Remove Advertisements

[10] Sindragosa

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Sindragosa

Postby Rustyblade » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:55 am

We just 1shot sindragosa last night and it was my first time tanking her.

The trick is that the tanks need to call out when to break the ice blocks and taunt not on a set number of stacks but when their debuff falls off to keep it as low as possible.

Myself and the other tank both got a piece of crafted frost resist boots since 85% of the damage is frost this helped a TON to kill her and we wouldn't have been able to finish her last 200k hp when I died if it wasn't for those boots. They have 2 sockets and if your decently geared the loss of a little avoidance and defense shouldn't hurt you at all.

Other then that when the tank calls he needs to get rid of his debuffs everyone damage the iceblock to 10-20% and then breaks it when he says he is good, this is what we did and it has been working well.
Rustyblade

Postby econ21 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:05 am

I am also having trouble with Sindragosa on phase 3. Last night, about four times, I was behind ice tombs and my stacks did not fall off. They were refreshed before the tombs were even destroyed. Talking to my guild raid group, it was suggested that the problem was my positioning. I was right next to the ice tomb, in the middle. Like

------------Head

----------------Tomb
------------------Me

It was suggested that I should be further away from the tomb, and to the diagonal away from her centre. Like:

-----------------Head

-----------Tomb

-------Me

Or

----------Tail

-----------------Tomb

------------------------Me

Is this right? I have not had a lot of time to practice with this, so would benefit from any advice.

I am absolutely fine with using ice tombs in the air phase, but I guess a difference is that the impact points for the air phase are specific spots whereas Sindragosa is an enormous dragon so it is not quite clear how to break LOS.
econ21

Postby Levantine » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:02 am

I would hazard a guess and say it's probably from the center of her hitbox? I haven't seen the fight first hand, so take that with a giant ass grain of salt.
Levantine

Postby Argali » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:27 pm

If you place the tomb TOO close to her, then you run into issues of needing to be at the exact spot that is LoS. Also, tbh, I'm not quite sure where mystic buffet emanates from. Some say it's from the centre, some say it's from the head, some say it's from the center, but because she's a dragon, it's raised above the ground, so that if the tomb is to close, you're still in LoS in a diagonal line.
Argali

Postby baleogthefierce » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:51 am

We have had great success using the center of her hitbox as the point from which to LoS the Mystic Buffet.
baleogthefierce

Postby econ21 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:18 am

baleogthefierce wrote:We have had great success using the center of her hitbox as the point from which to LoS the Mystic Buffet.

Sounds logical. I wonder if targeting her with a ranged ability (like exorcism) would reveal if I was out of line of sight? On my action bar, such abilities have a small circle in the upper right corner to indicate whether one is in range - if it was red when I target her, maybe that would show my positioning is correct? Or maybe it just indicates range rather than LOS? Actually trying to cast exorcism is not ideal, due to the cast time.
econ21

Postby beornus » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:15 pm

Given the 30% Buff we used Lesser Potions of Resistance rather than normal raid goodies like Stoneblood and it made a difference. The potion and FR should reduce the frost damage by about 40%, making the healing much easier and the wiggle room if healers get chained tombed etc greater. Note - it does not stop stupid, just makes it more survivable.

I should have kept quiet and thought a fool then to have typed and removed all doubt.
beornus
Maintankadonor

Postby Vesc » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:03 pm

the pink MB bubble grows form her center. so

neiter--head
----------tomb
------------you

nor-----tail
------tomb
-----you

but----head-dragon bony stuff-tail
------------tomb
----------you

bony = center
Vesc

Postby Baldulf » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:11 am

Hello, first time posting here.

Very specific question for [10] Sindragosa, which is where our guild is stuck right now.

I've read that parry haste is enabled for normal Sindragosa. Given that, do I want to prioritize my gems for expertise up to the hard cap over dodge/parry? Would I even want to prioritize my gems for expertise over stamina up to the hard cap?

Thanks for any input.
Baldulf

Postby amh » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:39 pm

Even if she's got parry-haste enabled: No. No no no no no. Her melee attacks are pitiful. If anything, get some frost resist. Else just stack stamina, threat, mp5 spirit or whatever you fancy. :)
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Baldulf » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:35 pm

Thanks much, Amh. I've got plenty of FR (I wear two pieces for that fight, which puts me at 313 with aura). I'm picking up the 264 chestpiece today and re-gemming/enchanting, though, and with all the expertise on that piece of gear, was wondering whether to shoot for hard cap.

Also, it occurred to me that hard-capped expertise does me no good if my OT isn't also hard-capped, and I don't think he is.

Thanks. This is exactly what I needed to hear.
Baldulf

Postby amh » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:01 pm

Good stuff. :) Also, welcome!

You can probably add a flask on top of that to reach 30% guaranteed resistance (the threshold is 340 rating). More than that would be a bit overkill, unless your tank-swaps are really hairy. I run with 40% resistance, but we do everything really furry, and I'm not threatcapping anyone these days.

More on resistance mechanics: http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t44675-resi ... ics_wotlk/
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Potus » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:08 am

Belloc wrote:
Malthrax wrote:FYI - if your guild is having issues with "that guy" making it out of Blistering Cold alive, we found out Thursday evening that Sindragosa is vulnerable to Curse of Tongues (and I'd assume Mind Numbing Poison & Slow, since they're the same debuff).

Cast time of Blistering Cold went from its default 5 seconds to 6 1/2 (30% increase).

This was enough extra time for our laggy, slow-to-react Resto Druid to run out (she almost always gets nailed by it - I don't know why).

Holy shit, lol

This might have been answered, but does this also apply for heroic mode of the encounter?
You know this, because you are psychic.

Potus

Postby Belloc » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:24 am

Potus wrote:
Belloc wrote:
Malthrax wrote:FYI - if your guild is having issues with "that guy" making it out of Blistering Cold alive, we found out Thursday evening that Sindragosa is vulnerable to Curse of Tongues (and I'd assume Mind Numbing Poison & Slow, since they're the same debuff).

Cast time of Blistering Cold went from its default 5 seconds to 6 1/2 (30% increase).

This was enough extra time for our laggy, slow-to-react Resto Druid to run out (she almost always gets nailed by it - I don't know why).

Holy shit, lol

This might have been answered, but does this also apply for heroic mode of the encounter?
Yes.
Belloc

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel