Remove Advertisements

ICC10 Boss order

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

ICC10 Boss order

Postby Dilvish » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:36 pm

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but I didn't see it. Do you think the natural progression of bosses (in order of the "wings" as they were released from start to finish) is the way to go? We are a casual 10-man raid guild that just got to Rotface after downing Festergut for the first time last week. To make it more clear, if we start having a hard time on Rotface is there an easier first tier boss available in one of the other wings or should we just progress down the chain as normal? Thanks for your help.
Dilvish
Maintankadonor

Re: ICC10 Boss order

Postby dewkstraykr » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:38 am

If you are having an issue with any particular boss, generally speaking you may find that another wing has bosses more easily killed by your raid composition. That said, Dreamwalker and Princes are pretty simple, so I would suggest giving those a try if you dont wish to do Rotface first.
dewkstraykr

Postby Baelik » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:04 am

Answers to this question will be subjective mainly because each person would have had a different experience on the encounters. This has a bit to do with skill and gear. Pretty much every boss after first wing of Icecrown requires slightly more coordination than those of the first wing.

Below is the increasing order of wipes my guild required to down each boss (Sindragosa is work in progress)
Festergut < Rotface < Blood Princes < Blood Queen < Dreamwalker < Professor Putricide < Sindragosa

Its mostly about the tactics and for these raids a few doing the wrong thing can end up in a wipe. Difficulty of these bosses will change drastically once your team has the tactics down. For example, I feel the Blood Princes fight can be done by Naxx-Ulduar geared players if they do the dance properly.
Baelik

Postby Belloc » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:32 am

In my opinion, almost all of the non-end wing bosses are of the same difficulty. Festergut has higher tank gear requirements (and DPS), but the fight is pretty simple. Rotface requires good planning and simply moving through the boss on occasion.

So, yeah, the only difficulty in these fights is having a good strategy. If you're having a lot of trouble with one fight in particular, feel free to switch it up... but keep in mind that you will need to improve, because they're all about the same in one way or another.
Belloc

Postby Dilvish » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:39 pm

Thanks for the feedback folks. We had our first real night of tries on Rotface last night after downing Festergut for the first time earlier in the week. Not sure how soon we are going to get over the hump on this one. A very casual 10 man raid guild that has been together a looooong time. I love everyone in the guild like family, but it is clear that a few folks are slower learning execution and positioning fights like Rotface. Part of the price you pay for the pleasure of playing with family =) We had some decent attempts when I was kiting decursing and coordinating over ts but as somebody who has trouble chewing gum and walking at the same time we may try to switch that up a bit next week. It turned out to be luck of the draw...if we had somebody calm and collected start us off on the first two oozes then it went smoother...if we had somebody who tended to panic then not so good.

I prefer to pound away at a boss until we get it down, but if we have another night of little progress next week we may try to start another wing and see how we fare.
Dilvish
Maintankadonor

Postby Baelik » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:08 pm

I would say if you're hitting a wall on Rotface try out Blood Princes. They are in my opinion very easy (ofc all about tactics) and in some ways more fun than the others. I led a 25 man team into Blood Princes where half the group didn't know the fight and I expected wipes big time, but after carefully explaining what needed to be done everyone did their bit and they were down in 4 tries. On 10 man I reckon it should be easier with all the room you get. The only dilemma will come when you have to chose between 3 tanks or 2 tanks and a orb collector for Keleseth or 1 tank and another tank on collection duty. Just tell your guild that DPS doesn't matter that much and they can take it slow to get a hang of the fight. A capable Keleseth tank will make this very easy.

Everyone tells me Dreamwalker is quite easy as well, but difficulty in my guild was mainly with DPS tunnel vision for this fight
Baelik

Postby Vandril » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:48 am

BP is an easy fight, but remember in 25M you've got more people to do the stuff the encounter requires. If you don't overgear BP in 10, you CAN get oneshotet by the middle & right prince if you use the 2 tank strat. So maybe you need 3 tanks, 3 healer to be sure that no one dies (running out of healing range is common in 10M), leaving 4 DPS for the boss. If you don't have enough pet classes, one player will have to watch out for the gravity balls.
Also there is so much going on
- Don't stand too close together because of the (empowered) shock vortex. I only did the 25M version once and I think the vortex hit for less in 25M than in 10M
- Move away from those shock fields
- Run with the empowered fire orbs

Maybe its not so bad on a normal geared raid, I'm only doing 10M raid with people who run 25M, so I'm the one "who get carried"
Vandril
Maintankadonor

Postby Dilvish » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:14 am

Thanks for the tips guys. Gonna try some more on Rotface tonight and if we are hitting a wall switch to BP depending on how things go. I'm going to throw on a second stamina trinket and try tanking the first two...should push me up over 43k unbuffed...while our druid tank tries his hand at the shadow guy. We usually run with a couple of hunters so gravity balls should be easy. If our druid tank has a hard time keeping threat and keeping enough orbs we might station the mage nearby acting as an orb bank as needed. Should just come down to positioning.
Dilvish
Maintankadonor

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel