All You Can Eat Achievement

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: All You Can Eat Achievement

Postby Marblehead » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:29 pm

Kihra wrote:
Treck wrote:I wouldnt say im 100% sure of the mechanics, but we had 4-5 times the OT getting the first icetomb when he didnt taunt. And never ever any problem with it after the dualtaunts.
Maybe a dps overaggroed him when he was resetting his stacks? making him nr3-4 on threat?
Im speaking of 10man, 25man maybe, but its also easy to bring in another tank if that would be so, since the size of the raid makes it easier to add another tank, than for 10man.

My theory (completely untested) is that she might not tomb someone with Frost Breath stacks.

I support that theory too. It's more like a hunch actually (not much data yet to back it up).
Life is not difficult, people are.
Marblehead

Postby Morganim » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:18 am

Had this achivement in the bag after a few nights of painfull wipes

OR DID WE

turns out if a hunters pet gets 5 stacks its GG achivement, even tho blue post said otherwise.......
Morganim

Postby Kihra » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:19 pm

I wrote an add-on that will report when the achievement is failed. It's helpful for knowing when to just wipe it:

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... sbord.aspx

We finally got this achievement yesterday. It's really quite challenging. I ended up carrying Swiftness Potions and using them to give me one "out" if I needed to get behind a tomb fast.
Kihra

Postby Worldie » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:29 pm

Morganim wrote:Had this achivement in the bag after a few nights of painfull wipes

OR DID WE

turns out if a hunters pet gets 5 stacks its GG achivement, even tho blue post said otherwise.......

Any pet...
We had to tell our hunter and lock to dismiss their pet at 40%, mages got told to not use mirror images, shaman got told to not use wolves, priests used shadowfiend at 40%, and luckily we had noone with the valkyr summoning staff.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Morganim » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:09 am

Worldie wrote:
Morganim wrote:Had this achivement in the bag after a few nights of painfull wipes

OR DID WE

Any pet...
We had to tell our hunter and lock to dismiss their pet at 40%, mages got told to not use mirror images, shaman got told to not use wolves, priests used shadowfiend at 40%, and luckily we had noone with the valkyr summoning staff.

Its seriously FKD

its not hard, just ridiclously time consuming, and to have it and then have it taken away is just infuriating and makes doing it again twice as bad
Morganim

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:15 am

Actually someone in our raid had an addon that told you if someone (pet included) got 5 stacks, it was useful cause a couple of times we had to wipe at < 5%.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:35 am

The addon that Kihra made and posted in this thread? ;p
Rhiannon

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:21 pm

No idea tbh, it wasn't me using it.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fafhrd » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:04 pm

I just set up an Execution rule to report in /say and RW whenever anyone has too many stacks.

That being said, I've seen several people say on R&D that they got the achievement fine with multiple hunter, dk and warlock pets in the raid (even when the mod reported early on that a pet had failed the achievement).
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby cds4850 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:31 pm

fafhrd wrote:I just set up an Execution rule...

I'm not familiar, is "Execution" an addon similar to TJH?
cds4850

Postby Kihra » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:35 pm

The information on pets has been ambiguous. Some people claim pets caused them to fail. Others say it doesn't matter. I opted to include them in the add-on I wrote, and we dismissed pets at 40% or so just to be safe. It's not like the pets make or break your DPS anyway, so we figured why take the risk?
Kihra

Postby Wrathy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:55 pm

Kihra wrote:The information on pets has been ambiguous. Some people claim pets caused them to fail. Others say it doesn't matter. I opted to include them in the add-on I wrote, and we dismissed pets at 40% or so just to be safe. It's not like the pets make or break your DPS anyway, so we figured why take the risk?

we had to dismiss our pets as well, just to be save, because our mod did the same thing. The only pet we have out is the phase shifted imp.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:22 pm

cds4850 wrote:
fafhrd wrote:I just set up an Execution rule...

I'm not familiar, is "Execution" an addon similar to TJH?

Yes it is. The advantage is that afaik TJH doesn't handle stacking debuffs unless you edit it to, while Execution does.

Kihra wrote:The information on pets has been ambiguous. Some people claim pets caused them to fail. Others say it doesn't matter. I opted to include them in the add-on I wrote, and we dismissed pets at 40% or so just to be safe. It's not like the pets make or break your DPS anyway, so we figured why take the risk?

eh, hunters can't actually use their biggest DPS cooldown (call of the wild) without a pet active, and they are a pretty large chunk of DK dps, but yeah, the achievement is hardly a DPS check, and given how annoying it is, it's better safe than sorry.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Worldie » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:51 pm

Another guild on our realm still haven't got the achievement though they say noone got over 4 stacks. They do have a hunter in the raid which uses his pet.
Since they keep saying that the achievement *is bugged*, my suspect tend to blame the hunter's pet.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Bastosa » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:54 pm

We got the achievement with two hunters and a warlock in the raid. We were not aware of the pet issue at the time, so I am certain at least one of the pets had to get over 4 stacks at some point.

Would have been seriously irritating if this had cost us the achievement, but at least from my experience it appears it cannot.
Bastosa

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel