Remove Advertisements

[10] Arthas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Arthas

Postby Faro » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:25 pm

Figured I'd ask since I didn't see any other threads discussing it. The word as I last heard it was that you had to have a DK to deathgrip the valk that tries to take your raid member. Can anybody confirm or deny this, because that seems rather...against Blizzard's policy to do something like that.
"Safiyas, if you don't stop screwing up I'm going to replace you with someone that has a Y chromosome." -Laethalas
Nikachelle on the Jewelcrafting Nerf- "Called my boyfriend up and told him. Think I ruined his day. :s"
Faro

Re: [10] Arthas

Postby Joanadark » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:27 pm

There are many, many, many, many, MANY ways to stop the valkyrie from accomplishing what the Valkyrie is trying to accomplish. Death grip is only ONE of those ways.

Stop freaking out and throwing Bring the Player, Not the Class around when you barely know anything about the fight.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Faro » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:31 pm

Joanadark wrote:There are many, many, many, many, MANY ways to stop the valkyrie from accomplishing what the Valkyrie is trying to accomplish. Death grip is only ONE of those ways.

Stop freaking out and throwing Bring the Player, Not the Class around when you barely know anything about the fight.

I wasn't trying to freak out, I was asking a question that was presented to me in guild chat.

I do appreciate the answer through the tone, though.
"Safiyas, if you don't stop screwing up I'm going to replace you with someone that has a Y chromosome." -Laethalas
Nikachelle on the Jewelcrafting Nerf- "Called my boyfriend up and told him. Think I ruined his day. :s"
Faro

Postby Joanadark » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:34 pm

Valkyrie are stunable, snareable, death-grippable, slowable, and subject to push-back mechanics like those of ele shaman and boomkin.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Aubade » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:59 pm

Joanadark wrote:Valkyrie are stunable, snareable, death-grippable, slowable, and subject to push-back mechanics like those of ele shaman and boomkin.

Why does noone remember http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=42945
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Absalom » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:33 pm

Our video is now available:

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlxcNMltpU8
Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_3eDWwDKfE

Edit: 720P is up for both parts.
Last edited by Absalom on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Absalom

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:06 am

Congrats on the kill. We did a handful of pulls on him tonight and got him to the mid 60s while people frantically read off debuff tooltips. Watching a Valkyr fly away with the one living healer was a hoot. :]

What kind of raid comp are people bringing? We switched to 2h/1t when it didn't look like the 2nd tank had much to do, but we haven't been that deep into the fight. Mob pathing is still something of a bitch, sadly.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Neara » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:39 am

Absalom wrote:Our video is now available:

I apologise that there is no high-quality version yet.

<3 the nerd-screams :D
Neara

Postby Joanadark » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:25 am

lol firstaidspec got excited.
Joanadark

Postby Treck » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:36 am

Absalom wrote:Our video is now available:

Awesome fight is epic.
Seems your just raw dpsing down the horrors in P1, just like we are. I see some guilds using the plauge to kill them tho, and im guessing its benefitial since it would go faster, but the fact you did it like this shows its more than doable. We seem to have little problem with P1, efen if its taking long 4-5 horrors or so aswell (depending on the luck a bit) having the plauge ppl run in to the big adds would speed up the P1 slightly atleast.
We have also tried solotanking him, since i dont really see much use for the 2nd tank more than in only P1, and im guessing a dps more would prolly help in the later phases. Also tried going down to 2 healers, but noticed that if a healer gets grabbed by valkyrs, its a dead tank, or raid, depending on what healer. I would prolly wanna try with 1 tank 3 healers, since that would clear up one more dps for the later phases. Is there much point? or just easier playing it safe with 2 tanks 3 healers? The tank does take an enourmous amount of damage from the boss all throughout P3, with some 44k spikes, then his meele hits for shitloads from time to time aswell.
Also P4? with the vile spirits atleast i see them aoed down mostly, a few reaching its target but not killing anyone. I see multishot from the hunter, and aoe from the priest aswell as the DK, any reason the mage isnt aoeing? i would guess its cuz they are so high up the air maybe blizzard cant reach them? And what the hell happends in the "frostmourne room"? xD
Last phase was truly epic. Im guessing hes just enraging on 15%, doing the RP of awesome, its just to dps him down? I wonder how much time you got to kill him in the end tho. But if everyone is ressed (and ppl dont release :P) and theres no damage taken on the raid in that phase, im guessing its a no issue if your that far allready.
Last edited by Treck on Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Treck

Postby Valoel » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:08 am

great vid :)

could someone explain to me what necrotic plague is doing and how to best use it in this encounter? We tried 3 attempts last night before people had to go sleep and we pushed him to p2 once. None of us really knew what we were doing. We had warrior tank tanking lk in the middle of the room and i would pick up all the adds and just tank him on LK with the big add facing away from anyone so that shockwave would only hit me.

We saw the plague flying about and people were cleansing it. I noticed that when the plague spread to the adds why would just drop as i was seeing 1050000 numbers flying on screen from ghouls and they would just drop...

Our final attempt resulted in us standing at the edge of the platform, LK saying something about watch your world fall apart and then wtf the floor fell away :)
Valoel

Postby Treck » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:11 am

If dispelled, it jumps to a new target if it can.
Deals 100k damage per stack every 5sec for 15sec.
Can jump to the adds.
Basicly run into the adds then get dispelled.
Treck

Postby blakk » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:38 am

<3 the nerd-gasms when everyone rezzed :D
blakk

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:44 am

One thing we noticed was when the floor dropped, a number of the adds fell off as well. I'm wondering if we can use some clever positioning to drop all the mobs left up from P1 when he goes to shatter the ring.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:29 am

You can use saronite bombs to respawn the platform!

Oh, wait...
Belloc

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel