[25] Arthas - Soul Reaper

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Arthas - Soul Reaper

Postby fafhrd » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:39 pm

Argali wrote:
Worldie wrote:Healers switching? o.o ever heard of holy paladins?

You're making the assumption that every guild will have a holy paladin. If you know some please send them my way. My guild could use one.

You don't have a holy pally for a 25 man raid o.O?
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby PsiVen » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:03 am

Kihra wrote:You really can anticipate the Soul Reaper application most of the time and have a cooldown running already. Almost any minor cooldown (including trinkets) is enough to prevent that initial gib. Even if you don't have a cooldown running, AD is usually enough to cover the gib case, since the OT will have taunted him and there's time to heal the MT back up while the LK is running away.

Some of the easiest Soul Reapers to anticipate are the ones that come after casts like Infest and Defile. You just plain know it's been held up by the cast and that it's going to come right after, so you can be ready for it with a running cooldown.

Right, I guess that's what I was asking since it sounded like you guys weren't using cooldowns at all.

Kite-taunting is how we ended up dealing with the Harvested Soul fail buff, using bubble+taunting paladins and distracting shots and having the tank run away during a cast.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Belloc » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:32 am

fafhrd wrote:
Argali wrote:

You're making the assumption that every guild will have a holy paladin. If you know some please send them my way. My guild could use one.

We cleared half of ICC25 this week without a priest of any sort. Shadow priest eventually showed up for last few bosses. Now, granted, we usually do have every class (and most specs) represented, but it's not out of the question to be missing one or two. The raids in our former guild almost always lacked a DK.
Belloc

Postby Argali » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:19 pm

fafhrd wrote:
Argali wrote:

Nope. We have 2 trees, 2 shamans, 4 priest in the whole guild, healerwise.
Argali

Postby Ragingsoul » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:40 pm

maybe I missed something, but how do you use DG as a cd for yourself? or you mean you use it as a cd for the 2nd tank? I'm generally saving it for a phase change.
While tanking new content, one rule is important -- it's not about taking less damage; it's about being able to take more.
Ragingsoul, Palatank, Tsunadee, Resto Druid, Bisoul, Mutilate Rogue
Ragingsoul

Postby Belloc » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:03 am

Ragingsoul wrote:maybe I missed something, but how do you use DG as a cd for yourself? or you mean you use it as a cd for the 2nd tank? I'm generally saving it for a phase change.

Fully talented, Divine Sacrifice provides a 4-second 20% damage reduction to everyone in the raid. Canceling the party-absorb effect reduces Divine Sacrifice to nothing more than this 20% damage reduction.
Belloc

Postby Radience » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:48 am

Code: Select all
#showtooltip Divine Sacrifice
/cancelaura Divine Sacrifice
/cast Divine Sacrifice

Hit this macro twice if you only want Divine Guardian 6 sec 20% damage reduction.
Radience

Postby Ragingsoul » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:25 am

aha, ok thx for the info :).
I only recently respected for improve, since I had those 2 points in hand of protection for anub25 hc before. didn't know it also worked for us.

Radience wrote:
/cast Divine Sacrifice

Hit this macro twice if you only want Divine Guardian 6 sec 20% damage reduction.

wouldn't it be the other way around?

/cast Divine Sacrifice
While tanking new content, one rule is important -- it's not about taking less damage; it's about being able to take more.
Ragingsoul, Palatank, Tsunadee, Resto Druid, Bisoul, Mutilate Rogue
Ragingsoul

Postby PsiVen » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:13 am

The cancelaura command will go out before the buff registers on you, so you need to hit it twice anyway. I think if you put the /cancel after the /cast it will stop because the cast fails, but it probably doesn't matter.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Radience » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:16 am

I have it setup in that way because I don't want always to remove Divine Sacrifice. Hitting macro once will buff both DS and DG, hitting it twice will remove DS. I think having macro other way should act same, it might remove DS instantly. In that case you'd need to have separate bind for Divine Sacrifice if you want to keep it running.
Radience

Postby dewkstraykr » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:44 am

Radience wrote:
/cast Divine Sacrifice

This is a pretty inefficient way to do the macro for the 20% reduction portion of the talent.

If you want to just use the 20% raid wide reduction, try this instead:

#showtooltip
/cast Divine Sacrifice
/in 0.4 /script CancelUnitBuff("player","Divine Sacrifice")
/ra Divine Guardian Up
/in 6 /ra Divine Guardian Down

You just need to make sure that the /in 0.4 part is higher than your average latency. Mine is always around 250-310ms, so setting to 0.4 is a safe number. If you sit at 700ms, try 0.8, likewise if you sit at 100ms always, try 0.2.
dewkstraykr

Postby Dtain » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:10 am

While it may seem "inefficient" as you have to hit the button twice, it keeps you from having to bind this ability twice for times when you want the Divine sacrifice effect as well as the divine guardian effect. So it ends up being more adaptable, your mileage may vary on that though.
Dtain
Ascension
US-Eonar
Dtain

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel