[10] Dreamwalker...

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Dreamwalker...

Postby Belloc » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:55 am

There's no reason for healers to ever lose their stacks. Healers should immediately take the portals, get as many orbs as possible, and heal their asses off. When new portals spawn, take them and repeat.
Belloc

Postby smiter » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:11 am

So should the the one healer staying out for raid heals just stay out the whole time? And the other two take them every single time?
smiter

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:45 am

smiter wrote:So should the the one healer staying out for raid heals just stay out the whole time? And the other two take them every single time?

Yes. You can send a 3rd caster DPS in for the achievement, and for fun one-shot-adds mode.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:36 am

Tip: If you have a holy paladin going in, have them cast sacred shield --> flash of light on a tank before taking portals. This won't do much at the start, but it will be ticking for very high amounts after taking a portal or two.
Belloc

Postby smiter » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:20 pm

Belloc wrote:Tip: If you have a holy paladin going in, have them cast sacred shield --> flash of light on a tank before taking portals. This won't do much at the start, but it will be ticking for very high amounts after taking a portal or two.

Ok thank you! I am going to have a talk with my healers tonight and let them know this all. I also read up on seperate forum (the light and how to swing it, which I guess is like maintankadin for holly pally's) that they should be gearing/gemming for spell power on this fight since with emerald vigor they should not have any mana issues...have you heard this?
smiter

Postby Belloc » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:38 pm

Yeah -- unless they stand in the mana-void-zone, Valithria healers should never have any mana problems.
Belloc

Postby smiter » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:43 pm

Belloc wrote:Yeah -- unless they stand in the mana-void-zone, Valithria healers should never have any mana problems.

Yes that would not be good.
smiter

Postby Shathus » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:00 pm

smiter wrote:
Belloc wrote:Tip: If you have a holy paladin going in, have them cast sacred shield --> flash of light on a tank before taking portals. This won't do much at the start, but it will be ticking for very high amounts after taking a portal or two.

Ok thank you! I am going to have a talk with my healers tonight and let them know this all. I also read up on seperate forum (the light and how to swing it, which I guess is like maintankadin for holly pally's) that they should be gearing/gemming for spell power on this fight since with emerald vigor they should not have any mana issues...have you heard this?

I wouldn't even really worry about gemming for SP (unless it's old gear just for this fight). Biggest thing is to just swap to SP trinkets, and use the EoT trinket and that should be enough really. As other confirmed, just don't lose stacks and it's cake. I'm usually between 21 and 30 (depending on how well i did) when we win around 5-5:30 minutes.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby smiter » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:31 am

Shathus wrote:I wouldn't even really worry about gemming for SP (unless it's old gear just for this fight). Biggest thing is to just swap to SP trinkets, and use the EoT trinket and that should be enough really. As other confirmed, just don't lose stacks and it's cake. I'm usually between 21 and 30 (depending on how well i did) when we win around 5-5:30 minutes.

Thank you for the advice. I am pretty sure it was the healers that were the issue. I was talking in vent to our pally healer last night and she said she only ever hit about 6 stacks. I asked if she was using crusader aura/aura mastery in the dream state and she said she was not. I also do not think any of the healers did any trinket/gear swapping to up their spell power. I think once they do the gear swap and get used to getting the stacks our attempts will get closer. I just guess they are not used to this kind of fight since it's such a change from the norm.
smiter

Postby Shathus » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:49 am

smiter wrote:Thank you for the advice. I am pretty sure it was the healers that were the issue. I was talking in vent to our pally healer last night and she said she only ever hit about 6 stacks. I asked if she was using crusader aura/aura mastery in the dream state and she said she was not. I also do not think any of the healers did any trinket/gear swapping to up their spell power. I think once they do the gear swap and get used to getting the stacks our attempts will get closer. I just guess they are not used to this kind of fight since it's such a change from the norm.

Also, (at least for us) depending on your stack levels, when the dragon is in upper 80 to 90% healed, just ignore the portals, bloodlust and pop your wings. A paladin can pretty much solo heal the last million before the debuff wears off. Plus to take advantage of the HL splash, just heal yourself and stand next to the dragon.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby smiter » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:04 am

Also, (at least for us) depending on your stack levels, when the dragon is in upper 80 to 90% healed, just ignore the portals, bloodlust and pop your wings. A paladin can pretty much solo heal the last million before the debuff wears off. Plus to take advantage of the HL splash, just heal yourself and stand next to the dragon.[/quote]

I wish we got that close...I think our best attempt was 60% or so...didn't even come close to 90% and that was with about 1min left on soft enrage timer.
smiter

Postby Belloc » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:08 pm

That's a case of stacks dropping and healers not healing the dragon. There's no other way. Your two Valithria healers must take every portal, never drop stacks, and only heal other targets if it is to prevent a wipe.
Belloc

Postby Raivnor » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:45 am

If your healers are having stack issues you can sometimes 'limp' to the finish line by using 4 healers, 1 tank, and 5 dps. It's really messy, and healers will still need to get some stacks, but it won't be as much of a 'get 30 stacks or you die' style encounter.
Raivnor

Postby Amirya » Fri May 07, 2010 9:38 pm

So we've been having issues with this fight, keep getting thaaaaat close...

Our usual set up -
Paladin tank (me)
Warrior tank

Holy paladin
Holy priest
Resto shaman

Blood DK
Feral druid
Arcane mage
Affliction warlock
?? <-- We did have another holy paladin, and either the priest or shaman would go dps, but so far, we've had fails in this spot

Our problem isn't the shaman and paladin who are healing Dreamwalker, it's the rest of the raid. Our holy priest is raid healing, and she's frequently going OOM. She said she's finding it incredibly hard to heal me, even with me using Seal of Light and Judgement of Light. A lot of times, it's the Lay Waste that hits once, and/or the numbers of rot worms.

Any tips to make this easier?

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Talaii » Sat May 08, 2010 6:27 am

Amirya wrote:So we've been having issues with this fight, keep getting thaaaaat close...

Our problem isn't the shaman and paladin who are healing Dreamwalker, it's the rest of the raid. Our holy priest is raid healing, and she's frequently going OOM. She said she's finding it incredibly hard to heal me, even with me using Seal of Light and Judgement of Light. A lot of times, it's the Lay Waste that hits once, and/or the numbers of rot worms.

Feral druid can feed her innervates, and make sure the shaman drops mana tide when the priest needs it (when he's up, obviously).

Also, once you get used to taunting the blazings, it's pretty easy to avoid getting any Lay Wastes. The trick, if you aren't aware, si that they won't cast Lay Waste unless the person who they are targetting is in melee range. Having either you or a hunter standing away from the blazing, and trying to time a taunt for about when the lay waste starts channeling, and you have an extra 3-4 seconds to kill them. It takes a couple of tries to get used to the timing, but it's not hard.
Talaii

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel