Heroic Boss Order

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Heroic Boss Order

Postby Belloc » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:25 pm

Brutalus wrote:My guild has just killed Professor Putricide on 25 heroic and should shortly have Sindragosa down. We may decide to do a drake run after having completed all the hardmodes and I am not entirely sure as to whether or not it is indeed necessary to have killed all 3 end wing bosses (PP, BQL, Sindragosa) on heroic on the same week as you want to attempt the Lich King on heroic.

I know that there was a blue post saying that it is necessary a few months ago, but I just was wondering if someone confirm for me that you do need to kill all the end-wing bosses on heroic each week (that you want to try Arthas heroic) or that you don't need to.

Thanks in advance!
There was (and probably still is) a bug that will allow you to attempt the Lich King on heroic without having completed the 3 wing-end-bosses on heroic, but I have read that doing so will cause the LK to despawn and require a soft reset (in other words, you have to wait 30 minutes for every attempt beyond the first).

Furthermore, if you can't reliably kill the those 3, you have absolutely 0 chance at the Lich King.

The intent and design is that you are supposed to kill the 3 bosses before being allowed to attempt the Lich King on heroic. If you want to do so without waiting for respawns, you must meet that requirement.
Belloc

Postby Akairoslol » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:30 pm

For 25m I'd say

Gunship
Rotface
Blood Queen Lana'thel
Festergut
Marrowgar
Valinthira Dreamwalker
Blood Prince Council
Deathbringer Saurfang
Lady Deathwhisper
Professor Putricide
Sindrigosa
Lich king.

I place Blood Queen as easier (despite being an end boss) because no mechanics change at all, just more damage taken, whereas marrowgar and Festergut have new things going on. (TBH until the change to malleable goo on Festergut, we had serious problems killing him due to being unable to see goo location.)
There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that do not.
Akairoslol

Postby superworm » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:11 am

Ok, so we have got past the first 6 bosses in Heroic ICC. DBS's marks are not too hard to heal with a paladin. Festergut & Rotface are also quite easy. We didn't try heroic blood wing due to limited raid time and a weekly quest. We put around an hour on heroic Dreamwalker and it's more difficult than I had imagined. It seems the mobs are refreshing faster than normal (or we're killing them more slowly). People would start dying on RNG events. Maybe next time we should use 2 healers outside and 2 healers inside instead of only one healer outside healing the group and the tank.
superworm

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel