[25H] Professor Putricide

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25H] Professor Putricide

Postby chinoquezada » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:18 am

Boyfriend wrote:Took us the longest time to figure out this simple mistake:

Pets should all be attacking the green ooze, they soak the explosion damage.

We couldn't figure out why people kept dying to green ooze even when we had more than half the raid on it, doh.

Joanadark wrote:Army of the Dead also effectively removes the need to soak the green ooze. A single army will split the damage enough that it won't kill anyone, and the army doesn't take enough damage from the explosions to die.
Just have a DK pop army for each of the transition phases, and make sure they all attack the green ooze, and people will be free to go where they want.

These two tips are so amazing that I'm just gonna quote em. We are about to kill this because of these 2.
chinoquezada

Postby Xequecal » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:07 pm

How do you guys deal with people getting Malleable Goo targeted on them while rooted by the green slime? The attrition from this is really nasty.
Xequecal

Postby chinoquezada » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:06 pm

Xequecal wrote:How do you guys deal with people getting Malleable Goo targeted on them while rooted by the green slime? The attrition from this is really nasty.

DS/DG plus a Hand of Sacrifice on the rooted character.
chinoquezada

Postby Joanadark » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:01 am

Xequecal wrote:How do you guys deal with people getting Malleable Goo targeted on them while rooted by the green slime? The attrition from this is really nasty.

Guardian Spirit
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby patches » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:03 am

Trase wrote:The Mutated Abomination's driver should be sure to swap to a strong two-handed melee weapon before transforming to pull the most damage possible from melee and Mutated Slash attacks.

Is this accurate? When I was doing this in 10 man I tried this out, swapping to my 277 Bryntoll and I noticed that I did about the same amount of damage as I did with my 264 Last Word. I know the last time I drove the abom I was using a 1h, so this week I'll strap on the 2h and compare logs.

In 25 we have a druid tank driving the abom, so it's a moot point.
patches

Postby fafhrd » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:25 am

Our pally (Xenix) says she tried it and saw no discernable difference in her abom attack damage based on her melee weapon. She's generally pretty rigorous about mechanics testing (see http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... c&start=75 etc) so I imagine she checked it well.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby cds4850 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:09 am

We took our first look at this encounter last night and dealt with P1 and unbound plague pretty well. For a perspective on our rDPS, we are transitioning right before the second unstable experiment (first gas cloud.)

Our challenge was definitely the transition: it seems as though our melee loses so much DPS time if they have ooze atunement, as they are knocked around repeatedly. It seemed as though both adds were slowed as the phase started, but we were just unable to keep enough DPS on the green from the constant knockbacks. (On writing this, I'm wondering if there were raid members positioned just outside of the knockback who may have been targeted immediately following.) We considered having the raid stack at putricide's table until both adds selected their target to prevent the scenario of green targeting a melee and, in the process, taking ALL melee off green. But this seemed to be an overall loss of DPS.
cds4850

Postby inthedrops » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:34 pm

cds4850 wrote:We took our first look at this encounter last night and dealt with P1 and unbound plague pretty well. For a perspective on our rDPS, we are transitioning right before the second unstable experiment (first gas cloud.)

Our challenge was definitely the transition: it seems as though our melee loses so much DPS time if they have ooze atunement, as they are knocked around repeatedly. It seemed as though both adds were slowed as the phase started, but we were just unable to keep enough DPS on the green from the constant knockbacks. (On writing this, I'm wondering if there were raid members positioned just outside of the knockback who may have been targeted immediately following.) We considered having the raid stack at putricide's table until both adds selected their target to prevent the scenario of green targeting a melee and, in the process, taking ALL melee off green. But this seemed to be an overall loss of DPS.

We have ALL melee stack on green, even for the transitions when we're attuned to green. The only time melee doesn't stack on green is if it's a phase transition and they are attuned brown. They literally stand RIGHT FREAKING INSIDE the green oozes hit box. Not in front of it, not behind it, but in it. It spins around changing agro a lot so it's not foolproof, but more often than not the ooze will NOT target a melee but instead a ranged. This gives a huge jumpstart on getting it dead before the first explosion.

Best of luck!
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Boyfriend » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:19 am

fafhrd wrote:Our pally (Xenix) says she tried it and saw no discernable difference in her abom attack damage based on her melee weapon. She's generally pretty rigorous about mechanics testing (see http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... c&start=75 etc) so I imagine she checked it well.

I checked this on our very first putricide 10 man attempt, and weapon does not affect abomination damage at all. I see no reason why 25hc should be different.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby Trase » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:20 am

Boyfriend wrote:
fafhrd wrote:Our pally (Xenix) says she tried it and saw no discernable difference in her abom attack damage based on her melee weapon. She's generally pretty rigorous about mechanics testing (see http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... c&start=75 etc) so I imagine she checked it well.

I checked this on our very first putricide 10 man attempt, and weapon does not affect abomination damage at all. I see no reason why 25hc should be different.

Changed the OP after checking it myself this week as well. Guess I should have double checked to begin with instead of taking others' word on it.
Trase <Phoenix> - Greymane US
Trase

Postby Lightknight » Fri May 07, 2010 5:26 am

Killed him yesterday on our first evening of PP Hero Progress.

For transitions we had

4 deathknights (2 x army of death, pets),
3 hunters (pets, snake traps),
2 warlocks (pets),
2 shadows priests (pets)

it was much fun! Thank you for your great tips!
Lightknight

Postby Belloc » Fri May 07, 2010 9:19 am

Wow... 4 DKs. We rarely have more than one for anything we do. I'm jealous!
Belloc

Postby baleogthefierce » Mon May 10, 2010 7:52 am

Lightknight wrote:3 hunters (pets, snake traps)

Can anyone else confirm that snakes absorb the explosion damage as well? We tried this but found that they didn't seem to make a difference. It easily could have been poor/late trap positioning though.
baleogthefierce

Postby Darielle » Tue May 11, 2010 3:00 am

baleogthefierce wrote:
Lightknight wrote:3 hunters (pets, snake traps)

Can anyone else confirm that snakes absorb the explosion damage as well? We tried this but found that they didn't seem to make a difference. It easily could have been poor/late trap positioning though.

They do.
Darielle

Postby Bastosa » Fri May 14, 2010 12:22 pm

Any tips for making sure the Army of the Dead ends up on the green ooze?

We tried several different timings and positionings, and it is seemed that 90% of the time the army would just run over to Putricide at his table... very frustrating.
Bastosa

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel