10H - # of healers for fights

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

10H - # of healers for fights

Postby Shathus » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:12 am

My basic question is how many healers did people use when doing (progression attempts) 10 man hard modes? I've seen comments about it here and there in the specific hard mode threads, I was just looking to consolidate and fill in the blanks if possible.

For normal, we've been 2 healing lower spire and plague, 3 healing crimson, frost and LK. My initial impressions are that this would be pretty similar for hard modes, the main exception being adding a healer for Marrowgar to combat the RNG of a healer getting spiked during Bonestorm. Some even went as far as a 4th healer for that fight (assuming a single tank) for ultimate 'safety' I guess.

Dreamwalker I'd imagine would be another one where adding another healer wouldn't hurt. Have you tried to push it with 2 healers and an extra DPS for some of the fights, or is that too much heart attack for healers?
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Re: 10H - # of healers for fights

Postby Rhiannon » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:04 pm

That's pretty much right. For learning Marrowgar three healers is safer. For plague, well it depends on your group. The dps check for festergut is not that severe, especially with the buff at 20%, so if you're seeing deaths then you can get away with 3 healers.

For LK - well, it was 3 healed even with the buff at 10% I think (not sure), but it really required something amazing from your dps and a really well synergised raid. If you have the healers for it (ie disc priest + x), I'd really try to two healer it to ease the dps requirements.
Rhiannon

Postby Belloc » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:12 pm

Marrowgar: 3
Deathwhisper: 2
Gunship: 2
Saurfang: 2 (pref paladin)
Rotface: 2
Festergut: 2-3, depending on your strengths and weaknesses
Putricide: 2
Blood Princes: 3
Blood Queen: 3
Valithria: 3
Sindrgosa: 3
Belloc

Postby Shathus » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Thanks for the replies. About what I thought. Currently we roll disc and holy priests. With a resto shaman swingman. Occasionally a tree in the swing spot depending on who fills out the last 2 spots. Not likely gonna have a pally for DBS unless another geared tank joins for that week and I can heal.

I figure I can have my wife (holy priest) switch to shadow and get the shammy to heal for a little extra healing help w/o actually using 3 healers if needed as well.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:48 pm

Belloc wrote:Marrowgar: 1 (pref paladin)
Deathwhisper: 1(pref paladin)
Gunship: 1 (pref paladin)
Saurfang: 1 (pref paladin)
Rotface: 1 (pref paladin)
Festergut: 1 (pref paladin)
Putricide: 1 (pref paladin)
Blood Princes: 1 (pref paladin)
Blood Queen: 1 (pref paladin)
Valithria: 2
Sindrgosa: 2

Fix'd.
The better dps, the easier :P
Treck

Postby ToKu » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:07 am

There is no absolute answer, alot will depend on your DPS comp, and what kind of healers there are.

Holy pally's do well in every fight. Disc priests with holy OS are nice as a few fights i'd have em go holy. Druids are awesome as a 2nd healer. Shamans are ok, we've found we have to tailor fights to make the most of thier heals, this is usually our 3rd healer who goes DPS when we only 2 heal it.
ToKu

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:54 pm

Treck wrote:
Belloc wrote:Marrowgar: 1 (pref paladin)
Deathwhisper: 1(pref paladin)
Gunship: 1 (pref paladin)
Saurfang: 1 (pref paladin)
Rotface: 1 (pref paladin)
Festergut: 1 (pref paladin)
Putricide: 1 (pref paladin)
Blood Princes: 1 (pref paladin)
Blood Queen: 1 (pref paladin)
Valithria: 2
Sindrgosa: 2

Fix'd.
The better dps, the easier :P

I must agree with this, one of our Holy Pala managed to soloheal about everything except last 2.
The best defense is more DPS!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Belloc » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:46 pm

Let's not forget that he's asking with regards to progression attempts. Furthermore, he's asking now, when we have a 20% buff. I wouldn't expect any of this solo heal advice to be of any use to the OP.
Belloc

Postby Treck » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:34 pm

Belloc wrote:Let's not forget that he's asking with regards to progression attempts. Furthermore, he's asking now, when we have a 20% buff. I wouldn't expect any of this solo heal advice to be of any use to the OP.

Still, going from normal to HC progress, doesnt mean "bring more healers".
You will still use 2 healers where you used to. Exceptions to bring a 3rd in would maybe be marrowgar/fester/BQL where the healing might be to much if your 2 healers are inexperienced/less geared.
Bloodprinces is a control fight, easy to do with 2 healers but if you can keep control, you can bring in more healers.
Valithra should be easy enough with 2, one going in, one staying out.
Sindrigosa id recommend using 3 on when progressing. 2 means one is always busy with the debuff, and if you then get the other healer with iceblock, it gets messy, doable, but messy.
When your dps is spiking up with the 20% buff, all bosses die really fast, taking out a healer and in a dps takes away a lot of time on a fight, leaving less time for people to fail, but also healers might not have time to go oom.
Treck

Postby Lieris » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:18 am

We used for progression:

Marrowgar: 4 (solo tank)
Deathwhisper: 2
Gunship: 2
Saurfang: 2
Plague Wing: 3
Blood Wing: 3
Frost Wing: 3
Lich King: 2 (still working on this one)

Marrowgar with just the 5% buff was pretty brutal.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel