[25H] The Lich King

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25H] The Lich King

Postby Felyndiia » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:08 pm

I thought a single hunter isn't able to tranq two adds, that's why I mentioned the rogue with the tranq poison (as a side effect, a rogue can keep the adds slowed, which is quite cool in cases you mentioned: stun dr and 20% frenzy). But when your strat works with one hunter it's fine, too ;)

We had two hunter and I used the stun as an cooldown (e.g. after an enraged hit oder crying holy paladins :D ) to be sure, that I am able to cover a 5s frenzy when the add dropps under 20%.

As a tip: If you see, that a disease stack is on the horror, which will bring him under 20% be sure that the disease will jump on a ghul. After doing so you can fixate the position with a holy wrath and it will be very very often the case, that the disease will jump back again on the horror.

We also use coe on the horrors.
Felyndiia

Postby Joanadark » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:14 pm

We also use coe on the horrors

This is really important and something I forgot to mention in the strat outline.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Treck » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:14 pm

Felyndiia wrote:I thought a single hunter isn't able to tranq two adds, that's why I mentioned the rogue with the tranq poison (as a side effect, a rogue can keep the adds slowed, which is quite cool in cases you mentioned: stun dr and 20% frenzy). But when your strat works with one hunter it's fine, too ;)

A single hunter cant do it alone, so for the time when theres 2 up, and they both enrage, we chain CDs for each time (and ofc tranq one). Its risky, but hopefully we can have 2x hunters this week.

Felyndiia wrote:We had two hunter and I used the stun as an cooldown (e.g. after an enraged hit oder crying holy paladins :D ) to be sure, that I am able to cover a 5s frenzy when the add dropps under 20%.

Are your hunters able to get tranq shot hitting before they do their first auto hit on you? or your stunning/kiting/whatever for that half a sec or whatever more needed for it to land?
Or is it just a simple matter of the hunters positioning closer to the horrors for less traveltime?
Treck

Postby superworm » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:23 pm

After watching the Paragon world first kill video, the thing on top of my head is that, how that warlock escaped the drop death in P2? The only idea I could think of is that the warlock could teleport himself back at the time of the valkyrie dropping him. If so, then I guess warriors/mages could do similar things with their charge/intercept/blink? And it could potentially ease p2 quite a lot if you stack these classes ( at least in 10 man).
superworm

Postby Synesis » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:33 pm

It's http://www.wowhead.com/spell=48020.

This is nothing new, your locks -really- should already know this and already using it for that specific fight. Only locks really can do this, other classes don't work too well (they gotta be spot on or fall to their doom)
Synesis

Postby chinoquezada » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:39 pm

superworm wrote:After watching the Paragon world first kill video, the thing on top of my head is that, how that warlock escaped the drop death in P2? The only idea I could think of is that the warlock could teleport himself back at the time of the valkyrie dropping him. If so, then I guess warriors/mages could do similar things with their charge/intercept/blink? And it could potentially ease p2 quite a lot if you stack these classes ( at least in 10 man).

This has been done since the early days of LK25 Reg and its a warlock thing only
chinoquezada

Postby Felyndiia » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:27 am

Treck wrote:Are your hunters able to get tranq shot hitting before they do their first auto hit on you? or your stunning/kiting/whatever for that half a sec or whatever more needed for it to land?
Or is it just a simple matter of the hunters positioning closer to the horrors for less traveltime?

With one add I used the stun only, after I dropped very low.
With two adds I chained cds like you and saved my stuns/avenger's shield for the frenzy.

In the last 100(?) trys we never wiped because of p1 enrage tankdeaths.

Edit: I didn't tank in armor gear, I used the avoidance/HP 277 stuff.
Felyndiia

Postby fafhrd » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:02 am

Treck wrote:
Felyndiia wrote:I thought a single hunter isn't able to tranq two adds, that's why I mentioned the rogue with the tranq poison (as a side effect, a rogue can keep the adds slowed, which is quite cool in cases you mentioned: stun dr and 20% frenzy). But when your strat works with one hunter it's fine, too ;)

A single hunter cant do it alone, so for the time when theres 2 up, and they both enrage, we chain CDs for each time (and ofc tranq one). Its risky, but hopefully we can have 2x hunters this week.

Technically I think a single hunter can, but not nearly as quickly as one. For one you can just spam your tranq when the add is about to enrage and it'll go off as soon the enrage hits. For 2, you then need to readiness after the tranq GCD, wait the readiness GCD, then tranq the 2nd, so that's a minimum of 3s on the second dispel, plus travel time. And readiness is a 3 minute cooldown, so you only get to do that if you don't have double shamblers more often than 3 minutes (which I think is not a problem?).
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Treck » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:45 am

Felyndiia wrote:Edit: I didn't tank in armor gear, I used the avoidance/HP 277 stuff.

Idd, Armor wont save you in P1 anyway, But id also guess your OTing from P3-5, and soaking spirits in P5? Thus armor is pretty useless there. Dunno how you did it, but were considering resistance flask/bracer ench for the soaker, but then again you need CDs anyway to survive it, so that might just be enough.
I however take over LK when P3 starts and have a warrior OTing for the rest of the fight, so i see a greater benefit in having some armorgear, but no point going all out for it ofc.

fafhrd wrote:Technically I think a single hunter can, but not nearly as quickly as one. For one you can just spam your tranq when the add is about to enrage and it'll go off as soon the enrage hits. For 2, you then need to readiness after the tranq GCD, wait the readiness GCD, then tranq the 2nd, so that's a minimum of 3s on the second dispel, plus travel time. And readiness is a 3 minute cooldown, so you only get to do that if you don't have double shamblers more often than 3 minutes (which I think is not a problem?).

Not sure if others get it another way, but pretty much every single try we have both going enrage at the same time more than once, And it still require you to stunn the 2nd one to avoid it, so you might aswell just stunn it for the whole duration.
Treck

Postby Felyndiia » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:34 pm

Idd, Armor wont save you in P1 anyway, But id also guess your OTing from P3-5, and soaking spirits in P5? Thus armor is pretty useless there.

Exactly, that's why I've chosen this gear.
The vile spirit dmg isn't a big deal unless you've got the Sindragosa Trinket, because you only have to deal with two waves every 100s (Trinket/Shieldwall ; Trinket/Divine Sac/Glyphed Salv ; repeat^^). We kicked the first few spirits with a moonkin, so 6 seconds CD's are enough to take the stacked crowd. If the dmg is still too high, you can just wait for heal or even stun them with holy wrath.
Felyndiia

Postby Boyfriend » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:33 am

As we've had serious issues with frenzy deaths on our paladin tank (wasn't me at the time!) due to adds being stuck in enrage we adjusted tactics to near 100% consistency on shamblers:

Maintank (LK) tanks all ghouls aswell, and generates asmuch threat on them as possible; so there are 100% guaranteed add pickups from the shambler tank.

On the initial 3 ghoul + 1 shambler spawn, the shambler tank only picks up the shambler; not the 3 ghouls, they go on the LK tank.

-First plague is delivered on shambler.
-As soon as the first shambler has the plague, the add tank taunts a ghoul.
-Plague jumps from shambler to ghoul and back, as soon as it's on the shambler again, the add tank taunts a second ghoul.
-Plague jumps from shambler to ghoul and back, at this point the second shambler spawns.
-Add tank picks up the second shambler.
-Plague jumps between shambler #1 and shambler #2 until one dies.
-Once shambler dies, add tank picks up ghoul 3.
-Plague jumps to ghoul 3, then back to shambler #2.
-As Shambler #2 will die from this plague, add tank starts taunting all remaining ghouls off maintank. Shambler #2 dies -> transition.

This entirely removes all RNG from plague and add tanking, as long as the add tank never has more than 2 mobs on him (until 2nd shambler dies) it is also easily adjustable to mistakes, and it also still works if the first plague is lost (proceed exactly as before just taunt 1 ghoul less before 2nd shambler spawns)
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:16 am

Joanadark wrote:
We also use coe on the horrors

This is really important and something I forgot to mention in the strat outline.

There seems to be different opinions about thisone, some say it works some say it doesnt.
Anyone got any logs prooving/disprooving this?
Treck

Postby Joanadark » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:03 am

We tested it way back the first day of doing LK on normal mode. CoE works. The DK disease that increases disease damage doesn't.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby chinoquezada » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:25 am

Felyndiia wrote:Edit: I didn't tank in armor gear, I used the avoidance/HP 277 stuff.

Would you say that matching socket bonus of +6 and +9 stam with def/stam and agi/stam gems would be worth it for someone doing your same job in LK?

Moreso, considering that all the other fights are so lol at 10% that you can do them with threat gear on (save sindragosa and maybe festergut)
chinoquezada

Postby Treck » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:35 am

chinoquezada wrote:Would you say that matching socket bonus of +6 and +9 stam with def/stam and agi/stam gems would be worth it for someone doing your same job in LK?

I wouldnt recomend it for the later phases, nomatter if your tanking or soaking.
For p1, meh your playing the RNG game in any case.
Treck

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel