Remove Advertisements

[25H] Festergut

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25H] Festergut

Postby Meloree » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:37 am

Festergut is a bit more of a challenge than Rotface, but not by much. It's still mechanics you've been forced to practice over and over.

We pulled Fester to the back wall, to increase Goo reaction time. We put one ranged group on the far side of Festergut, and one on the near side, and mobile healers stayed with melee. We used warlock portals to designate spore clumping locations. It's important for ranged not to clump until the last second, so that goo won't land in the spore area, and it's important for people not to stand on the warlock portal normally. Basically with 6ish people in each ranged group, they spread out around the portal.

Goo dodging for melee involved moving from right leg to left leg. If tanks got targetted with goo, we just ate it.

Use a cooldown chain for 3-inhales. It hurts. But it doesn't hurt as much as you'ld think, I was actually a little disappointed. Failing your cooldown chain probably won't kill you with 5-6 healers on you fulltime, he only hits for ~40k (on 46k armor, you should be potted for this), it's healable without cooldowns. 2-inhales is almost more dangerous, as he still hits quite hard, but raid healers are still cleaning up some raid damage.

DG for pungent blight helps. Saccing your co-tank will make your healers happy. You can use it twice, if you're tanking 2nd: in their first 2-inhale phase, and in the 2nd 3-inhale phase.

The DPS requirements are less steep than might be expected. Our first kill was 4:59 - with 2 people dead for most of the fight. Our 2nd was 4:30.

Tips:
Honestly, the entire fight is about getting all 3 innnoculations. If most of your raid does that consistently, and can dodge goo, you'll win. Having the DPS to kill 25man LK means that you have the DPS to kill Festergut. Once again, it's a hardmode that doesn't actually check for anything you haven't already proven you have.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Re: [25H] Festergut

Postby Blitzago » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:05 am

the DPS check of this encounter is not as large as some people seem to think, we managed to get ~500k wipes with 7 healers which wasnt optimal but all we had, so we had a resto shammy go offspec enhance, and managed to kill him 15 seconds ahead of enrage, a few wipes were also cause of our warrior tank getting gibbed, with 2 ~35k hits a second apart, which seems odd.
Blitzago

Postby Boyfriend » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:42 am

For new people doing this, there is now small green ooze puddles where the malleable goo will land. This makes this fight even easier, and you should probably do it fairly early in your ICC heroic progression.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby cds4850 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:18 am

Are you guys moving out of malleable goo at the risk of moving Festergut while tanking? I had sufficient threat to not worry too much about the attack speed debuff, so I more or less disregarded them while tanking.

For perspective, I tanked first, gave him to the feral tank for 3stack/pungent blight once I stacked to 9, and resumed tanking for the duration of the fight once he hit his 9 stack.

Also worth mentioning, I utilized Marblehead's "on" / "off" macros for this encounter to maximize my 9stack DPS while not tanking:

MarbleHead wrote:"Off" macro:

/cancelaura Righteous Fury
/cast [target=Boddess] Hand of Salvation
/cast Avenging Wrath
/equip Bloodvenom Blade
/equip Libram of Valiance

"On" macro:

/cast Righteous Fury
/cast Hand of Reckoning
/equip Blood and Glory
/equip Libram of Defiance
cds4850

Postby Boyfriend » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:21 am

cds4850 wrote:Are you guys moving out of malleable goo at the risk of moving Festergut while tanking? I had sufficient threat to not worry too much about the attack speed debuff, so I more or less disregarded them while tanking.

My comment was intended for dps/healers. You cannot move festergut without making a huge mess of positioning and it would be a bad idea imo.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby Wrathy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:48 am

cds4850 wrote:Are you guys moving out of malleable goo at the risk of moving Festergut while tanking? I had sufficient threat to not worry too much about the attack speed debuff, so I more or less disregarded them while tanking.

I have never moved, all of our attacks are instant, and threat has never been an issue. I stand still for all 9 stacks, then I drop behind to increase my dps, since im not exp hard capped. But There is no reason that you should be trying to avoid the goo.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby cds4850 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:59 am

Sorry Boyfriend (...name, not relation) my post wasn't directed at you specifically nor a response to your post, per say. I was more curious about how concerned I should be about potentially rotating Festergut so that I avoided goo and how to weight the potential melee DPS loss to repositioning against some small damage intake on my behalf from the goo.

I'll just stay rooted until the tank swap like I have been.
cds4850

Postby Wrathy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:29 am

cds4850 wrote:Sorry Boyfriend (...name, not relation) my post wasn't directed at you specifically nor a response to your post, per say. I was more curious about how concerned I should be about potentially rotating Festergut so that I avoided goo and how to weight the potential melee DPS loss to repositioning against some small damage intake on my behalf from the goo.

From our strat, which sounds like most other guilds as well, the melee should all stack on one side and move from leg to leg every time a goo is thrown. That way they avoid the goo every time, on the chance that it is targeting their area. Also if you would be moving the boss, you would be effecting their ability to rotate back and forth.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Argali » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:41 am

cds4850 wrote:Sorry Boyfriend (...name, not relation) my post wasn't directed at you specifically nor a response to your post, per say. I was more curious about how concerned I should be about potentially rotating Festergut so that I avoided goo and how to weight the potential melee DPS loss to repositioning against some small damage intake on my behalf from the goo.

You can rotate him, to avoid goo, no problems!

You do however need to know how to rotate bosses on the spot without them moving... curse my blood elf hitbox, Thorim was such a pain, but with practice, it's now very easy for me. Well, easier, since I still mess it up once in a while.
Argali

Postby Belloc » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:05 am

Wrathy wrote:

From our strat, which sounds like most other guilds as well, the melee should all stack on one side and move from leg to leg every time a goo is thrown. That way they avoid the goo every time, on the chance that it is targeting their area. Also if you would be moving the boss, you would be effecting their ability to rotate back and forth.

The only problem with this strategy is that it requires melee range healers to move as well. Now that we can actually see the landing spot, there's no need to stack up on a leg -- just move from the affected area.
Belloc

Postby Wrathy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:45 am

We only have druids stand in melee range all other healers are out of the proximity of the melee

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby chinoquezada » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:52 am

The way we do this is by position Festergut on the wall furthest away from Putricide, with this crotch facing that balcony.
Two range groups to the left and right of fester. these groups have two spots which they swap to when an ooze is coming their way. Melee move from left to right leg.

This positioning gives everyone a lot of time to move away from the incoming goo.
chinoquezada

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel