[10] Dreamwalker...

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Dreamwalker...

Postby Amirya » Sat May 08, 2010 10:31 am

Talaii wrote:The trick, if you aren't aware, si that they won't cast Lay Waste unless the person who they are targetting is in melee range. Having either you or a hunter standing away from the blazing, and trying to time a taunt for about when the lay waste starts channeling, and you have an extra 3-4 seconds to kill them. It takes a couple of tries to get used to the timing, but it's not hard.

This, I did not know. I'm usually on Abom duty, and sometimes Zombie duty if they try to eat the priest. So I assume it would work that whoever is the target could theoretically kite them too?
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 4001
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: [10] Dreamwalker...

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat May 08, 2010 11:01 am

I had noticed something like that. They'll run in, and stop as if they're about to start casting, but if I hit them with a taunt they'd run again toward me before starting to cast.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 7097
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: [10] Dreamwalker...

Postby Lieris » Mon May 10, 2010 6:02 am

Amirya wrote:So we've been having issues with this fight, keep getting thaaaaat close...

Our usual set up -
Paladin tank (me)
Warrior tank


I solo tank it on both normal and heroic. It's quite a workout but the extra DPS helps otherwise you start getting swarmed much sooner. You should only need one healer outside.
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2181
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

Re: [10] Dreamwalker...

Postby baleogthefierce » Mon May 10, 2010 7:34 am

Lieris wrote:
Amirya wrote:So we've been having issues with this fight, keep getting thaaaaat close...

Our usual set up -
Paladin tank (me)
Warrior tank


I solo tank it on both normal and heroic. It's quite a workout but the extra DPS helps otherwise you start getting swarmed much sooner. You should only need one healer outside.


I've found this to be the easiest method as well. With the extra DPS, it's perfectly viable for one of your ranged with a snare to kite and kill the Blistering Zombies away from the raid/Dreamwalker, which reduces a lot of the outside healing. For control it's much easier to have the Blistering Zombies killed away from the add pile so your melee/tanks aren't taking loads of extra damage or gimping their DPS output by having to run out every time a Blistering Zombie gets low.

I like to tank the pile of adds near the entrance, facing the Abominations toward the door. We basically have one DPS on Archmages for interrupts/kiting into the add pile. I taunt every add that comes through the door into the add pile. This way when Blood Worms come out, you can AoE the add pile and still maintain fairly good DPS on anything else that is alive (including Blazing Skeletons, which should be taunted into the add pile as well). This also makes Archmage interrupts very easy since I can Holy Wrath the add pile if I am unsure that a DPS will be able to catch the interrupt (during a Blazing Skeleton spawn for instance).

This tends to work out very well for our 10-man hard mode group since we usually run melee cleave heavy.
baleogthefierce
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:44 am
Location: Farming Molten Core for my Eye

Re: [10] Dreamwalker...

Postby Amirya » Mon May 10, 2010 8:50 am

Alright, I'll talk to this week's raid leader about going back to me solo tanking.

And I'll have to check with the potential ranged we have - losing one mage, but just picked up another so now there's some option. Have a new hunter, but he had a family emergency last week, so we didn't get to see what he's like in action.

96% was our best yet!
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 4001
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: [10] Dreamwalker...

Postby Flex » Mon May 10, 2010 9:48 am

I saw you mention that you handle specific mob types. In my group I tank one side and the warrior tanks the other side and it works pretty flawlessly for us. So how common is each style?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 7508
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: [10] Dreamwalker...

Postby Belloc » Mon May 10, 2010 10:49 am

My group also has one tank, per side, grabbing everything. I generally pull everything to the rectangular area.

Honestly, the only mob I'd ever consider letting go is the lich, and that's only on non-heroic. When I'm on my warlock, I get sooooo annoyed when people let the zombies go untanked and stuff. Those groups are usually the groups letting frost volleys go off, so we're slowed for a good chunk of the fight. Two melee swings from a zombie and you have a dead caster.
User avatar
Belloc
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Silent Earth

Re: [10] Dreamwalker...

Postby baleogthefierce » Mon May 10, 2010 11:00 am

Belloc wrote:My group also has one tank, per side, grabbing everything. I generally pull everything to the rectangular area.

Honestly, the only mob I'd ever consider letting go is the lich, and that's only on non-heroic. When I'm on my warlock, I get sooooo annoyed when people let the zombies go untanked and stuff. Those groups are usually the groups letting frost volleys go off, so we're slowed for a good chunk of the fight. Two melee swings from a zombie and you have a dead caster.


This is definitely the cleaner method once your healers don't fail at maintaining their stacks in the portals.
baleogthefierce
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:44 am
Location: Farming Molten Core for my Eye

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest