Remove Advertisements

[25] Rotface - Why kite the Big Oozes??

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Rotface - Why kite the Big Oozes??

Postby inthedrops » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:04 pm

I wish we'd always kill it achievement way. Much easier on me :)
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:28 pm

inthedrops wrote:I wish we'd always kill it achievement way. Much easier on me :)

Easier on everyone, really... no one has to move.
Belloc

Postby Dunkan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:26 pm

Well, the damage on me did not seem too great with one healer when I was kiting. We normally carry 5 healers for the entire fight and they are getting boared so...

I will try it just for funsies on Thursday. Yeah, I wish those few situationally-challenged could learn to drop their friends off to me properly, however it ain't happening now. Willing to try something new just to discount this approach. I have never been one for blindly following strats and have been experimenting with sex, drugs and raiding for some time now...

Will report back Friday with images (of the raiding)...
Khaz'goroth Oceanic
Dunkan

Postby chinoquezada » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:52 pm

Dunkan wrote:Well, the damage on me did not seem too great with one healer when I was kiting. We normally carry 5 healers for the entire fight and they are getting boared so...

I will try it just for funsies on Thursday. Yeah, I wish those few situationally-challenged could learn to drop their friends off to me properly, however it ain't happening now. Willing to try something new just to discount this approach. I have never been one for blindly following strats and have been experimenting with sex, drugs and raiding for some time now...

You will horribly die dude, there is no discussion in that...
Goodluck though.
chinoquezada

Postby Parmley » Mon May 03, 2010 1:56 pm

Dunkan wrote:Well, the damage on me did not seem too great with one healer when I was kiting. We normally carry 5 healers for the entire fight and they are getting boared so...

So, how did it work out?
Parmley

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon May 03, 2010 2:02 pm

Parmley wrote:

So, how did it work out?

I want gruesome pictures!
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Mon May 03, 2010 3:58 pm

When did this thread get unlocked?
Belloc

Postby guillex » Tue May 04, 2010 12:10 pm

Belloc wrote:When did this thread get unlocked?

A little while ago.

Dunkan let me know that he had an alternative strategy for Rotface 25, and wanted to share.

He still hasn't posted, however this IS Maintankadin, and we've never been closed to other solutions to a problem. I'd like to see where this leads ... If Dunkan would get back here and post! :)
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Dunkan » Wed May 05, 2010 9:04 pm

Thanks Guillex. Sorry, been busy IRL.

So, the problem I had was all about my raiders not coping with dropping the oozes off correctly towards the end of the fight. This was because of two-left-feet syndrome and also lower DPS than I would have liked. These issues together meant the final 20-30% of the fight was awful.

My raiders had huge problems finding where I was to drop the oozes off. Yeah, crap situational awareness. The "standard" strat is keep running around the outside "track" although for a pally with PoJ that really means just walking backwards - the speed is more than sufficient to keep Big Oozes around 20 yards in front of me.

So, my thought was to absolutley minimise my moves and see what happens.

Standing still worked ok, until AD popped then it was over pretty quick after that...

However, I arrived at a variation that seemed to work for us.

Basically, I claimed the two 1/4s of the room closest to the entrance as my area. When one of those quarters was flooded I moved to the next 1/4. There is enough room in each quarter to do small kites on the mobs without taking too much damage and it seemed to make things a lot easier for my raiders. A bit like rocket-jump tanking on the enemy boss on the boat fight in ICC. You get plenty of advance warning when the quarter you are in is going to flood so there is plenty of time to announce on vent.

Worked for us.
Khaz'goroth Oceanic
Dunkan

Postby Sarutankah » Tue May 11, 2010 5:12 pm

I run around like a mad chicken while the RL screams at the dps :D

I am going to mark the ooze so they aim for that and not me (although the big nipple above my head is v attractive.)
Sarutankah

Postby Koatanga » Tue May 11, 2010 9:46 pm

In our 10 the other week our strategy was for the OT to get DCd 10 seconds into the fight. We tried to do achievement-style to get through it, but not everyone knew what that was and soon enough we got a big ooze.

In the end it was me kiting the boss and the ooze around frantically, but we got the kill.

Has anyone tried single-tanking it on 25?
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Dantriges » Wed May 12, 2010 1:13 am

I mark myself, get out the argentum delivery boy (knave?). mark him and the ooze. I tell my raiders to Look out for the caravan of raid symbols. I also announce my position on vent.

Works most of the time.
Dantriges

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed May 12, 2010 10:14 am

If you generally always run clockwise, tell people to just run counterclockwise. Not much thinking involved! :D
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Dunkan » Thu May 13, 2010 2:45 am

Lol, agree Fuzzy.

Some of my raiders have 2 left feet...
Khaz'goroth Oceanic
Dunkan

Postby lythac » Thu May 13, 2010 3:17 am

I always remember after Prophet Skeram in AQ40 most people run up the right hand side and only a few the left. The shape of the ramp is symetrical and it is not faster going either way. After several weeks of seeing this and after extensive forum polling, it seems that a higher proportion of the left handed players went left. This was either due to lefties being radical free thinkers or a more natural way for them to move their mouse.

As daft as this may sound it feels more natural for me to kite/run counter clockwise, so yes get the raiders to run counter clockwise and you run clockwise.

My serious test was very srs and approved by serious cat.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel