[10/25] Ruby Sanctum - Halion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] Ruby Sanctum - Halion

Postby Chicken » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:40 am

Invisusira wrote:holy shit CLICKER

in a TOP GUILD
I will have you know that I quite successfully clicked my way through tanking flames at Illidan once, not my preference though, but if you want to play a game when some bones in one of your hands is broken you have to make some sacrifices.
Chicken

Postby Joanadark » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:46 am

Invisusira wrote:holy shit CLICKER

in a TOP GUILD

I wouldn't call Drow a top guild. They haven't been for a long time.

Xav's video made me laugh though. Here's the link for the work-impaired. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6QbZTM4kiY
He did a similar one for Illidan where he tanking him entirely from spell book, with the same song.

EDIT: LOL @ all the indignant clickers screaming about how clicking is CLEARLY legitimate because this guy is in a well-progressed guild and making tankspot movies, and therefore he must be doing something right.

EDIT2: WOW Ciderhelm is fat IRL.
Last edited by Joanadark on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Invisusira » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:06 am

Joanadark wrote:Xav's video made me laugh though. Here's the link for the work-impaired. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6QbZTM4kiY

hahahaha.
Invisusira

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:14 am

Does anyone have a link to that tank's armory? Brekkie mentioned that's <Drow> but I don't know the name, nor can I see the tank's name in the video. Have to admit I'm very curious about their spec/gems/enchants now.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Joanadark » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:16 am

Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:17 am

Ta
Last edited by Nikachelle on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:19 am

Nika wrote:That tank clicker?
Has 594 defense and enchanted his shield with defense.
Invisusira

Postby baleogthefierce » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:22 am

At least he's putting Armsman to good use.
baleogthefierce

Postby Invisusira » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:23 am

baleogthefierce wrote:At least he's putting Armsman to good use.

lololol
Invisusira

Postby Treck » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:25 am

Joanadark wrote:EDIT: LOL @ all the indignant clickers screaming about how clicking is CLEARLY legitimate because this guy is in a well-progressed guild and making tankspot movies, and therefore he must be doing something right.

Idd :P
A lot of people "admitting" they are clickers, since if someone in smth they consider are a top end guild is clicking, its ok for them aswell, in fact most think clicking is just as good.
While clicking can work, its clearly not superior.
A lot of people are defending it by saying that he should be allowed to play however he feels comfortable and that noone should complain about him and since the boss died, he obviously played good.
If he feels comfortable playing really bad, fine by me, but feels wrong in the guild he is in :P

But maybe they will think twice for uploading stuff on tankspot after this, they got quite a lot of viewers, and a lot of bad players watching might think thats an ok way to tank, or play.
Treck

Postby superworm » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:45 am

One of our raid members reported that the purple beams seem to start from the exact positions where they ended cutting the last time. Could anyone confirm this?
superworm

Postby Invisusira » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:55 am

In regular or hard mode? I wouldn't be surprised if they turned on/off every 90º, which would make that accurate in hard mode.
Invisusira

Postby baleogthefierce » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:11 am

superworm wrote:One of our raid members reported that the purple beams seem to start from the exact positions where they ended cutting the last time. Could anyone confirm this?

It's not exactly the same position, but it's very close. If you position near the leading edge of the cutter, you won't need to move but a few feet to get in proper position the next time it comes around.
baleogthefierce

Postby Xenix » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:26 am

They don't start in the exact position (in hard mode), it's more like if you're standing where the beams were when they disappeared, you'll be centered the next time they start up since they are at the same position they disappeared from when the 4(ish)-second cast timer on the beams starts. So, if you were chasing the beam and close to it then the next one will spawn without you having to move, like so:

Doing this gets people who can't position themselves perfectly killed,though, so it's better to always stay centered between the beams while they're active, then after they disappear to just rotate 45° to your left, where you'll now be perfectly centered for the next beam spawn.

Edit: My god, I didn't realize you meant that tank was literally clicking every ability in his rotation. Jeez, that -is- painful to watch. Wonder if he was trolling for the video or that's actually normal for him, lol. :shock:
Kimurellia - Holy/Protection Paladin - Scions of Destiny - Eredar-US
Xenix

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel