Remove Advertisements

[25H] Valithria Dreamwalker

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25H] Valithria Dreamwalker

Postby fafhrd » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:39 am

Boyfriend wrote:
fafhrd wrote:
Xequecal wrote:A very effective way to make healing the boss on this easier is to have a hunter summon a pet with Blood of the Rhino and just put it on stay on top of the boss. Paladins can beacon it and Shaman can splash AA off it. It adds another ridiculous multiplier to Paladin/Shaman splash heals.

We tried this this week, the pally doing it said it didn't work as far as he could tell.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r44z ... 468&e=7769 is the attempt, Vanifae is the pet, and I think Ambiguous was the pally trying it. I don't really know what to look for in the logs to confirm/deny that claim, although he definitely did have Holy Light glyphed, which is as I understand it the only part that gets the double benefit.

Code: Select all
[22:04:49.576] Ambiguous Holy Light  Vanifae +200 (O: 35724)
[22:04:50.387] Ambiguous Glyph of Holy Light Valithria Dreamwalker +9404
[22:04:50.387] Ambiguous Beacon of Light Valithria Dreamwalker +35924

It definately worked, but I think the hunter did not have the talent that increased healing recieved by his pet. (I have no idea how the hunter side of this trick works though, but the holy light heal on the pet is supposed to be higher than the beacon heal)

[22:04:52.481] Ambiguous begins to cast Holy Light
[22:04:52.838] Ambiguous Holy Light  Vanifae +*300* (O: 50831)
[22:04:53.589] Ambiguous Glyph of Holy Light Valithria Dreamwalker +13385
[22:04:54.112] Ambiguous begins to cast Holy Light
[22:04:54.506] Ambiguous Holy Light  Vanifae +900 (O: 31877)
[22:04:55.196] Ambiguous Glyph of Holy Light Valithria Dreamwalker +6255

And after that point Ambiguous let Beacon drop from Valithria, and kept healing the pet; without beacon it's obviously very inefficient, he has to keep beacon up.

The code to show this information in the log browser was:

[{"spellNames": ["Glyph of Holy Light"]}, {"spellNames": ["Holy Light"], "sourceNames": ["Ambiguous"]}, {"spellNames": ["Beacon of Light"], "actorNames": ["Ambiguous"]}]

Thanks, I'll point our pally to this and see what he makes of it. The pet in question definitely had the +healing received talent though (Blood of the Rhino), you can see its spec at http://www.wowarmory.com/character-tale ... rd&group=1 and it hasn't been respecced in months. So if we're down to "the pet didn't receive any bonus healing" as the only thing wrong I can see why the pally thought the whole thing isn't working, since, well, it isn't.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby pfunkmort » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:57 am

I really don't know ANYTHING about the tenacity talent, and honestly, not all that much about beacon - but if you go to the pet talent link for wowhead which is linked in various posts in this thread, the last comment about it discusses this issue. it says that beacon doesn't include those % bonus heal coefficients. Not saying that any of this information is wrong, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

I would think that would also mean that the HL glyph probably doesn't work that way either.
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

Postby Arkhen » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:58 pm

Another way to get faster clouds buffs is to send a holy paladin in with crusader aura (yes, it does increase your flight speed) pop AM and catch 10+ clouds per portal phase
Arkhen

Postby superworm » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:20 am

I heard from other forums that Dreamwalker loses 5% health per portal. Is it true? And if it's true then is it 5% health per opening of the portals or 5% per person taking the portal? I guess it's per opening as it would be insane per person.
superworm

Postby Belloc » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:31 am

superworm wrote:I heard from other forums that Dreamwalker loses 5% health per portal. Is it true? And if it's true then is it 5% health per opening of the portals or 5% per person taking the portal? I guess it's per opening as it would be insane per person.

She just loses health as the fight progresses. Your healing will eventually outpace her health loss.
Belloc

Postby Xequecal » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:00 pm

pfunkmort wrote:I really don't know ANYTHING about the tenacity talent, and honestly, not all that much about beacon - but if you go to the pet talent link for wowhead which is linked in various posts in this thread, the last comment about it discusses this issue. it says that beacon doesn't include those % bonus heal coefficients. Not saying that any of this information is wrong, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

I would think that would also mean that the HL glyph probably doesn't work that way either.

Just an FYI, the tenacity thing was fixed a few weeks ago. It no longer works. The HL glyph multiplying still works though AFAIK.
Xequecal

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel