[10] Deathbringer Saurfang [Heroic]

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Deathbringer Saurfang [Heroic]

Postby Avengeance » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:25 am

If your DPS are 25 men geared and you have a Pala healer, you can actually solo heal it. We've been doing solo healing since the 5% buff and it makes the fight easier actually. You can end the fight with just 1 mark, or if you are lucky with blood boils (going on people who can remove it with iceblock, bubble etc), you can finish fight with 0 marks.

Example log:
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/13210867#damageout
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby rocket » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:28 am

ahhh - so that is the gimmick (or strat)

since i switch from tank to heals in this fight, i may be undergeared for solo healing, but i can give it a shot. going to 2-heals wouldnt be a stretch though.

I did think that 3 heals were needed in P3, but i guess that we are taking so long, therefore a 3rd mark comes out. lowering the fight time by ~10% would indeed push us to 2 marks max.
rocket
Maintankadonor

Postby Glowyrm » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:52 am

ydraw wrote:
It's definitely 2 healable without a Pally. I do it with Druid/Disc--> http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1a2r ... 195&e=2432

In your log the priest did 200k healing on himself with binding heal. Getting the mark on a healing priest is probably the 2nd best result next to getting it on a tank.

If it goes on 2 mages it's going to be a lot more difficult.

You're right, that is a good mark but it's still definitely doable with 2 heals no matter where the marks land. Definitely more difficult on 2 mages, but doable!

Avengeance wrote:If your DPS are 25 men geared and you have a Pala healer, you can actually solo heal it. We've been doing solo healing since the 5% buff and it makes the fight easier actually. You can end the fight with just 1 mark, or if you are lucky with blood boils (going on people who can remove it with iceblock, bubble etc), you can finish fight with 0 marks.

Example log:
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/13210867#damageout

Yep, this works well too. It's not really necessary though, might make your 2nd healer sad :( ....unless he has a DPS spec and can stay lol. Would hate to get sat just to make a fight go ~1 minute quicker lol.

hoho wrote:That's definitely one of the fights where 2-healing is easier than 3-healing. On our first kill we did get 3 marks up around when boss was at 2% but when healers just spamhealed themselves and tanks burned cooldowns we managed to down him with only two deaths being the tanks :D

After the first kill it has been a bit easier and I think we haven't even had the third mark popping up.

This is another good piece of advice, make sure the healers know that the Marks life is more important than the tanks life if you have a Druid with Rebirth up.

Without a Druid though, the Marks are more important to keep up towards the end of the fight, losing a Mark is pretty much auto wipe, but losing a tank means you might be able to burn him down still.

Pretty sure I had an attempt once where we lost a tank around 20% because for some reason or another 2 marks got extremely low at the same time, we BRessed and won. Without BRes, you should be able to afford losing the tank around 10% or less I think.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ICCHARDMODES
25 man - 9/12 | 10 man - 10/12
Glowyrm

Postby Kelaan » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:25 am

Avengeance wrote:And i wouldnt call using DI a legimate (or intended) tactic, I cant see how encouraging class stacking and sacrificing players is what BLizzard intended.
1 tip is: Amp magic your whole raid if you have a mage to squeeze out more healing.

Using amplify magic is awesome... but not every 10 man has amp magic or lots of holy paladins. If your 10s group, like mine, has 2 paladins, a warlock, and two druids, and (sometimes) no heroism, I consider using DI+Soulstone or DI+Battlerez to be clever use of game mechanics. ;-) Granted, I'm DI-happy, but it really is something I like having as more than wipe protection / repair-bill-avoidance.
Kelaan

Postby Shathus » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:59 am

We made our first attempts on this last night. The first couple we had some issues with the beasts, the last 2 it seemed like we got them under control, they hit someone 2 and 1 hit respectively before a wipe was called. We seemed to be getting our 1st mark around 72-75% with the 2nd one going out around 50% and things snowballed quickly from there.

With the beasts seemingly under control the main issue seems to be the speed in which he's gaining blood power. Looking back at our logs, the first thing that jumped out at me, was myself and the other tank sloppy on taunting. Rune of Blood hit 16 times healing for over 1 million HP (and about 50 BP gain I think?). I bubbled Boiling Blood off others early in the fight and our mage is Iceblock'ing when he could to remove it.

We were also missing our normal Disc healer as well as 2 new dps. Is our DPS too low that we're not just wasting attempts at this on heroic or if we just fix some of the taunting timing that should slow down BP generation and give us more time, etc?

Logs from Saurfang
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Boyfriend » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:08 am

I haven't read the log, but if I remember things correctly (I don't pay that much attention) you should get your first mark at ~40-60%, definately not above 70, 70 sounds more like 25man.

He gains large amounts of Blood Power from Rune of Blood, taunting has to be spot on, more than 1 tick per taunt is not really acceptable. Also make sure no one gets hit by beasts of course, tanks can taunt beasts if they have to save a dps but they should still not get hit by them.

Make sure your group is spread out enough that only ever 1 person gets hit by blood nova.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby Shathus » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:16 am

Thanks, meant to check on the Blood Nova hits (if people were spread out or not). Rune of Blood was definitely a factor, I think we got hit with it 12-16 times in each of the 'good' 2 attempts (which is shitty, I know). I don't think the Beasts were a problem once we got that part down. My only other concern was DPS was low (everyone is above 5/5.5k with a couple in 8k).

EDIT: looks like we did ok on Blood Nova. It doesn't look like it hit more than 1 person during any casts (prior to a wipe being called).
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Sorin » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:16 am

One last question belonging to the mark.

The person with the mark, does it inflict damage, when saurfang performs an attack or when the attack HITS the tank?

When i search for it, i always find different answers to it ... :(
Sorin

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:58 am

I think it was determined that the damage occurs regardless of whether the hit lands, so avoidance is not overly valuable on the fight.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby ToKu » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:13 am

Shathus wrote:Thanks, meant to check on the Blood Nova hits (if people were spread out or not). Rune of Blood was definitely a factor, I think we got hit with it 12-16 times in each of the 'good' 2 attempts (which is shitty, I know). I don't think the Beasts were a problem once we got that part down. My only other concern was DPS was low (everyone is above 5/5.5k with a couple in 8k).

EDIT: looks like we did ok on Blood Nova. It doesn't look like it hit more than 1 person during any casts (prior to a wipe being called).

You cannot afford to miss taunt at all, it was this fight that made me glyph taunt again and not bother taking it off.

We used to run 2 pally's in my 10m so we could keep 1 beast stunned every round, we still do it sometimes (druid is other tank.) Ranged DPS burns down first beast while rogue builds up combo points to stun 2nd beast again to be burned down.

If the first blood its on a caster DPS or healer dont be afraid to bop them, hell tell your raid to all have cancelaura and bop the first one period.
ToKu

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel