[25] Rotface - Why kite the Big Oozes??

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Rotface - Why kite the Big Oozes??

Postby Dunkan » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:26 pm

Title says it all. I am having trouble with raiders dropping off their little oozes and am thinking of simply straddeling two of the rooms quarters. With a healer and a half, I should be ok?

Thoughts?
Khaz'goroth Oceanic
Image
User avatar
Dunkan
 
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 1:05 am

Re: [25] Rotface - Why kite the Big Oozes??

Postby Raivnor » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:03 pm

I do that fight with two druids healing me and whenever I'm close enough to get melee'd my health spikes like crazy. I can imagine that if you were standing in a pool or got a little slimespray, or the even if the ooze had 4 stacks you would get roflpwn'd b4 a healer could get to you.
Image
Raivnor
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:53 pm

Re: [25] Rotface - Why kite the Big Oozes??

Postby Belloc » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:09 pm

Big oozes hit harder than Festergut at 3 stacks. That's why you don't tank them.
User avatar
Belloc
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Silent Earth

Re: [25] Rotface - Why kite the Big Oozes??

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:38 pm

Big oozes hit harder the more stacks they have. You'll get one-shot sooner than later.

Your raiders need to stop being stupid and get the little oozes to you, or they will never get loot off this boss. I tell them if I'm running clockwise around the room, to run counter-clockwise, instead of chasing me around.
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5130
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Re: [25] Rotface - Why kite the Big Oozes??

Postby chinoquezada » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:30 am

Dunkan wrote:Title says it all. I am having trouble with raiders dropping off their little oozes and am thinking of simply straddeling two of the rooms quarters. With a healer and a half, I should be ok?

Thoughts?


Big Ooze hits hard yo.
User avatar
chinoquezada
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:47 am

Re: [25] Rotface - Why kite the Big Oozes??

Postby Invisusira » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:55 am

Try it. No, really. Go on, try it.

*Dunkan comes running back from the graveyard, head bowed in shame*

Now. What have we learned here today?
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Re: [25] Rotface - Why kite the Big Oozes??

Postby knaughty » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:40 am

Dunkan wrote:Thoughts?

Let us know how the floor tastes.

I'm in a mix of 264/277 gear. 10-man Big Oozes no longer one-shot me!
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
User avatar
knaughty
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3558
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Re: [25] Rotface - Why kite the Big Oozes??

Postby Malthrax » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:45 am

You'll have to kite the big ooze(s) around the room - there's no avoiding that.

However, if your raiders are failing at "run to the OT", you could just tell them to stand still and ignore the little ooze beating on them. Let two small oozes merge into a big one in the middle of your raid, and then taunt it out of the raid as soon as it becomes active. Let two more small oozes merge, and taunt that big one out as well. The two big oozes chasing you will merge into a single big ooze.

I've done this successfully on 10-man, never tried it on 25-man. The extra bodies might make things too chaotic... not sure. But it does relocate some of the responsibility to "not fail" away from them and onto you.
User avatar
Malthrax
 
Posts: 731
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:23 am

Re: [25] Rotface - Why kite the Big Oozes??

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:56 am

So basically you didn't look at their damage output before posting.
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11005
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: [25] Rotface - Why kite the Big Oozes??

Postby Boyfriend » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:00 am

(post from the future)

When you're level 85 and in Tier 15 raid gear, you can tank the boss and the oozes; it's not a big issue, the oozes hit for around 50k; but they have a slow attack speed and I just got to 200k health yesterday and my healer says it's just fine to heal me.

I'm having issues soloing it though like those DK's nerf their self heal :<
Image
User avatar
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:16 am
Location: Sweden

Re: [25] Rotface - Why kite the Big Oozes??

Postby Malthrax » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:52 am

Invisusira wrote:Try it. No, really. Go on, try it.

*Dunkan comes running back from the graveyard, head bowed in shame*

Now. What have we learned here today?

Bring more healers?

:lol:
User avatar
Malthrax
 
Posts: 731
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:23 am

Re: [25] Rotface - Why kite the Big Oozes??

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:54 am

Malthrax wrote:
Invisusira wrote:Try it. No, really. Go on, try it.

*Dunkan comes running back from the graveyard, head bowed in shame*

Now. What have we learned here today?

Bring more healers?

:lol:

What I'm even more amused by is that he wanted to do it with 1.5 healers. I'd bring half the raid as healers if I wanted to even try to pull this off.
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11005
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: [25] Rotface - Why kite the Big Oozes??

Postby chinoquezada » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:54 am

Malthrax wrote:
Invisusira wrote:Try it. No, really. Go on, try it.

*Dunkan comes running back from the graveyard, head bowed in shame*

Now. What have we learned here today?

Bring more healers?

:lol:



Bring enough healers to cover 5mins of continuous CDs.
User avatar
chinoquezada
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:47 am

Re: [25] Rotface - Why kite the Big Oozes??

Postby Belloc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:09 am

Malthrax wrote:You'll have to kite the big ooze(s) around the room - there's no avoiding that.

However, if your raiders are failing at "run to the OT", you could just tell them to stand still and ignore the little ooze beating on them. Let two small oozes merge into a big one in the middle of your raid, and then taunt it out of the raid as soon as it becomes active. Let two more small oozes merge, and taunt that big one out as well. The two big oozes chasing you will merge into a single big ooze.

I've done this successfully on 10-man, never tried it on 25-man. The extra bodies might make things too chaotic... not sure. But it does relocate some of the responsibility to "not fail" away from them and onto you.

This works perfectly as long as you take a few precautions. Namely, tell everyone to stop their passive aoes (whirlwind, divine storm, and especially anything tanking related) when the big ooze spawns, otherwise your melee is gone and your raid is raped.

We've done this on our 10-man almost forever and we recently did it on 25-man. You're almost guaranteed the achievement when using this strategy, unless your dps is poor.
User avatar
Belloc
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Silent Earth

Re: [25] Rotface - Why kite the Big Oozes??

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:07 am

Belloc wrote:We've done this on our 10-man almost forever and we recently did it on 25-man. You're almost guaranteed the achievement when using this strategy, unless your dps is poor.


For the achievement we found it easier to 1 tank, 2 heal, 7 dps. We let the injection tick for the full duration. If ranged get oozes they just spread out. If melee gets oozes they let it combine, and we have a hunter pick up any large oozes that spawn. Bloodlust on pull. Boss dies in 2 minutes.
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5130
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest