Heroic Boss Order

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Heroic Boss Order

Postby superworm » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:47 am

OK, so I would like to know what the people here think of the difficulty order in heroic mode, especially in 10 man as I'm working on this.
My group have passed the front gate in heroic mode. We switched to normal mode after that due to our limited raiding time. I think the most profitable encounters are those end bosses of each wing right? Anyway, from the information I gathered, it seems Sindragosa is the easiest wing end boss as there is no significant change from normal mode and we've been quite successful in dodging the frost bombs and reseting buffet stacks.
superworm

Re: Heroic Boss Order

Postby Meloree » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:27 am

superworm wrote:OK, so I would like to know what the people here think of the difficulty order in heroic mode, especially in 10 man as I'm working on this.
My group have passed the front gate in heroic mode. We switched to normal mode after that due to our limited raiding time. I think the most profitable encounters are those end bosses of each wing right? Anyway, from the information I gathered, it seems Sindragosa is the easiest wing end boss as there is no significant change from normal mode and we've been quite successful in dodging the frost bombs and reseting buffet stacks.

From my perspective, in 10s, easiest to hardest:
Gunship
Rotface
Blood Princes
Festergut
Marrowgar
BQL
Deathwhisper
Dreamwalker
Sindragosa
Saurfang
Putricide
Lich King

EDIT: Forgot the green dragon. Oops.
Last edited by Meloree on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby chinoquezada » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:38 am

Since Meloree already did 10s HMs, I would classify the bosses like this for 25s HMs.

EASY
LolBoat
Marrowgar
Rotface
Bloodqueen
Dreamwalker
Festergut

MEDIUM
Blood Prince (if you raid sucks at stop moving)
Deathwhisper (2 strats out there, doing the hard one was very hard before 5%)
Saurfang (very high dps check before 5%, probably easy at this point)

HARD
Putricide (p3 used to almost require 4 tanks before 5%, at 10% this could be medium)
Sindragosa (tied to the gear of your tanks basically)
chinoquezada

Postby glorfindell » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:27 pm

This is from the perspective of a 10 man guild that is probably coming in slightly less geared and definitely less skilled than Meloree's group :D . We generally struggle more with positioning/movement than pure dps/hps, and as such I ranked Marrowgar and Princes as being significantly more difficult than Meloree did. Not sure whats causing the LDW discrepancy, it was a 2 shot for us. If you have issues with Marrowgar (as we did), I would definitely advise giving LDW a good shot during your first week.

Easiest to Hardest:
Gunship
Rotface
Lady Deathwhisper
Festergut - the more people you have in range the easier it gets.
Saurfang - two-healing (especially Holy Pally/Resto Shaman) makes this much easier.
Blood Queen Lanathel - same as normal, just more hps/dps needed.
Marrowgar - have everyone activate /range 10, and give them 15 minutes to figure out how (not) far that really is.
Blood Princes - Flame Ball one shots non tanks if they aren't fast, rng and potions of speed can help you in this fight.
Dreamwalker - we are usually close to being overwhelmed by the end, tricks and MD's are very useful.

Havent Completed:
Putricide
Sindragosa
Lich King
glorfindell

Postby ydraw » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:09 pm

The difficulty in 10-mans is very dependent on your raid comp.

E.G. Some of the bosses (marrowgar and festergut for example) are quite difficult without a resto druid but much simpler if you have one. Saurfang's difficulty depends on the ability of your 3rd healer to play his DPS offspec well.

Some again are barely different to their normal mode versions (eg Gunship, Rotface, BQL). Some are only harder on certain people in your raid and exactly the same for everyone else (e.g. Blood Princes is really just a test of your ranged DPS ability to keep up kinetic orbs and kite empowered flame).

Putricide's Difficulty is greatly diminished if you have a couple of battle resses or soulstones available, etc.
ydraw

Postby Belloc » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:50 pm

Gunship
Festergut
Rotface
Princes
Blood Queen
Deathwhisper
Valithria
Marrowgar
Saurfang
Putricide

Sindragosa

Honestly, that list doesn't feel right. Marrowgar and Saurfang took us far more attempts than Putricide (which took us 4, with the 2nd and 3rd being very good attempts). So, if anything, mix around Marrowgar, Saurfang, and Putricide. Marrowgar becomes considerably more repeatable once you figure it out, but it took us longer to get the hang of than any other fight in there, save for Sindragosa. Sindragosa just sucks.
Belloc

Postby superworm » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:20 pm

So it seems the frost wing is still a harder place. Maybe I should try BQL first, and leave professor the last one to do before LK.
superworm

Postby chinoquezada » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:13 pm

ydraw wrote:Putricide's Difficulty is greatly diminished if you have a couple of battle resses or soulstones available, etc.

This is still a very real problem for my 10man group, our vent channel is called "No Brez required" due to the fact we dont have druids in our comp.
chinoquezada

Postby Belloc » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:06 am

superworm wrote:So it seems the frost wing is still a harder place. Maybe I should try BQL first, and leave professor the last one to do before LK.

Professor, brez or not, is really simple. I expected difficulty... but we downed it in less attempts than Marrowgar, ffs! Saurfang! It's really not a bad fight -- Sindragosa is much worse.

edit: Imo.
Belloc

Postby Threatco » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:35 am

My H-10m hasn't spent much time in there yet. Just 2 nights.

We wen't in normal order. First night did 3 bosses with 5% buff. Last night did rest with 10%.

Marrow took us 3 tries. On the third try we wen't from 3 to 4 healers and made it a joke.

1 shot DW. If you can do full house pre raid-buff this should be easy.

1 shot gunship. Woot.

Wiped on saurfang 2x with 5%. Came in and 1 shot him with 10% buff. No special tricks just lots of pew pew.

Oneshot rotface. Same fight, just took ~50 seconds longer.

One shot festergut. As a DPS I did not notice a difference.

One shot princes. I just did orbs as spriest. No big deal.

Wiped 4 times on Dreamwalker. We we're tired but it was still pretty rough. No tricks or MS. 3 healing we got boss to 80% a couple times. I think going 1 tank instead of 2 would be the way to go, we didnt take the time to look it up or try it.

Yeah we get very vew attempts in per night. Our raid leader talks too much.

That's all i know :)
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Mikerk » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:47 pm

Just from personal experiences, and our strength tends to play towards our dps and target switching type fights more than healing. Which is kind of the reason I think we'll kill Putricide before Sindra on 25

10 Man

Gunship
Rotface
Festergut
Deathwhisper
Marrowgar
Princes
Blood Queen
Dreamwalker
Saurfang
Putricide
Sindragosa

25 Man

Gunship
Rotface
Marrowgar
Princes
Blood Queen
Dreamwalker
Festergut
Saurfang
Deathwhisper
Putricide(not killed)
Sindragosa(not killed)
Mikerk

Postby inthedrops » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:55 pm

I like what chinoquezada had to say up there ^^^. Specifically how the 5% to 10% changed things a lot. For my guild we did Sindragosa with the 5% and we were working on Putricde starting the week before 10% came out. We two shot him with the 10% buff. I think it made a huge difference so I certainly agree with him. We did Deathwhisper with the 5% buff and it was HARD.

It's really hard to evaluate given the change over time with the 0, 5, and 10% buffs. I mean, we worked through these bosses throughout. So I'll try to translate from memory and make some assumptions about how hard the fights would have been if we first killed them having a 10% buff.

25 MAN

Easy:
Gunship
Marrowgar
Rotface

Moderate:
Princes
Dreamwalker
Blood Queen

Gave Us Some Trouble: (but the 10% buff would have/or did make it easier)
Festergut
Saurfang
Putricide

Difficult:
Deathwhisper (10% buff would help here for sure)
Sindragosa

LK (not killed obviously)
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby hamato » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:17 am

Belloc wrote:Honestly, that list doesn't feel right. Marrowgar and Saurfang took us far more attempts than Putricide (which took us 4, with the 2nd and 3rd being very good attempts). So, if anything, mix around Marrowgar, Saurfang, and Putricide. Marrowgar becomes considerably more repeatable once you figure it out, but it took us longer to get the hang of than any other fight in there, save for Sindragosa. Sindragosa just sucks.

It's hard to evaluate the difficulty of some of the first kills that were done pre-5/10% buff. I wiped a lot more on Marrowgar than Putricide, yet I would still rank Putricide as harder than Marrowgar.

A lot of the fights depend on your group makeup as well. OP you should post it so we can give you more accurate advice. For example, we had an extremely hard time with Sindragosa, but our dps consist of a Fury Warr, Enh shaman, Rogue, hunter, and mage. Mage has the debuff 100% of the time and can't cast, 3 dw dps have to stop dpsing all the time to let their stacks fall, etc.
hamato

Postby superworm » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:34 pm

There are some changes in my 10 man group recently, and it now consists of 2 tanks(DK/pal), 3healers(pal/druid/priest), 2 melee dps(rogue/DK), 3 ranged(hunter/mage/spriest). Currently we don't have a shaman, but with the 10% buff I guess it won't be much of a problem before trying Heroic LK.
Last edited by superworm on Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
superworm

Postby Brutalus » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:06 am

My guild has just killed Professor Putricide on 25 heroic and should shortly have Sindragosa down. We may decide to do a drake run after having completed all the hardmodes and I am not entirely sure as to whether or not it is indeed necessary to have killed all 3 end wing bosses (PP, BQL, Sindragosa) on heroic on the same week as you want to attempt the Lich King on heroic.

I know that there was a blue post saying that it is necessary a few months ago, but I just was wondering if someone confirm for me that you do need to kill all the end-wing bosses on heroic each week (that you want to try Arthas heroic) or that you don't need to.

Thanks in advance!
Brutalus

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel