Normal -> Heroic Changes

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Normal -> Heroic Changes

Postby Arianne » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:45 pm

Can anyone offer a bit of information about what the Normal -> Heroic mode changes are for 10 and/or 25 on various fights?

Lord Marrowgar - Bone Spikes will be cast during the Bone Storm phase. Everything hits much harder. There are now 5 charges in bone storm instead of 4.

Lady Deathwhisper - Deathwhisper is untauntable in phase 2. 1 add spawns from random side in phase 2.

Gunship - Rockets have a knockback, adds status up faster. Still LoL

Saurfang - More HPs and BP Gains. Rune of blood gives him a LOT of blood power, so it's very important to not let more than a couple of hits go through. Blood beasts spawn without scent of blood but get it after around 5-10 seconds and will one shot people once they have gained it.

Rotface - Putricide will help from the balcony and Vile Gas People (Festergut Mechanic)

Festergut - Putricide will help from the balcony and throw Malleable Goo

Professor Putricide - Thaddius like charges from the Cloud/Ooze ?!?

Valithria - Adds spawn faster. Portals are Red and you take damage per stack of the nightmare buff you have. Seems like they are trickier to trigger and they respawn very slowly. Abominations leave a cleansable debuff, frostbolt volley drains mana, zombie explodes damage VDW. VDW loses health steadily. Every cloud that you do not trigger in the nightmare realm causes damage to VDW.

Sindragosa - Extra Block in Air Phase. Unchained has an AoE component (run out of raid).

BP: Stacking DoT every time you move.

Thanks.
Last edited by Arianne on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arianne

Re: Normal -> Heroic Changes

Postby Joanadark » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:17 pm

Putricide: Instead of Tear Gas during transitions, he spawns both the Gas Cloud and Green Ooze simultaneously, and randomly divides your whole raid with an attunement to one or the other of them, only allowing them to attack that one. Additionally, every minute he puts out a Plague on one person that ticks every second and increases in damage the longer it is on you until it kills you. It jumps to someone else if you run on top of them, passing the plague to them and resetting its damage, and leaving you with a stack of Plague Sickness, which increases damage you take from plague by 100% per stack if you should get the plague again.

Valithriya Dreamwalker: Void Zones that drain mana. Archmages Frostbolt Volley drains mana from anyone it hits. Valithriya takes constant damage. The stacks you get inside the portals have a DoT component that deals damage to you.

BQL: No real change besides increased health and raid damage. Tighter DPS check.

Blood Princes: Everyone in the raid has a debuff called Shadow Prison, that gains a stack each second you move, and resets after not moving for several seconds. Each stack ticks for shadow damage

everything else you listed is correct.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Belloc » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:47 pm

Holy shit, those are some crazy changes.
Belloc

Postby Roots » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:50 pm

Belloc wrote:Holy shit, those are some crazy changes.
Roots

Postby Belloc » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:54 pm

The Sindragosa video on MMO-Champion seems to show a bombish debuff placed on ~3 targets on 25-man. Every so often, you'll see 3 people run out of the raid and then an arcane explosion type of graphic will appear from them. I couldn't tell for sure, but this bomb may have been reduced to 1 target in phase 3.

Also of note: Deathwhisper's ghosts will one-shot players if they explode.
Belloc

Postby Jaesthenis » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:19 pm

Joanadark wrote:BQL: No real change besides increased health and raid damage. Tighter DPS check.

Shroud of Sorrow damages are increased by 5% for each vampire in the raid

Belloc wrote:The Sindragosa video on MMO-Champion seems to show a bombish debuff placed on ~3 targets on 25-man. Every so often, you'll see 3 people run out of the raid and then an arcane explosion type of graphic will appear from them. I couldn't tell for sure, but this bomb may have been reduced to 1 target in phase 3.

Debuffs she puts on caster (instability) have an AoE component in heroic.
Mande-étoile Jaesthenis, FR-La Croisade écarlate
Jaesthenis

Postby Joanadark » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:36 pm

Belloc wrote:Holy shit, those are some crazy changes.

Putricide hard mode is the first encounter in all of ICC normal or hard mode that's actually felt like a proper enjoyable fight. My guild chose to shoot for a world 2nd on it and blow our attempts on Putricide instead of going the route everyone else is doing by going after sindrigosa first.
It was probably the most enjoyable, exhilarating 18 attempts I've had since doing pre-nerf Firefighter. Unfortunately we didn't get it down, only hitting 14% on our best attempt. Even so, I'm glad we worked on it. I've got a feeling doing hard mode sindrigosa is just going to make me angry at people rather than being enjoyable.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby PsiVen » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:28 am

Had a crack at our first 10-man hardmodes last night:

Marrowgar is a pretty obnoxious gibfest. There's just a shitton of bursty raid damage coinciding with healers having to move, and I've never seen a fight which more heavily favors ranged DPS. If this one is undertuned on 25-man I will be very happy not having to spend much time on it.

Deathwhisper was fun, but undertuned. Still only having adds spawn from one side makes it too simple, especially when you have two tanks to throw around. We one-shot her with our other tank dead at 80%.

I don't know why Heroic Gunship Battle exists, but I'm glad we get free loot here.

Deathbringer feels very well tuned and challenging. I'm not thrilled that one of the biggest dangers is being a split second late on the constant tank swaps, but it's a fun fight. Definitely the first one tuned to be harder than than the Lich King normal mode (though it's obviously less complex of a learning curve).
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Tekkel » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:29 am

Well what's writen above sums it up reasonably.
I've only done the 10 mans but bring a holy paladin for tank healing and fights become alot easier with tank swaps and mark healing for example.
From my pov saurfang was reasonably hard due to insane raid damage taken in the end.
We 1-2 shotted all of plague and blood wing. My 10 man group stopped doing the hardmodes after that due to lack of time and people still needing the lk kill.
Our other group got dreamwalker and sindragosa killed but they seem quite a bit tougher.
I assume 25 man putricide will be alot harder but we found it a joke in 10 man.

Take into regard this was with people all decked in 264/258 gear allready.
On top of that, 10 man hm favors ranged dps heavily.
Tekkel

Postby towelliee » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:51 pm

Besides the Vile gas, is the ooze explosion larger hit?
towelliee

Postby RedAces » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:39 pm

heyho,

Lady Deathwhisper heroic 10m: she will Mind Control (like 25m normal) one person at a time. Adds will continue to spawn during P2, but only one per wave at the entrance.

Bye, RedAces.
RedAces

Postby Shoju » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:20 am

If Lady Death is untauntable, how do you deal with the redux in threat?
Shoju

Postby RedAces » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:28 am

hey,

having both tanks dps her and make sure you overnuke just as your debuff runs out (shouldn't be too hard ...)
I tried to dps her during p1 and get a good head start for P2, but some time after her barrier is down, she resets her aggro table and you have to start at zero again. (MD and Tricks are awesome!)

Bye, Liyandra.

EDIT: Thinking faster than typing -> baaaaad :/
Last edited by RedAces on Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedAces

Postby Belloc » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:30 am

Shoju wrote:If Lady Death is untauntable, how do you deal with the redux in threat?

DPS has to watch their threat. It'd probably be best to have DPS alternate add waves. Tanks have to switch off by utilizing basic threat mechanics (as in one tank passes the other tank by 10%).

This is, of course, assuming that she is untauntable.

As to the above post, she resets her aggro list at the start of phase 2. She has always done this.
Belloc

Postby inthedrops » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:16 am

For Deathwhisper 10, we had two tanks with just one tank on the boss the whole time in P2. I picked up adds (thought three were going to be coming from the sides but it was just one from the back). With rogues and hunters tricksing/md'ing the tank it wasn't a problem at all.

Honestly, in between picking up adds I tried to get some DPS time of the boss. I'd almost certainly go OOM trying to build threat back. I even tried blowing wings after the first add died to try and catch up to tank threat. Simply wasn't going to happen. I was almost completely out of mana. When you're only tanking one add for 10 seconds you don't get hit for any considerable amount, you'll go OOM quickly.

If we didn't have a rogue or hunter (or both) I'm not too sure how we'd have pulled it off.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel