[10/25] Ruby Sanctum - Halion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] Ruby Sanctum - Halion

Postby Alteima » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:04 am

Congrats on those with first kills!

My guild run last night did not go well on 25man normal. We even had issues with the trash pulls. It appears most forgot what cc is.

We wiped a couple times on Baltharus. Both times at around 10-15%ish, I went from full health to dead in 2 secs. Did anyone else have an issue like this? On our 3rd attempt, I basically just chained CDs starting at 20% whenever I got a brand debuff.

Same number of attempts on Saviana. Hunters were ridiculously slow at tranq shot, so we had 2 rogues use poison and it was a joke after that.

We never got past the last miniboss after about 5 attempts. Tanking him was not an issue, but we had all sorts of issues with getting the adds down. Can anyone give a quick rundown of what your strat was? How many tanks did you use? How many healers? Did you pull them to the boss or tank them away?

Thanks for any insight.
Alteima

Postby Amirya » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:10 am

Ok, on Saviana, what is the range of her Nova? I had casters and healers tell me they were at max range and still got hit by it (I had 1 officer who couldn't go last night, so he's leading a group of alts tomorrow, and I would like to be a little more prepared).

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby baleogthefierce » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:13 am

Alteima wrote:Congrats on those with first kills!

My guild run last night did not go well on 25man normal. We even had issues with the trash pulls. It appears most forgot what cc is.

You don't really need CC, you just need someone to pull the commanders out of the large packs so they aren't buffing all the other mobds.

Alteima wrote:We wiped a couple times on Baltharus. Both times at around 10-15%ish, I went from full health to dead in 2 secs. Did anyone else have an issue like this?

If your melee get the brand and don't notice, he'll stack up past 30 pretty quickly. I just used a cooldown when that happened and that got me through until the buff fell off of him.

Alteima wrote:We never got past the last miniboss after about 5 attempts. Tanking him was not an issue, but we had all sorts of issues with getting the adds down. Can anyone give a quick rundown of what your strat was? How many tanks did you use? How many healers? Did you pull them to the boss or tank them away?

We used 3 tanks. We basically had two of them full time picking up adds and holding them on the ramps as they would run in. Whenever a tank swap was needed, the boss tank would trade places with an add tank and grab their mobs. We just had all DPS ignore the adds and burn the boss down.
baleogthefierce

Postby Nexty » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:42 am

Alteima wrote:We wiped a couple times on Baltharus. Both times at around 10-15%ish, I went from full health to dead in 2 secs. Did anyone else have an issue like this? On our 3rd attempt, I basically just chained CDs starting at 20% whenever I got a brand debuff.

I didn't have the alpha DBM installed for this fight so I didn't see exactly who got hit with marks or how many went out. I'd just have casters group up and have them run out and just use CDs if he stacks start to get high.

Alteima wrote:Same number of attempts on Saviana. Hunters were ridiculously slow at tranq shot, so we had 2 rogues use poison and it was a joke after that.

One of our hunters just started spamming tranq shot when she was on the ground. I think he got tired of me calling out Tranq! on vent.

Alteima wrote:We never got past the last miniboss after about 5 attempts. Tanking him was not an issue, but we had all sorts of issues with getting the adds down. Can anyone give a quick rundown of what your strat was? How many tanks did you use? How many healers? Did you pull them to the boss or tank them away?

We tried to tank them twice with just one tank on the adds. Third try we didn't tank the adds and just let the dps go at them. They don't really do much damage on normal and I don't seem to remember them taking a swing at me. Just a single target spell for about 6k damage and their aoe. As long as too many aoe's didn't go off at once no one died. At 10%ish we had dps swap back to boss full time and burned him down. Could probably focus down at 25%.
Nexty

Postby pfunkmort » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:15 am

@theck - I forgot to look too hard at that 10 man video before it was (apparently) taken down this morning.

The adds that spawn in p3 Halion hard mode are the same adds that spawn in p1 (in 25 man I have confirmation that they do spawn in p3. in 10 man, idk) I don't know if you've seen a good video of them, but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8fIFm-Fs_w

has a basic view of what the big adds look like. There used to be some other recording from the PTR when hard mode testing was going on, but apparently they've all since been removed.

Essentially, after each meteor hits, a large fire elemental spawns and has to be picked up by someone. In addition 10-15 small fire elementals spawn at random intervals along the fire trails that occur after the meteor lands. They need to be picked up by someone ELSE (we were using a holy pally with RF and me with lolSoCleave - but more than 3-4 on a healer for 2-3 swings will kill them). The large elemental has to be tanked a good distance away from the small ones, or they give each other a rising buff which acts as an enrage (they grow bigger - increased health, and a damage component - I didn't see if it was haste or flat damage or what). The problem with them in p3, is that you may or may not have the dps to burn them down and maintain boss dps - and you may or may not (especially on 10 man - if they're present there) have the tanks to pick them up. I'm guessing a kitty with crit immunity or the MT gets MDed the larger eternals, the small ones tanked on the hind leg for cleave damage if possible.

The big one doesn't hit for much - I think like 10k or something at the most, unbuffed by little guys. I couldn't tell you about the smaller elementals, because my SCT lists say, their 10 melee hits as one larger number. It was around 1-2k each, again, unenraged.
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

Postby Faro » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:34 pm

theckhd wrote:
10N: No adds, 1 cutter, combustion stacks don't increase radius
10H: No adds, 2 cutters, void zones are cross-phase, gravity bomb snares

25N: same as 10m N?
25H: same as 10m H +adds?

That's my best approximation based on what I'm told about normal modes : /.
"Safiyas, if you don't stop screwing up I'm going to replace you with someone that has a Y chromosome." -Laethalas
Nikachelle on the Jewelcrafting Nerf- "Called my boyfriend up and told him. Think I ruined his day. :s"
Faro

Postby pfunkmort » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:08 pm

4 orbs in hard mode 25 instead of 2. not sure if that's similar in 10 man, as again, premo took down their vid. I had more typed out - but it wasn't much, and I dunno our guild's stance on strat information, so just the facts.

If you leave the adds up and go down to p2, something magical happens - no, I'm kidding. they stay up there and enrage. you get wrecked coming out.
pfunkmort

Postby Loras » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:52 pm

HELP!

In P2 I can't see the orbs, and the beam is very very thin, barely visible. Not seeing the orbs = I don't know where the beam will spawn. All settings are on Ultra. Help!!
Loras

Postby Vrimmel » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:42 pm

Tried to pug this today. Trash went ok, but I died all the time in p3. Two hits after eachother (hit me between 20 and 26k each melee) and not being topped up and I was dead. I was sitting on 55k hp and 32k armor. Healers arent really used to that heavy hits any more. :P
Vrimmel

Postby pfunkmort » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:13 pm

.....I'm reaching...

but

Loras wrote:HELP!

In P2 I can't see the orbs, and the beam is very very thin, barely visible. Not seeing the orbs = I don't know where the beam will spawn. All settings are on Ultra. Help!!

could be view distance. But I doubt it's affected by much else. I keep projected textures on, and keep everything else on low... so, it MAY be like a video card driver issue.
pfunkmort

Postby Boèndal » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:15 am

So what's the trick in bringing shamans to this encounter? 2 out of 5 guilds who have killed 25 hm mention it on their homepage? We've been with 2 alt 10 groups there yesterday and he went down after a couple of tries for both groups (normal mode).
Boèndal

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:10 am

Buffs don't carry through the phasing. That means if you lust on one side, the people on the other side don't get it. Phase 3's the phase you really need to push the DPS, and it's also the phase where DPS is split between the two sides, so one side not getting lust is a bit of a pain.
Rhiannon

Postby Nemi » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:13 am

for 10m RS was pretty easy once we figgured out who was going where in P3

We had a group of melee go into the phys realm and our ranged moved in the shadow realm or whatever.

As for finding the orbs I found it pretty easy just rotate your camera around without moving and follow an orb, once the lazorz start firing up is when you need to ensure you're not going to be caught in the middle. They rotate clockwise and are 180 degrees from one another so you really only have to track one.

Achievement rates: World 1.67%, 25m guilds 1.9%, 10m-strict guilds 0.27%
Average raid gear level for achievement: 5888 gear score
Characters required to trigger: 8 over time or 7 in the same raid
Nemi

Postby pfunkmort » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:45 am

to build on what rhiannon said...you can probably also save your lusts to compensate for poor balance in corporeality.
pfunkmort

Postby Laz » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:58 am

I can confirm that there are 4 orbs in 10 man heroic. There are no adds from the meteor, however.
Laz

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel