Remove Advertisements

[25] Valithria Healers

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Valithria Healers

Postby Dantriges » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:25 am

So I have a question regarding healers entering the Dream andhealing the dragon.

I´ve got really screwy numbers. One of our resto schaman had double the amount of healing than the others.

I saw no noticeable difference between the paladin who went into the dream and the one outside.

I checked WoW Meter but don´t see the buff from the dream so I can´t check if the one guy just got an absurd amount more stacks, than the others or if there is such a difference in healing machanics that advantages some healer classes more than the others.

So I am interested in:
Is it more advantegous to keep the paladins outside
Are there classes who are more disadvantaged?

Is a certain equip better for that encounter? Our priest healer is very haste oriented and her results were abysmal. And she´s a very good healer otherwise.
Dantriges

Re: [25] Valithria Healers

Postby Belloc » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:38 am

Sounds like your healers going into the dream either don't know how to keep their stack from falling off, or they are bad healers. If it's the first one, it can be fixed.
Belloc

Postby Valkia » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:06 am

I agree with Belloc, during our first attempts and the completion last week we learned how to collect orbs. My shaman healer had 31 stacks and had 13k HPS by himself, I accidentally let my stacks fall off, had 14 at the time, and I only did about 2/3rds the healing he did. Once your healers learn how to roll the stacks then the fight gets shortened by a tremendous amount.
"I would rather suffer 40 seconds of bloodlust and feel sorry about it for 10 min than be Heroic for 40 seconds and a coward rest of the time." Go Horde.
Valkia

Postby Arianne » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:58 pm

The most important part of the fight is not letting Frostbolt Volley go off. If you do then your healers will have their stacks resetting constantly. Generally you have about 5-6 s to refresh your stacks when you get into the dreamworld and having the slow from the frostbolt volley will pretty much make it impossible.

Other than that, your healers will spend a lot of time going in and out of the dreamworld. When they're out they should spam their biggest heal (as a paladin at least). I have a macro that targets VDW and casts beacon, then I spam heal the east tank (or whoever needs it). I'm normally a protection paladin, so my holy gear for this fight is stacked with haste/spellpower and not int.

I managed to get up to around 25 stacks and did around 3 million healing IIRC. Our normal mainspec paladin healers had 3 million and 5 million healing each and our shaman had around 4.5 million healing. We had our druid and holy and disc priest stay outside to heal the raid.

You should always be sending paladins and shaman into the dream as first priority and then holy priest followed by druid and disc priests last (low HPS and good utility for PW:S the raid outside).
Arianne

Postby Argali » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:40 pm

There a "working as intended" feature on shamans double dipping on certain talents for this fight.
Argali

Postby Belloc » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:12 pm

Could you elaborate, Argali?
Belloc

Postby Kriskringle » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:35 pm

Not sure about Shamans, but there's an odd scaling mechanic with the cloud buff that seems to be making Glyph of Holy Light do crazy amounts of healing.

Someone posted this link somewhere on these forums to a log of a 27k eHPS Dreamwalker event. I reposted on my guild forums, then looked closer at the log after our Holy paladin asked a question about Beacon numbers. When I was looking for his answer, I found these:

[21:34:12.383] Blackphantom Holy Light Blackphantom +*0* (O: 70891)
[21:34:12.930] Blackphantom Glyph of Holy Light Valithria Dreamwalker +25249
[21:34:12.930] Blackphantom Beacon of Light Valithria Dreamwalker +67516

[21:35:00.125] Blackphantom Holy Light Blackphantom +*0* (O: 81114)
[21:35:00.771] Blackphantom Glyph of Holy Light Valithria Dreamwalker +33403
[21:35:00.772] Blackphantom Beacon of Light Valithria Dreamwalker +77251

Scrolling farther down, I found the grand champion...

[21:36:27.104] Blackphantom Glyph of Holy Light Valithria Dreamwalker +141613

So, it seems like you should always make sure that your HL target is within splash range of Dreamwalker, then watch the numbers roll in.
Kriskringle - 80 - Duskwood
Greatfather Winter is a sham.
Kriskringle

Postby Argali » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:10 pm

One of my shamans said he was reporting numbers that were higher than what the buff is supposed to give, something something ancestral something. I suppose I should get details.
Argali

Postby Joanadark » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:24 pm

Glyph of Holy Light splash counts as a separate healing source, and thus is getting the multiplicative buff reapplied to it a second time, when it is already a percent of a Holy Light cast already affected.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Levantine » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:09 am

Sounds like it's probably Ancestral Awakening that's playing funky with the % Healing buffs then.
Levantine

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel