have a lot of people to swap or with double spec. All others are very easy, order doesnt really matter I guess.
Sitar

Postby Belloc » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:24 am

Easy, get these out of the way now: Gunship, Festergut, Rotface, Dreamwalker.

Putricide is simple if you know the strategy (either stack on green or be far away and then stack on the target... and everyone runs to the right-most corner of the room for every orange gas cloud's first chase. It will hit its target, but it won't destroy the raid).

Deathwhisper is annoying and RNG. Get this one out of the way, too, so that you never have to do it again.

Blood Queen is easy, but you won't get it for everyone right away. Just rotate bites every time you kill her.

Lich King (been waiting...) is the exact same fight, except you hold off on getting out of phase 1 for a while (tip: Drop the first plague away from anyone or anything... let it disappear). Be ready for some extra tank damage and you'll be fine.

Sindragosa sucks. Best of luck.
Belloc

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:36 pm

Belloc wrote:Sindragosa sucks.

Emphatising this.

Highly recommending non-DK tanks (for slow dispel/charges) and well, people with a brain. It's very frustrating.
The achieve has also been sort of bugged for a long time, it's still unknown if pets actually count in it or not. I'm not sure about this part...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sitar » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:53 pm

The pet part has been fixed but most people do not get them out "just to be sure" :-)
Sitar

Postby inthedrops » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:20 am

Sindragosa one isn't very fun. I've had to do it more than once and each time I get annoyed :)

Unlike most fights in ICC, it's actually pretty easy to screw it up as a tank, especially if the blocks are too far. Only tip I can give besides smart block placement in P2 is to make sure you freedom yourself if you were the tank in P1 after the other tank taunts for the first time. You likely still have the slow debuff on you. If you don't freedom yourself there's little chance you'll get to the block in time to clear your stack. Warriors have an easier time due to charge so try to have them tank P1 if you can.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Arizara » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:10 am

since i guess this is now "how to do sindragosa":
marking block positions with light pillars (thanks elder's holiday!) or smoke flare is a good idea. assign a dps that has no dots to work each new block to 50%, tanks should consider flipping the dragon so they never have to run diagonally for blocks. as soon as a tank clears, nuke that block for the next block to go in it's place. take your time and use patience.

alternate strat if your dps is really good: Lust/Heroism at 37% and burn the crap out of her before it stacks to 6 (1 tank 1 healer strat)

honestly though, i recommend working on heroics first as they will dictate how easy the gimmick ones will be (gear).

most others are explained already, so no need to repeat but LDW is one that's not there:
the "5 different adds" but it's fairly simple with a plan. given the nice dps trinket here, it's also a hard fight to want to do normal, so doing this once and right is paramount. there are 6 types of adds for the achievement's sake: normal melee/caster, reanimated melee/caster, deformed melee, empowered caster. the 2 normals will be available with each new wave so push shortly after a wave to ensure they don't transform.
fairly simple just like most once you're doing 11/12 HM, but then again 25 man gear helps a lot with this stuff. waiting a long time can push you close to the enrage though not likely with 30% buff
Arizara

Postby Belloc » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:27 am

Have your tanks bring swiftness pots to Sindragosa. It saved us on our achievement kill.
Belloc

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel