[10/25] Ruby Sanctum - Halion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] Ruby Sanctum - Halion

Postby Kihra » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:04 pm

Arianne wrote:We're also having issues in phase 1 with our healers dying to the adds. Tanks don't have enough burst threat to counteract a druid and holy paladin spam healing the tanks, so they get hit by 7+ adds all at once and die. We have a DK tank as our add tank. Do we need to do something like have that tank start on halion and tank swap when the adds are about to spawn so that we have vengeance built up?

Have a rogue stay up top and do tricks and fan of knives spam. That's how we did it pre-4.0. I assume it still works, but someone who knows more about rogues can correct me if it is no longer a valid strategy.
Kihra

Postby theckhd » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:51 am

I just tanked adds last night and it was working fine. I held off on Holy Wrath so that once the adds were FoK+Tricksed to me, I could stun them in place and drop Cons.

For phase 3, I found myself using Holy Wrath for each meteor, to lessen the healing load while moving. HotR every 3 seconds does a decent enough job of picking everything nearby up anyhow.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby inthedrops » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:50 am

Adds seem a little easier now. The holy wrath thing (glyphed), and the fewer amount of them seem to help. There are probably going to be one or two DPS in your raid who are slow to figure out that you'll never have instead agro. Just let em die and then tell them to wait a few seconds on new adds spawns.

The good news though is that Vengeance stays up pretty well so it's not all that bad.

One thing different though is that they hurt more. I used to wear a lot of DPS gear, now I stick with the tank gear.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Anubelle » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:10 am

Arianne wrote:Has any paladin successfully tanked heroic Halion fire realm since the patch? Can you give me an idea of what you're using for gear or if you have any particular cooldown rotation or talent spec that you recommend? What healer set up do you have and what assignments do they have?

I've tanked him in the fire realm a few days ago and it felt noticeably easier than before the patch. I popped some kind of damage reduction every time the big add got to me to make it easier for the healers, but really, with blockcap I never felt close to dying.

Regarding the little adds, since I wasn't tanking them I asked one our Holy Paladins to use the Holy Wrath glyph. It's a really nice perk to stun them as they get close; the adds tank and FoKing Rogues have time to get some threat on them and they don't get a chance to poke your healers with a melee swing or two.
Anubelle

Postby baleogthefierce » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:39 am

Yeah we've recently been rotating our Holy/Ret paladin Holy Wraths upstairs and it keeps the adds under control nicely... especially considering that our DK add tank gets absolutely murdered by the add damage. It's to the point where we dropped to 2 healers downstairs (Druid/Shaman is OP for mobile healing + WoG tank self heals approaching 300k for the encounter) just to shift another healer upstairs to compensate for the spiky damage.
baleogthefierce

Postby Vrimmel » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:28 pm

Is he bugged in any way now? When I was doing him with my guild he would randomly turn towards the raid even though tank had aggro. Especially bad if he did this during a breath.
Vrimmel

Postby Brutalus » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:35 pm

Vrimmel wrote:Is he bugged in any way now? When I was doing him with my guild he would randomly turn towards the raid even though tank had aggro. Especially bad if he did this during a breath.

On one try last reset he just randomly fixated one of our DKs and kept turning to him. Our main-tank kept taunting but he was still going back to the DK until he killed us all with his breath.
Brutalus

Postby Belloc » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:15 pm

Affliction locks (glyphed soul swap) and fire mages can cause that, from what I understand. Mark of blood (?) may do it, too, I can't remember.
Belloc

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel