Buff scaling problem

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Buff scaling problem

Postby superworm » Fri May 14, 2010 10:22 pm

Recently when doing 25 NM LK, our disc priest reported that she was suffering from mana problems as infest could no longer break her shield. I also experienced similar scaling problems when getting more and more hp. With around 70k hp I'm taking effectively more damage as WoTN(dk version of AD, which reduces 15% of the whole damage) is triggering much less now. For my instance, I could try to solve this by switching to armor trinkets (maybe I should already be doing that?). But for the disc priest I don't know what to do. Maybe she should use more mp5 gear and mp5 flasks?
superworm

Re: Buff scaling problem

Postby dewkstraykr » Fri May 14, 2010 10:53 pm

easiest way could be to tell the priest to downrank, or skip shields on a couple of higher hp melee and let the resto shaman chain heal through them to cover the deficit?

for yourself, armor trinkets are sexy without a doubt. Once you are past the point of EH that a melee coinciding with the final attack of soul reaper killing you then you should be fine.
dewkstraykr

Postby Joanadark » Sun May 16, 2010 4:13 pm

Downrank PW:S. Priests have been doing that for 10-man normal ever since 0%. It makes more sense to downrank and have it proc rapture than to do full rank for full mana cost.

Also, I wrote an article in the early days of tankspot called "The Point of No More Stam" that would prolly have a ton of relevance to the current tank gearing situation with the ICC buff scaling. Shame it and all my other articles got deleted when I was rage-banned.
Regearing for more AC or avoidance does make more sense, yes, to answer your question.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby superworm » Mon May 17, 2010 1:10 am

Downranking PW:S seems to be a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion!
superworm

Postby fafhrd » Mon May 17, 2010 12:27 pm

Joanadark wrote:Also, I wrote an article in the early days of tankspot called "The Point of No More Stam" that would prolly have a ton of relevance to the current tank gearing situation with the ICC buff scaling. Shame it and all my other articles got deleted when I was rage-banned.

You got banned from tankspot :O?
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Nikachelle » Mon May 17, 2010 12:30 pm

fafhrd wrote:
Joanadark wrote:Also, I wrote an article in the early days of tankspot called "The Point of No More Stam" that would prolly have a ton of relevance to the current tank gearing situation with the ICC buff scaling. Shame it and all my other articles got deleted when I was rage-banned.

You got banned from tankspot :O?

Where the hell have you been?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Mon May 17, 2010 1:57 pm

I discovered reddit, so have been there instead Nika.

Is there a long, exciting story about this tankspot thing to share?
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Joanadark » Mon May 17, 2010 5:25 pm

extremely exciting.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Nikachelle » Tue May 18, 2010 4:21 am

You missed the revelation of Ciderhelm. *shakes head*
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel