Remove Advertisements

[25H] The Lich King

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25H] The Lich King

Postby Joanadark » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:58 pm

It can cause gib problems, yes, but it shouldn't. The adds still have a spawning animation (the growth) during which they are inactive. Adds spawning in melee should be even less of an issue, as they are immediately in range of tanks. Either way, heroic guilds (the ones that could actually use the advantage) aren't going to have spirit gibs.


I agree with Belloc on this one.
Even if it's kind of embarrassing how it makes the US top guilds look even worse by comparison to the EU ones.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark
 
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 7:09 pm

Re: [25H] The Lich King

Postby Belloc » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:00 pm

Yeah... I've had enemy nameplates on for the entirety of ICC, at least. Easymode add pickups.
User avatar
Belloc
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Silent Earth

Re: [25H] The Lich King

Postby chinoquezada » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:52 pm

Damage is so **** legit on this fight. I feel undergeared in my 264s/277s.!
User avatar
chinoquezada
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:47 am

Re: [25H] The Lich King

Postby Felyndiia » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:24 am

chinoquezada wrote:Damage is so **** legit on this fight. I feel undergeared in my 264s/277s.!


You are not a feral drood :(
Btw soulstones at the tanks is quite important, because there will be always the instagib case unless you do the tankswitch when he casts soul reaper (but then you have to find an other solution for the valkyrs).
Image
User avatar
Felyndiia
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:41 am

Re: [25H] The Lich King

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:11 am

Watching both the Paragon and FTH kill videos, it seems like keeping an AP reduction on the horrors wasn't a big concern. Is it a case of the healing being very manageable right up until they enrage, and then AP reduction or not you're going to die if the hunters/your stuns screw up?
Rhiannon
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:17 am

Re: [25H] The Lich King

Postby chinoquezada » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:26 am

Rhiannon wrote:Watching both the Paragon and FTH kill videos, it seems like keeping an AP reduction on the horrors wasn't a big concern. Is it a case of the healing being very manageable right up until they enrage, and then AP reduction or not you're going to die if the hunters/your stuns screw up?


It's not being handled by paladins but I highly doubt its not up.
We handle it with a fury warrior getting close and demo shouting as they spawn.
User avatar
chinoquezada
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:47 am

Re: [25H] The Lich King

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:23 am

Checking the FTH parse, indeed demo roar is up. Didn't look like they were within 10 yards of the LK tank that often, guess I misjudged.
Rhiannon
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:17 am

Re: [25H] The Lich King

Postby chinoquezada » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:54 pm

Rhiannon wrote:Checking the FTH parse, indeed demo roar is up. Didn't look like they were within 10 yards of the LK tank that often, guess I misjudged.


Wait, demo ROAR (as in Bear) is up on both? I can see that happening with the first shambling horror, but, unless you have very lucky spawn points with the 2nd one, it would be hard to pull off on every attempt.

/cast Summon Felyndiia
/ask How do you handle this?
/thank
User avatar
chinoquezada
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:47 am

Re: [25H] The Lich King

Postby Felyndiia » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:40 pm

I usually tanked the first add as near as possible to Arthas, but the second spawn and/or unlucky shadow traps will screw the whole positioning up.
That means after that it was pure coincidence that demo roar was up :D
Image
User avatar
Felyndiia
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:41 am

Re: [25H] The Lich King

Postby fafhrd » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:55 pm

A pet can AoE demo screech for you at near trivial DPS cost to a hunter (of any spec) if you need - it's the same AP reduction as talented demo shout now IIRC. Uptime will normally not exceed 90% though from one pet, so you can still get unlucky if depending on it.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
User avatar
fafhrd
 
Posts: 5432
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:31 pm

Re: [25H] The Lich King

Postby Treck » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:15 pm

Felyndiia wrote:I usually tanked the first add as near as possible to Arthas, but the second spawn and/or unlucky shadow traps will screw the whole positioning up.
That means after that it was pure coincidence that demo roar was up :D

We do this aswell. I mean we put demo up, and its a plus if it gets on the adds aswell. But when your moving, you got more important stuff to focus on.
A demo roar wont save you from a 160k hit in the face anyway.
I dont know, we seem to have the same kind of tactic with adds as both FTH/paragon, and nomatter your gear, if your unlucky you can get oneshotted, and that will never change even with the 30% buff.
Pagaon had their AD proccing on the very last hit on the last shambling on their kill, and speaking from experience, having a paladin on that task does reduce the risk of wasting tries on some bad luck.
However i think having 2 hunters to dispelling would be a great improovement compared to progressing this with only one (who is currently out of gametime...)
Image
User avatar
Treck
 
Posts: 2127
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:10 am

Re: [25H] The Lich King

Postby chinoquezada » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:13 am

Treck wrote:
Felyndiia wrote:I usually tanked the first add as near as possible to Arthas, but the second spawn and/or unlucky shadow traps will screw the whole positioning up.
That means after that it was pure coincidence that demo roar was up :D

We do this aswell. I mean we put demo up, and its a plus if it gets on the adds aswell. But when your moving, you got more important stuff to focus on.
A demo roar wont save you from a 160k hit in the face anyway.
I dont know, we seem to have the same kind of tactic with adds as both FTH/paragon, and nomatter your gear, if your unlucky you can get oneshotted, and that will never change even with the 30% buff.
Pagaon had their AD proccing on the very last hit on the last shambling on their kill, and speaking from experience, having a paladin on that task does reduce the risk of wasting tries on some bad luck.
However i think having 2 hunters to dispelling would be a great improovement compared to progressing this with only one (who is currently out of gametime...)


In our case, I mark STAR and CIRCLE (although we use a much more colorful name for it lol) on the shamblers and instruct our 2 hunters to focus one mark and have that as their tranq shot target.
It is, still, much easier to also have paladin (myself in our case) tanking them as we can Holy Wrath when 2 are up and HoJ when 1 is up. The tranq shot arrow has a flight time.
Whenever the shamblers one shot me, the hunters and I joke around that tranq shot arrow was on its way and that my Hammer was 0.5ms from reaching target :D
User avatar
chinoquezada
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:47 am

Re: [25H] The Lich King

Postby Treck » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:28 am

We used our warrior on add duty first so we could have them both stunned the same way with shockwave/conc blow.
Having only one hunter really do suck since we have to just chain CDs when theres 2 up and casting enrage.
We dont really mark, its just to focus one and target the other, if they both cast enrage you can holy wrath and move back a few steps so tranq has time to fly aswell.
I also save my Avenger shield for those times, since at some point DR on stunn is kicking in and they cant be stunned. Throwing the shield so they are slowed is a lifesaver, i guess you could have 2x dedicated Dks on it aswell, focusing them the same way as hunters, and when they cast enrage, you have the DKs focuscasting chains of ice, so you can move a bit before they reach you.
Remember seeing a vid from Exodus, where they had the DKs kiting horrors on the edges, but no clue how they got it down when they needed to (or if they are using that strat anymore at all).
Image
User avatar
Treck
 
Posts: 2127
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:10 am

Re: [25H] The Lich King

Postby Felyndiia » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:57 pm

The "best" way to tranq is a rogue even with two adds up. The Problem is, that you loose a dps on the boss, but I've never got an enraged hit while we used this strat in 10 man mode.
If you only got one hunter, it's seems very risky with the enrage even with cds or stuns. It's maybe clever to take only the first 3 ghul waves + 2 horrors and let the rogue tranq after the second spawn. That would let the two horrors die often as fast as possible but after that you'll have to take the ghuls down with cleave effects.
Image
User avatar
Felyndiia
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:41 am

Re: [25H] The Lich King

Postby Treck » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:11 pm

We dont even have a hunter for our 10man kills, so we pretty much just soak it there.
How do you prevent enraged hits with only one hunter then?
All i do is a ministunn after the cast so that tranq has time to land, and a bigger stunn on the 2nd one so that its stunned for the whole duration, alternately tossing the shield dazing them so they dont catch me, we have lost the plague stacks to this once or twice tho so i dont really like doing so, but if it keeps you alive its good.
Enrage isnt gibbing us really, havnt been an issue for a while (AD proccs for those few tries aswell so), If anything in P1 its the last tick getting a horror below 20% then refusing to jump back in time that is wasting a few tries now and then.
Image
User avatar
Treck
 
Posts: 2127
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:10 am

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
?php } else { ?