Remove Advertisements

[10] h.Professor Putricide

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] h.Professor Putricide

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:45 am

So according to the wowwiki page

On Heroic Difficulty Professor Putricide will gain Unbound Plague which lasts 60 seconds, does a small amount of damage every 1 second and jumps to anyone within 3 yards, leaving a debuff every time it jumps called Plague Sickness which increases damage taken from Unbound Plague by 300%, stacking infinitely.

Rather than casting Tear Gas on the raid on Heroic Difficulty to change phases, Professor Putricide will instead debuff half the raid with the Ooze Variable and half the raid with the Gas Variable. He will then spawn both a Volatile Ooze AND a Gas Cloud at the same time. You may only attack targets matching your variable.

So, dealing with the plague: do you just let it run its course on its current target and heal through it? Can you have the current target run out of the raid and cleanse it to get rid of it, similar to necrotic plague?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Re: [10] h.Professor Putricide

Postby Avengeance » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:07 am

Not cleansable, and the plague will 1 shot the person after about 10 seconds (not sure how the damage multiply, but I tried).

We just make each person count 5 seconds to themselves before passing it on, at first we tried to have a set order in passing - but in the end we just passed it to anyone after 5 seconds, even if they had it already (the residue debuff u get that makes u take 250% dmg more from the plague doesnt actually hurt that much in the first 5 seconds).
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Akairoslol » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:03 pm

We got our (server) first downing of putricide 10m hard mode last night, very fun fight.
Regarding the unbound plague we found the debuff wasn't as bad in the long run. We had our raid members count to (12?) when it was on them and then pass it on, after a few attempts, we learned that the dmg is in fact not as significant as we thought, even to the point of our priest healer suggesting that he let it bounce back and forth between our few ranged and not bother the melee with it. The dmg from the plague was not an issue till late phase 3, when tank damage was getting really significant.

From what I know from listening to our raid members talk about it, the unbound plague has a limited duration in the time it is out and after a period of time the debuff with dissipate, after which professor will cast it again.

On 10 man HM, professor doesn't cast slime/gas variable.

This is all gleaned from raid members and the tankspot video, I apologize if any of this information is wrong and hope someone will correct me.
There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that do not.
Akairoslol

Postby Faro » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:25 pm

There was no Ooze Variable in 10m, and the plague was a non-issue. It appeared that after 60s of the plague being on you, it would increase the damage you take from the plague by 250%. If you passed the plague off of you, it applied the same debuff. This debuff stacked multiple times and expired after 60s.

I'm not going to lie to you here. We completely ignored the plague, still have no idea what it does, and one shot him. It did take both battle reses, though.
"Safiyas, if you don't stop screwing up I'm going to replace you with someone that has a Y chromosome." -Laethalas
Nikachelle on the Jewelcrafting Nerf- "Called my boyfriend up and told him. Think I ruined his day. :s"
Faro

Postby Treck » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:51 pm

Faro wrote:I'm not going to lie to you here. We completely ignored the plague, still have no idea what it does, and one shot him. It did take both battle reses, though.

We kinda had the same first time we went. The person with the plague died, thus not jumping anymore and a noneissue untill the next one was casted. Ignoring the plague should prolly also give you more time to dps the boss or whatnot.
You will have to have SSes/CRes for it tho, but it kinda feels like having ppl die on saurfang when Mark gave him BP.
After the first try fail at about 15%, we started coming up with a strat for the plague, and started wiping a lot earlier :P
We solved it by having 6ppl, 2 groups of 3. 3ppl just soaking the buff, and 3 ppl taking care of it. As in the 3 "dedicated" plague runners were running it off to one person in the soaking group, according to the rotation we had, then another plaguerunner picked it up from a soaker in the rotation. After about 10sec on each player.
We had the soakers beeing DPS to not loose that much, and the healers beeing the runners, seeing as we had 2 restodruids and one priest, they could move a lot.
3 healers are a bit to much aswell i guess, 2 is tough but works, but we had 3 on first kill since we thought it would be harder, but that leaves more room for running ^^.
Not that the abomination thingy is hard, but having druids keeping hots on you for the energy restore makes it faceroll :P
Treck

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:03 am

I take it you can't bubble off the debuff @ all? or maybe even the residue debuff?
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby Vandril » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:11 am

You can't bubble off the Plague debuff, but you'll be immune to the damage. Tried it last week I think and let the debuff ran out on me, but still gained the "increased dmg plague debuff"
Vandril
Maintankadonor

Postby pfunkmort » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:56 am

yeah...I hear chaos theory is fail (JK - hi fuzzy :D) but the debuff, as stated above, has to be swapped about every 8-10 seconds or someone's dying. even a tank, if the stacks get too high, is going to screw you. So you need to work out a swap order. HOWEVER - whether it's a glitch or whatever - the disease can be passed to a corpse (and supposedly a totem - although we didn't find that to be true when we tried it on a wipe), and it will tick down and go away forever, so if you get to p3, and you have someone dead, have it passed to the corpse and gg - exploited mechanics and world first saronite bomb strat (no, but it does work that way). Typically, on our 10 man kill, we'd have 7-8 of the members passing it around before it went away, or someone was dying. You can use the main tank in that rotation (not the abom or abom tank) however, then you need to have someone who doesn't have the debuff be smart enough to go take it off him, or even the tank will get one shot by it eventually.
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

Postby Wrathy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:53 am

I found that I could hold the debuff for about 15 to 20 seconds as the MT, blowing cooldowns. It made the management of the debuf much easier, and as long as you communicate when you need someone to come get it from you, it shouldnt be a problem.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby superworm » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:37 pm

Could the plague be passed to a pet or snake traps?
superworm

Postby Treck » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:01 pm

No, only players.
If that person dies, the debuff disapears.
Treck

Postby elfjorc » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:59 am

pfunkmort wrote:yeah...I hear chaos theory is fail (JK - hi fuzzy :D) but the debuff, as stated above, has to be swapped about every 8-10 seconds or someone's dying. even a tank, if the stacks get too high, is going to screw you. So you need to work out a swap order. HOWEVER - whether it's a glitch or whatever - the disease can be passed to a corpse (and supposedly a totem - although we didn't find that to be true when we tried it on a wipe), and it will tick down and go away forever, so if you get to p3, and you have someone dead, have it passed to the corpse and gg - exploited mechanics and world first saronite bomb strat (no, but it does work that way). Typically, on our 10 man kill, we'd have 7-8 of the members passing it around before it went away, or someone was dying. You can use the main tank in that rotation (not the abom or abom tank) however, then you need to have someone who doesn't have the debuff be smart enough to go take it off him, or even the tank will get one shot by it eventually.

I don't think that's the Fuzzy you're thinking of :P But hi!
elfjorc

Postby Akairoslol » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:01 pm

So we learned that trying to 3 heal this boss isn't a very good idea. After failing to remember what comp we used on our first kill, we wiped for 2 days on putricide 10m HM before remembering our other resto shaman should have been his usual enhance spec. >_>

Mutilate, enhance, Arms, feral, prot, Blood tank, Disc, resto, Arcane, Marks hunter was our kill.
There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that do not.
Akairoslol

Postby Flitter » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:15 pm

We tried him today for the first time and killed him after 4 tries. That was with 3 healers and at the end we had 3 and 4 stacks of the tankdebuff on both of our tanks. Though, don't let a dps kick himself, in the tansition-phase, from the green slime to the middle of the room, being the target of the red slime :roll:

I, as the abo tank, basically let the first 4 slimepools to grow a little bit to ensure 100 energy after the 2nd slime to slow both slimes in the transition-phase at once. Just alternate between both pools to keep them small but still being able to clear them in some seconds if needed. Besides that we used the phoenixstyle addon to handle the unbound plaque. Worked like a charm.

After the green slime is killed, kite the red slime to the professor to reduce your movement for maximum dps during the transition-phases. It's possible to get the professor well under 30% even before phase 3 starts.

Good luck!
Flitter

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel