Remove Advertisements

[25H] Marrowgar Hard

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25H] Marrowgar Hard

Postby Meloree » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:59 am

I'm guessing it's about time to start the topics for the hardmodes, so I'll bite.

Marrowgar 25 is massively easier than his 10-man version. There's no significant DPS check, and no significant execution check beyond "can your healers retarget quickly". It's not actually impossible to fail, but if you've killed the Lich King, your raids reaction time is by definition better than is required for this fight.

Useful tips and tricks include:
Bopping clothies when they're bone-spiked in a whirlwind.
Teach people that moving too far is as bad as not moving enough.
We use a triangle setup and assign 2 healers to each corner of the triangle. It's very rare that 2 healers from the same group get spiked, and we try to ensure that each group can cover at least one of the other groups.

All in all, though, if you can kill LK25 normal, this fight is "free loot".
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Re: [25H] Marrowgar Hard

Postby Ashym » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:04 am

On occasion, I and our warrior tank have found that during bone storm you can taunt him onto you, it worked 5+ times in a row and then not so much since then, maybe a fix or just a coincidence, anyone tried this?

Edit: Success was found on 10, not 25. Tried it on 25 but only got it a couple times.
Ashym

Postby Avengeance » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:03 am

We just split into 3 groups on 25: melee in center (door), ranged group 1 in center left, ranged group 2 in center right (for phase 2 that is). They only need to move when the boss is directly on top of them, and they can cross dps each others' spikes. The 3 tanks are separated in the back wall to attract the boss as a whirlwind target - the boss likes to bounce between long distances, so 8 out of 10 times it will go for a tank every other whirl, provided the other tanks are far enough away.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby pfunkmort » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:34 am

damage taken by whirlwind in the bonestorm phase is relative to your proximity to marrowgar's center. this means, if you're right at his center, you take 12k ticks of bonestorm, and progressively less if you're yrds away from it. THAT means, if you have your melee working on bone spikes during p2, you have a better chance of him targetting one of them or the bone spiked person, which would probably one shot the spiked person (unless bopped) and possibly burn out the melee working on the spike. typically we did what meloree said (although we had to spend about 10 attempts on this boss the first week because of lolp2cleavewtf?), however even with three groups, we mostly had ranged dps target the bone spikes down, while the melee just simply focused on staying away from them and running away from the spinning skeleton of suck...that meant that no one was stacked up on the spikes, which would make it more likely that he'd go there, and we could just cheese the cleave he did during storm, as everyone was very mobile. if your ranged are on it, the spikes die quick enough, but that phase depends on them.
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

Postby inthedrops » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:40 am

Alternatively, if you don't have a lot of ranged, and using the advice in the first post here, cooldown rotations on spiked people work wonders.

I think the best advice given is this "Teach people that moving too far is as bad as not moving enough."
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Rhiannon » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:49 am

We struggled with this the first week a lot more than we should have. I think main issue was melee humping spikes -> Marrowgar charging one of the melee -> dead spike target and/or melee. Since then, I've emphasized to the melee that if they already see a couple of melee on a particular spike, they need to leave it the hell alone and either go for a different spike which isn't crowded with people, or just go stand in the middle of the room spread out from everyone else. People in general need to be somewhat diffused on phase 2 anyway - we went with 3 vague groups, but the operative word is vague, with each person within that group being 6-8 yards away from anyone else. Worst possible scenario is getting 3 people spiked right on top of each other, and then him charging on top of them, and that's what you've really got to avoid.
Rhiannon

Postby Treck » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:19 am

Tanks cannot get impaled, since that would be silly in P1. But i actually thought it could happen in P2 but it have never occured so im guessing blizz didnt bother, ppl would say its RNG then i guess.
But this is a huge advantage, or can be. We have the tanks running to the furthest walls up the ramp to deathwhisper. Since noone is even close to there if she decides to rush to the tanks, theres no real raidhealing to be done, and its easy for the dps to handle the spikes. Sure it wont allow you to have the same dps on the boss but thats not really what you should focus on anyway. In 10man we have had her just jumping between the tanks for whole bone storms, making the spike/fires silly easy. Its lower chance that happends in 25man but once it does its sweet ^^
Treck

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel