Remove Advertisements

[10/25] Ruby Sanctum - Halion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] Ruby Sanctum - Halion

Postby Loras » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:34 pm

The boss is just ridiculously easy, at least on 10 man normal. I'm with Treck on this one - in fact, a boss addon for this boss would make it harder, it's much easier when you look at the surroundings, not at some bars.

And yet, WBT people defending their raiding ranks - it's a big DRAGON , damn it. For 5 years dragons have been using the same ability - damaging breath ^^
And falling meteors, pulsing with big fire, have always been bad, regardless of the fight.
And void zones have always been bad.
And you burning and exploding has always been bad.

So get moving! You don't have to be familiar with any tactics in order to react :D
We'll get him next time we go there :)
Loras

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:04 pm

Amirya wrote:What is the length of time Combustion/Consumption will remain on a player before dropping?

Stacks will build until dispelled; the more stacks, the more damage done when dispelled -- and the larger the puddle of shit left behind.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Joanadark » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:38 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBbM-MUXBEI

25H vid for World 10th, US 5th.

p.s. hand of freedom works on the downstairs void zone snare.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Treck » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:08 pm

Joanadark wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBbM-MUXBEI

Its noteworty to mention that it DOES work in 25man, but not in 10man.
Im guessing they didnt want 10man groups to always have paladins in the shadowrealm.
Treck

Postby Boèndal » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:06 am

Treck wrote:
Joanadark wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBbM-MUXBEI

Im guessing they didnt want 10man groups to always have paladins in the shadowrealm.

It really is :wink: that was one of the killing things down there in our 10m progress. Got a hc kill yesterday night after going from 3->4->2->3 healers. It would have been possible with 2 healers but they need support from hybrid classes.

€: @Joanadark is this video available without music? Its blocked in Germany :evil:
Boèndal

Postby yappo » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:53 am

Treck wrote:

Bah, you mean the content is set up for a giggles raid-stacking of 25 pallies?
yappo

Postby Led ++ » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:08 am

How do you guys do the 3rd minoboss (the general?) on 25man normal?

Our guild tried it yesterday evening (with 6 or 7 non guildies I think) but we failed horribly. Our set up was 3 tanks and I have no idea how many healers tbh.

Main tactic was 1 tank on boss, then 2 tanks each on 1 side for the adds and switch tank every 3 or 4 stacks of sunder armor. This was working relatively good, problem was that by the time the adds were dead, a new wave of adds already came. Apparently interupting the Hellfire (or whatever it's called) was quite hard so DPS constantly died of Mass AoE.

Also, at some point the Boss uses Intimidating Roar (AoE stun) runs of to a random DPS and basically one shots them.

So what are your tactics on this boss at 25 man?

Main problems being:
- Adds die way to slow (at the same time barely any DPS on boss)
- Healers can't keep up with the AoE damage adds do
- Boss one shotting random people after intimidating shout.
Led ++

Postby Rhiannon » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:40 am

With the int shout, I'm not 100% but I believe it works like vanilla dragons (and pre-nerf nightbane) in that if everyone is affected he'll stick on top threat target, but if say a dps warrior zerker rages out of it then he'll munch them instead. I didn't check if fear ward/tremor works on it (it stuns everyone, rather than fearing them, so not sure) - if it does then tank should get fw, if it doesn't then no one should use breaks to get out of the CC early.
Rhiannon

Postby Tebin » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:03 am

+1 to what Led ++ said.

We tried with a semipug, also. Raid ended up dying to masses of drakes and aoe. At first we tried to dps down drakes as they came, but ended up outnumbered. Then we tried to zerg boss, but wiped around 50% (too much blast wave damage to contend with). Is this meant to be an endurance fight where boss is only being hit occasionally by dots?

For the fear thing, I guess having a tank 2nd on threat would be best to avoid DPS-gib?
Tebin

Postby pfunkmort » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:03 pm

pretty sure you keep the main dragon as your dps target. the kripparian vid on youtube that was talking about it said to mark the main target, and then to ignore the adds that spawn and simply have them tanked by an OT. I was late last tuesday to raid so I missed the trash...but, that's my understanding.
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

Postby Rhiannon » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:53 pm

pfunkmort wrote:pretty sure you keep the main dragon as your dps target. the kripparian vid on youtube that was talking about it said to mark the main target, and then to ignore the adds that spawn and simply have them tanked by an OT. I was late last tuesday to raid so I missed the trash...but, that's my understanding.

You're talking about a different mini-boss.

They're talking about General Zarithrian, who periodically spawns small caster drake adds that do an interruptible aoe. He also does intimidating shout, aggro resets, and places a 20% sunder armor that stacks up to 5 times, promoting tank switches.

You're talking about Baltharus the Warborn, who clones himself, has a whirlwind and has enervating brand.
Rhiannon

Postby superworm » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:49 am

Led ++ wrote:How do you guys do the 3rd minoboss (the general?) on 25man normal?

Our guild tried it yesterday evening (with 6 or 7 non guildies I think) but we failed horribly. Our set up was 3 tanks and I have no idea how many healers tbh.

Main tactic was 1 tank on boss, then 2 tanks each on 1 side for the adds and switch tank every 3 or 4 stacks of sunder armor. This was working relatively good, problem was that by the time the adds were dead, a new wave of adds already came. Apparently interupting the Hellfire (or whatever it's called) was quite hard so DPS constantly died of Mass AoE.

Also, at some point the Boss uses Intimidating Roar (AoE stun) runs of to a random DPS and basically one shots them.

So what are your tactics on this boss at 25 man?

Main problems being:
- Adds die way to slow (at the same time barely any DPS on boss)
- Healers can't keep up with the AoE damage adds do
- Boss one shotting random people after intimidating shout.

The adds are putting out AoE damage via 2 spells. One spell is constantly casted, the other on a timer with noticeably different animation and a knock back effect. I'm not sure whether both of them could be interrupted: I tried to interrupt the knock back one but failed, however it may be due to lag or hit reasons. Maybe someone else here could confirm whether they are interruptable.

We used 3 tanks, 2 on mobs, 1 on the boss. We tanked the boss on one side of the adds spawn point, and aoe/cleave them down together with the boss. The two tanks constantly switch. The other side is pulled by the 3rd tank and mobs are dealt with by some ranged dps. Later in the fight we just ignored the other side. I think someone needs to check the range of the mob aoe attack. If it could be outranged, we could have completely ignored mobs on the other side.

About the fear thing, I suppose it could be resisted or something, so there will be a high possibility that someone of your group is not feared, and you need to ensure the tank is not feared to eliminate the randomness. I'm really not one who could say much here as 6~7 dps died of this mass fear thing when we are doing the fight, so the following are all assumptions. I suppose fear ward should work and in 25m you should have enough of them available. The human racial should work, so does the warrior berserk skill. Paladins could also use DS/cancel trick as the last resort.

One thing you need to pay attention is that you'd better not completely ignore the adds while concentrating on the boss. The add aoe damage could get quite severe with increasing number. If you're in lack of dps, call for a heroism/bloodlust at the start of the battle. As long as you could keep everyone alive, I think you should have enough dps to clear this one. We are by far not the top dps guild and we used 3 tanks/7 healers/15 dps, out of which 6~7 died due the mass fear, still we successfully one shot Zarithrian without calling a heroism.
superworm

Postby Lionnis » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:56 am

Very easy straight forward fight on Normal. We 2 shotted it the day after release without any problems, I tanked the inside and didn't have trouble with any of the mechanics. The trash is harder then the boss IMO. We'll be working on the heroic version of it this week.
Lionnis
Maintankadonor

Postby patches » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:11 am

For heroic, do you need a tank collecting the little adds?

My initial thought was you could people clump up after a meteor and then cleave down the little guys like bonespikes, but after thinking it through i started realizing that that might be a bigger problem in phase 3, even if you did a 15/10 split

They seem to hit fairly hard and will take down healers pretty quickly.... so... 4 tanks?

One of my guildees said he saw a vid of the Halion tank grabbing the big add... I wouldn't think this is a good idea.

Any advice?
patches

Postby Boèndal » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:51 am

According to their kill screen Premonition & FtH (video) did it with 4 Tanks. Paragon (again video information) used only 2 1/2 where Lazeil tanked the dragon and the big elementals on the upper side. The small elementals where handled by a dps druid in bearform or dps gear/tank spec (his healthpool is quite low to be a maintank).
Boèndal

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel