[10] Sindragosa

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Sindragosa

Postby NeoArmada » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:18 am

Ok so currently I am stuck on Sindragosa in my raiding progress. I am familiar with the fight and all and it is honestly not my fault that we keep wiping at the moment. We can always get to phase 3 and then where we wipe is when someone stays in the Ice tomb too long. I am the OT and MT is a druid. Naturally, we will eventually swap stacks of mystic buffet adn from what I understand and have read, when one of the tanks reaches 4 stacks of this debuff then the other tank is supposed to taunt off of him and then he run behind the ice tomb to LOS Sindragosa and remove his stacks and then return and let the other tank do the same. Unfortunately, we have not gotten far enough into phase three where I have to do this and the way we are running the ice tombs draws some concerns in how I will be able to remove my stacks. I was just wondering if people could post some strategies for tank swapping on the third phase. We tank her on the left side of the stairs facing the wall and the raid group assembles on her back right foot. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
NeoArmada

Re: [10] Sindragosa

Postby Belloc » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:05 am

Tank swapping on Sindragosa should be a constant thing. Phase 3 starts, first ice block appears, tank 2 gets behind it and drops their stacks. As soon as the stack has been dropped (if you see the mystic buffet go off while you are LoS, that means that your stack will be dropping in a moment and you are good to go), tank 2 runs up and taunts. Tank 1 runs behind the newest ice block, drops stacks, and runs back.

Basically, there is no waiting for 4 stacks or any such thing. You are either tanking, dropping stacks, or en route to one of the two. The ONLY downtime for tanks is the 2 or 3 seconds you are standing behind an ice block.

It sounds to me, however, that your issue is healing. The only real difficulties on this fight are not panicking during phase 3 and learning how to heal phase 3. If everyone is dropping their stacks every other block, raid damage shouldn't be too high. That just leaves tank healing.

How many healers are you using?
Belloc

Postby NeoArmada » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:44 am

Well we are using three healers, but the problem that we have had the past few times is that someone will get iceblocked, then the dps doesnt pay enough attention to it and a healer had to focus on the iceblock to keep them alive, but where should the ice block be positioned so that myself and the other tank can LOS Sindragosa without too much distance and complication?
NeoArmada

Postby Belloc » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:04 pm

Code: Select all

Tank   D   R   A   G  O  N  tail
        Claw melee  Claw

block          block
            RANGED

Alternate between the two block positions. Remember that blocks will hit anyone within 10 yards, which is a bad thing. Tanks should never have any issue getting behind an ice block, no matter where it is. Just start heading for the newest ice block when the other tank taunts.

Healers can't keep ice blocked targets alive, since they are out of LoS. Your DPS simply cannot fail to handle the ice blocks properly. That's like DPS not paying enough attention to bite someone on Blood Queen, or ignoring the adds on Putricide -- until they get it right, you will wipe.

When someone is chosen to be an ice block, they run to one of the ice block positions. As soon as they are turned into an ice block, DPS gets behind it and DPS's it. If they fail to do this, you wipe. Ice blocks are the ONLY important thing in phase 3.

Again, the moment an ice block appears, everyone needs to react to it. You don't need everyone getting behind every ice block, but you definitely need everyone getting behind every other ice block. You also need enough DPS on an ice block to kill it before a new one spawns. Melee, for damn sure, better be getting behind and DPSing every ice block, since they are handicapped on the boss.
Belloc

Postby Gracerath » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:45 am

Interestingly enough, we've actually had a few wipes on 10's from DPS killing tombs TOO quickly. With the 20% buff and tombs with 100k health, they can be destroyed very quickly. Just be sure to call out when your stacks are off so your dps can safely blow up the tomb. Nothing like having 1 second left on your buffet stack only to get it renewed cause the tomb broke early. We keep 1 full time melee on tombs to blow them up so everyone else can dps the boss as much as possible and that works out pretty well. If that person gets tombed, just call out another dpser to take over.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:03 pm

Gracerath wrote:Interestingly enough, we've actually had a few wipes on 10's from DPS killing tombs TOO quickly. With the 20% buff and tombs with 100k health, they can be destroyed very quickly. Just be sure to call out when your stacks are off so your dps can safely blow up the tomb. Nothing like having 1 second left on your buffet stack only to get it renewed cause the tomb broke early. We keep 1 full time melee on tombs to blow them up so everyone else can dps the boss as much as possible and that works out pretty well. If that person gets tombed, just call out another dpser to take over.

Hmm, I'll try that this week. Our consistent issue with Sindragosa is the tombs (and noobsicles galore!). I can manage MB if need be, but the tombs, omg.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:57 am

Wiping for too much dps is fun (not).

To deal with it, we forbid any DPS on tombs beside autoattacks before 3rd explosion. They died VERY quick now :\
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Malthrax » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:02 am

FYI - if your guild is having issues with "that guy" making it out of Blistering Cold alive, we found out Thursday evening that Sindragosa is vulnerable to Curse of Tongues (and I'd assume Mind Numbing Poison & Slow, since they're the same debuff).

Cast time of Blistering Cold went from its default 5 seconds to 6 1/2 (30% increase).

This was enough extra time for our laggy, slow-to-react Resto Druid to run out (she almost always gets nailed by it - I don't know why).
Malthrax

Postby Belloc » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:21 pm

Malthrax wrote:FYI - if your guild is having issues with "that guy" making it out of Blistering Cold alive, we found out Thursday evening that Sindragosa is vulnerable to Curse of Tongues (and I'd assume Mind Numbing Poison & Slow, since they're the same debuff).

Cast time of Blistering Cold went from its default 5 seconds to 6 1/2 (30% increase).

This was enough extra time for our laggy, slow-to-react Resto Druid to run out (she almost always gets nailed by it - I don't know why).

Holy shit, lol
Belloc

Postby Worldie » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:12 am

Sounds interesting, i'll get that tried out next raid :D
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby amh » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:30 pm

Damn, nice. Just don't let them nerf/fix/whatever that till friday, so we can kill her.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:32 pm

Yeah, the curse of tongues thing works pretty well, lol.
Belloc

Postby Eredor » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:02 am

Don't know if you have any advice but we loose way too much time on Sindradosa, it takes us hours of wipe every week and then we don't have enough time to work on LK.

Basically in P3 the OT (generally prot war) dies from not having enough heal because healer is LOS or whatever.

I have asked (our 3) healers to separate in 2 groups so 1 is always available but sometime a team is too slow on an ice tomb. Or the opposite an ice tomb is downed so fast that mystick buffet stacks don't disappear. Or people are too near an too many people get iced.

I am really at a loss as to what to say except position yourselves better.

We are using the positioning as in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6YpQLCmcRE

Can you tell me to how many stacks your melee, ranged & heals go in P3 and how you manage the ice tombs?
Would doing a single group (except 1 healer on the tank) be better?

Any idea welcome!
PS I'll try the curse of tongues thing.
Eredor
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:50 pm

Tomb left, tomb right, tomb left, tomb right.

DPS will pick a side and LoS whenever a tomb is on that side. Healers do the same, but they are expected to be smart enough to know when it's safe to ignore the tombs and heal the tank instead. Missing a single debuff reset will not kill anyone.

So, yeah, this is one of those fights where players have to be good enough to do things without being told to.
Belloc

Postby Gracerath » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:24 am

Missing a single debuff reset will not kill anyone

That.

With the 20% buff (and well before) letting stacks get to 5-8 wont necessarily kill you. It will suck but its survivable. I can't stress it enough, the biggest thing is communication. For our group, we just have healers say in vent "Ok I have to reset my stacks this time around, watch the tank" and one of the other healers steps their game up for 5 seconds. Tanks can be listening for that too and use that time to use cooldowns if they know they'll be getting a bit less healing, or pain suppressions, hand of sac, divine guardian, etc.

Tell your dpsers to just chill on the tombs if they are killing them too quickly. Have 1 or 2 people dedicated to it and just call out when its ok to break it. Usually the tank is a good one to call this cause they have a bit of running time to get to each one so by the time he gets there to reset his stack, everyone else that was there should have theirs reset. As soon as the tank says he's clear, blow up the tomb.

The communication thing is so important. A little story. I was in a guild that got totally stuck on heroic beasts in 25. We just couldn't survive the later impales and tank switches. I couldn't figure it out but I had a realization: no one was announcing their shit. Then I join a guild with some good friends to raid late night. The first thing I hear in vent on that fight is "X is taunting in 3 2 1" and "Ok Y is taunting in 5, give him a cooldown" It was really just amazing. Healers knew when to switch heal targets, knew when and who to put cooldowns on. Sure you can say well your tanks and healers should just know and I'd argue that while that is true, a little communication is never a bad thing. (Not saying this is the case for some of you guys but it is something to consider. It changed my life!)
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel