Remove Advertisements

[25H] Lady Deathwhisper

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25H] Lady Deathwhisper

Postby james31 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:33 am

Had an opportunity to do this fight last night and have got P1 down to a fine art (semi-circle behind the boss, assign people to Death Grip casters, hunter to kite Deformed Fanatics) - it's a bit boring now. But P2 rips us apart quite quickly.

We have the non-interrupting/threat transferring melee running from side-to-side to deal with the fresh spawns, but atm we're roughly spread evenly over the room in 3 main areas. A Disc priest MD's the slows on melee and we run away from ghosts... but once someone doesn't run or run early enough, 2-3 people die. Esp. if they're already slowed and their attempts to run away chains it into others.

Was thinking this phase might be better if the melee camp, 3 ranged camps all stood in 4 points around the floor in a diamond. Actually on top of each other, like @ Thorim hard. This would mean every group could get a Mass Dispel and would leave a lot of empty space for easy spotting of ghosts - and the bigger problem - realising early they're chasing you. i.e. 1 moves, all move. How are you all finding this?
Infamous Guild :: Outland :: http://www.infamousguild.com
james31

Re: [Heroic: Deathwhisper] (25)

Postby Avengeance » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:10 pm

Our guild is stuck on the same problem, once we hit Phase 2 allhell breaks lose and we lose people to ghosts very quickly. I dont know if its a l2p issue from them or they just cant escape in time. We tried small groups moving together - didnt work, we tried random spread, didnt work.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

[25H] Lady Deathwhisper

Postby Meloree » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:10 am

So, we've used 2 strats for this fight. For our first kill, we used the "stupid" strat. For subsequent kills we've used a much more repeatable and failure tolerant strat. This is one of the more difficult non-Lich-King hardmodes, and it may be advisable to skip it your first week through. We didn't, it soaked up a pretty good chunk of the raid week.

The "stupid" strat, also known as "kill everything" basically required perfect play from everyone, had a lot more damage going out, and pushed us right out to enrage. We basically relied on the melee group to kill all adds in P2, with some help from ranged as required. Ghosts were harder to manage because appropriate spreading out was harder to achieve with ranged needing to be in range of add spawns. Basically, everyone played perfectly for one attempt, we killed her at 9:45, and we had some RNG in our favor. Brute force is doable, but it's not ideal.

For subsequent kills we shameless stole from Premonition, and had a warrior kite all the fanatics in P2. This let us trade out 2 melee, since they only had to deal with adherents, and range never had to help on adds, significantly increasing boss dps. It reduced the killtime to somewhere around 8 minutes. Ghosts were much easier to manage, due to a better separation of the raid.

Useful tips for the tank:
Wear frost resist. It works, and her melee isn't dangerous at all. Your threat isn't particularily important, you spend most of the phase doing 0 threat anyway, it's all up to the rogues and hunters. With lots of frost resist, her frostbolts won't hit for very much, and letting the rogues know that missing an interrupt won't cause problems saved their lives a lot - they wouldn't take risks with ghosts or D&D.
DG saves lives.

All in all, kiting offloads a lot of difficulty onto one person, but it makes life easier for everyone else. Generally that leads to easier kills - one person learns a difficult task faster than 25. If you feel the need to brute force: good news, it works. But I'd advise against it. It's more difficult, more frustrating, and more dependant on a lot of people making the right decisions.

EDIT: Apparently Holy Wrath isn't your friend, and I'm dumb.
Last edited by Meloree on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Re: [25H] Lady Deathwhisper

Postby Avengeance » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:52 am

The adds in p2 are not undead afaik, they are humanoids. The only undead mobs are the ones that are reanimated, so you cant holy wrath them.

We got our kill last reset, we assign every ranged and healer in a position in a full circle around the boss pre pull (boss is tanked in center of room). We had a team of 4-5 melee on adds with me as pala tank as their add tank in p2, and we kept 2 rogues + a ret on the boss full time. The ranged never ever moves from their position except moving for ghost, and the moving tactic is either move into the circle or out of the circle. We scored the kill with a good 2-3 mins left on enrage. Our MT OT wears about 300-400 FR so frost bolts arent an issue.
Avengeance

Postby Meloree » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:25 am

Avengeance wrote:The adds in p2 are not undead afaik, they are humanoids. The only undead mobs are the ones that are reanimated, so you cant holy wrath them.

Live and learn... I guess the lock that plays destro for that fight is pro with stuns. I hit holy wrath, they stop. Rookey must be double-covering me.

Avengeance wrote:We got our kill last reset, we assign every ranged and healer in a position in a full circle around the boss pre pull (boss is tanked in center of room). We had a team of 4-5 melee on adds with me as pala tank as their add tank in p2, and we kept 2 rogues + a ret on the boss full time. The ranged never ever moves from their position except moving for ghost, and the moving tactic is either move into the circle or out of the circle. We scored the kill with a good 2-3 mins left on enrage. Our MT OT wears about 300-400 FR so frost bolts arent an issue.

2-3 mins left is around where we killed it last reset, too, before the buff aura, with the kiting strat. Our melee must be terrible, they weren't keeping up with the add waves without help when killing everything. I'm not sure why, perhaps just too much ghost panic - or not enough DPS discipline. It's worth noting that this reset, with the buff aura, the fight got significantly easier. Due to the DPS overhead, net boss DPS increased by something like 10-15%. We transitioned a full add-phase earlier this week.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Avengeance » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:52 am

4-5 melee is enough to get the 3 adds down on time if you tank them rather close for them to cleave. If 1-2 melee gets MCed, I call out on vent for the ranged on that side to assist. To make your tanking life easier, just dont bother tanking the casters, let teh melee tank it themselves, you just pull the Fanatics as close to them as you can - and when there's free taunts to use, taunt the caster mobs to soak some dmg.

We got close on a few wave with time - due to MCs and ghosts spawning on the add team so they had to move, when that happens I usually just stun the melee mob while i run to opposite spawn to pick up new mobs, and then the ranged on that side assists until the melee team comes back.
Avengeance

Postby guillex » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:19 am

Meloree...

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... =viewtopic

Please check before starting a new thread. I'm merging this one with the other.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Meloree » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:24 am

guillex wrote:Meloree...

Sorry. I was lazy and just checked the sticky, didn't see any heroic links.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:37 am

Meloree wrote:
guillex wrote:Meloree...

Sorry. I was lazy and just checked the sticky, didn't see any heroic links.

Oh snap!
Belloc

Postby Meloree » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:02 pm

Belloc wrote:
Meloree wrote:Sorry. I was lazy and just checked the sticky, didn't see any heroic links.

Oh snap!

This was not my intent. I am sincerely sorry for causing forum clutter, I was in fact lazy about checking.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:32 pm

Meloree wrote:
Belloc wrote:
Meloree wrote:Sorry. I was lazy and just checked the sticky, didn't see any heroic links.

Oh snap!

This was not my intent. I am sincerely sorry for causing forum clutter, I was in fact lazy about checking.

Absolutely no worries at all. I've slacked in some spots, so don't beat yourself over the head about it. It took me ~15 seconds to fix. ;)
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Belloc » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:31 pm

Meloree wrote:
Belloc wrote:

Oh snap!

I figured as such, but I felt like messing around :P
Belloc

Postby Brutalus » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:24 pm

We encounted something new tonight on this fight. Our MT was crit for 52k. We're assuming that as our fury warrior got MD'ed he gave the boss Rampage and she crit the main-tank. I just wanted to confirm that this was indeed the case, has anyone else encounted something similar?
Brutalus

Postby Belloc » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:26 pm

Bosses that MC players have been critting tanks for quite a while, so it's safe to assume that as the reason.
Belloc

Postby Blitzago » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:58 pm

Did they nerf this fight?

So my guild was learning it last week but since we only raid 14 hours a week, we only put in about 15 attempts left and had alot of problems with ghosts.

This week we killed her on our second attempt, and first attempt while in phase 2, did they nerf the explosion range or damage?

Or did switching to 7 healers instead of 6 just make that much more of a difference.
Blitzago

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel