Deathbringer's Will and boss mechanics

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Deathbringer's Will and boss mechanics

Postby fudomyou » Wed May 05, 2010 10:52 am

A while ago, there were bugs about the Deathbringer's Will transformations, which would prevent Gunship jumping and Blood Queen biting. I think they got rid of the Gunship bugs with Deathbringer's Will, but what about Blood Queen? We've been having issues getting our bites off lately, of the "I'm spamming 1 and nothing's coming out" variety, so is it best to force our DPS to take off the trinket for the fight, and/or make a macro that cancels DBW's transformations?

Thanks in advance.
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Re: Deathbringer's Will and boss mechanics

Postby Nikachelle » Wed May 05, 2010 10:58 am

I'd be interested in this as well. We had the same problem happen last night but we weren't sure what had happened and just assumed a normal bug. I checked her armory, and sure enough, she has Deathbringer's Will.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Meloree » Wed May 05, 2010 12:37 pm

I've never had a problem biting with the proc up on my feral druid. But, hey, it's blizzard, that could be related to some kind of "form within a form" bug that corrects the DBW shapeshift bug. For all I know, they'll fix it for everyone else, and cats will have to shift out of form to bite.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Wed May 05, 2010 1:48 pm

Our rogue was standing right in front of his bite target last night and couldn't bite, despite mashing the bite button. He, too, has Deathbringer's Will.

I think it's safe to assume that people shape-shifted by DBW are unable to bite.
Belloc

Postby fafhrd » Wed May 05, 2010 9:36 pm

Tell them to make a macro to cancelaura the buffs (and not put this macro on a bar hidden when they need to bite someone).

I was under the impression the bloodqueen issue was long fixed (gunhship one definitely is).

Personally, I don't think I've had a proc up while biting because of the way the timers work out.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby guillex » Thu May 06, 2010 8:37 am

Nikachelle wrote:I'd be interested in this as well. We had the same problem happen last night but we weren't sure what had happened and just assumed a normal bug. I checked her armory, and sure enough, she has Deathbringer's Will.

Stal has it ... But I've had the same bug, with neither of my trinkets proccing a transformation ... It might be like your bar problem with Putput.

Just throwing my 2c out there.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Argali » Thu May 06, 2010 9:20 am

AFAIK, there's several things that make bits not work. Shapeshift(anything, forms, Noggenfoggers, DBW), and the fact there's apparently a deadzone in which you can't bite.
Argali

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel