Remove Advertisements

All You Can Eat Achievement

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: All You Can Eat Achievement

Postby fafhrd » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:46 am

Bastosa wrote:We got the achievement with two hunters and a warlock in the raid. We were not aware of the pet issue at the time, so I am certain at least one of the pets had to get over 4 stacks at some point.

Would have been seriously irritating if this had cost us the achievement, but at least from my experience it appears it cannot.

Do you by any chance have a log of your achievement earning kill? Would be interesting to try to figure out the difference between bugged and non-bugged kills.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Kihra » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:19 am

fafhrd wrote:
Bastosa wrote:We got the achievement with two hunters and a warlock in the raid. We were not aware of the pet issue at the time, so I am certain at least one of the pets had to get over 4 stacks at some point.

Would have been seriously irritating if this had cost us the achievement, but at least from my experience it appears it cannot.

Do you by any chance have a log of your achievement earning kill? Would be interesting to try to figure out the difference between bugged and non-bugged kills.

Yeah I'd love to know for sure, so I could modify my add-on to remove pets if needed.
Kihra

Postby Bastosa » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:05 pm

fafhrd wrote:Do you by any chance have a log of your achievement earning kill? Would be interesting to try to figure out the difference between bugged and non-bugged kills.

Sadly no, was not keeping logs that night. Had I known there was this bug I would have.
Last edited by Bastosa on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bastosa

Postby Trase » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:55 am

Bastosa wrote:
fafhrd wrote:Do you by any chance have a log of your achievement earning kill? Would be interesting to try to figure out the difference between bugged and non-bugged kills.

Sadly no, was not keeping logs that night. Had I known there was thing bug I would have.

The 10-man group we did earlier in the week earned this achievement while a pet racked up a 24 stack of Mystic Buffet. You should be able to find our log on World of Logs -> US Realms -> Greymane -> Phoenix. I think it was on Thursday evening under ICC10 Normal.
Trase <Phoenix> - Greymane US
Trase

Postby Kihra » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:28 am

I have updated my add-on for tracking this achievement to account for the increased stack count. It will also exclude pets now, since we established they don't matter.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... sbord.aspx
Kihra

Postby Treck » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:56 am

They made this a bit faceroll now. Since she it is no longer possible to get her taunt immune.
And im guessing its 5stacks now instead of 4.
One of those changes would make it a lot easier, changing both, just lol.
Treck

Postby Belloc » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:09 pm

I need to know if anyone received this achievement this week while allowing Mystic Buffet to reach a 5 stack. I'm seeing some questioning on whether or not the achievement is bugged and still only allowing 4. We'll be getting this tonight and I'd hate to lose it because we are depending on 5 stacks.
Belloc

Postby Avengeance » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:50 pm

I did it last night while tanking, and I got to 5 stacks before resetting and we still got the achievement, so 5 is fine.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Mikerk » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:30 pm

Belloc wrote:I need to know if anyone received this achievement this week while allowing Mystic Buffet to reach a 5 stack. I'm seeing some questioning on whether or not the achievement is bugged and still only allowing 4. We'll be getting this tonight and I'd hate to lose it because we are depending on 5 stacks.

We hit 5 stacks friday night in 10 man and still got the achievement.

I tried the addon posted above for it as well, not knowing if it was working/installed right (it shows up on the list of addons), but I never got to test it out until tonight in 25 man and it never went off, do I need Raid assist for it to alert, or did i just install it wrong.
Mikerk

Postby Belloc » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:19 pm

Yeah, we ended up getting it. The 5 stack broken stuff was nonsense. Achievement is fine :)
Belloc

Postby Kihra » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:44 am

Mikerk wrote:
Belloc wrote:I need to know if anyone received this achievement this week while allowing Mystic Buffet to reach a 5 stack. I'm seeing some questioning on whether or not the achievement is bugged and still only allowing 4. We'll be getting this tonight and I'd hate to lose it because we are depending on 5 stacks.

I tried the addon posted above for it as well, not knowing if it was working/installed right (it shows up on the list of addons), but I never got to test it out until tonight in 25 man and it never went off, do I need Raid assist for it to alert, or did i just install it wrong.

Were you doing Sindragosa in heroic mode? The add-on I wrote actually doesn't work with heroic modes, since I assumed nobody would try to do the achievement in heroic mode. I can patch that though if that is the problem.

I assume someone got more than 5 stacks in your 25 man...?
Kihra

Postby Boyfriend » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:41 am

You should patch it, at least on 10 man it is very doable to get this achievement on heroic now. We almost got it; had two 2% wipes due to failing achievement.

Basically doing the achievement on heroic now is just doing it on heroic... without anyone failing (most heroic tactics don't plan for anyone to get over 5 stacks).
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby Avengeance » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:51 am

When i did it on my lock on heroic I actually got passed 5 stacks and kept nuking (demo specced) to squeeze more dmg, I only took once every 2nd iceblock to reset. If people reset every block on heroic you might actually hit enrage (until 10% buff hits)
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Kihra » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:32 pm

Boyfriend wrote:You should patch it, at least on 10 man it is very doable to get this achievement on heroic now. We almost got it; had two 2% wipes due to failing achievement.

Basically doing the achievement on heroic now is just doing it on heroic... without anyone failing (most heroic tactics don't plan for anyone to get over 5 stacks).

It's patched... whenever Curse decides to actually push it. In the meantime, link to curseforge:

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/smorga ... iles/8-r5/
Kihra

Postby Mikerk » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:21 am

Kihra wrote:
Mikerk wrote:

Were you doing Sindragosa in heroic mode? The add-on I wrote actually doesn't work with heroic modes, since I assumed nobody would try to do the achievement in heroic mode. I can patch that though if that is the problem.

I assume someone got more than 5 stacks in your 25 man...?

We did do some heroic pulls, which it never went off on, but I understand it wasn't written for that. After a handful of heroic pulls we did it on normal and it still never went off even after I reached 7 stacks with a messy tank swap(which is why i was wondering if i needed RA for it to work) I'm sure it's user error, I'm just not sure exactly what yet
Mikerk

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel