Remove Advertisements

[10/25] Lady Deathwhisper Weekly Quest Info

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10/25] Lady Deathwhisper Weekly Quest Info

Postby Horanur » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:16 pm

Greetings Fellow tankadins,

I created a new post since this does not fall into the general fight mechanics or the achievement. The purpose of this is to provide a warning about the extra add for the newly implemented raid weekly.

You accept a quest from an infiltrator outside here room, it involved saving a spy named "Darnavan", who has become mind controlled by Lady Deathwhisper. What this means is that he will spawn during the fight, and must survive to the end of the encounter.

Darnavan is an arms warrior mob:
-390k HP (25)
-Bladestorm
-Charge/Hamstring (I think)
- *Cower Fear*
- Spawned from first add wave during encounter

I highly recommend just bringing an extra tank and having him off in a corner somewhere, preferably someone with a movement-speed debuff like a warrior or DK. Kiting may also be possible. You could also have your 3rd tank (if you run 3 in 25 man) pick him up and have the add from the stairs MD'd to one of the side-tanks.

His key ability is a "cower" type debuff, not sure if it is AE or single target, but it drops you from threat, causing him to go bladestorming into your raid group.

He is immune to CC, and a pain in general to control. He is also vary squishy, so loosing control can result in his untimely demise. Having him offtanked by a dedicated person is the wisest course, having him close enough to a 2nd tank with a taunt-macro is highly encouraged. Should be able to pop out of his cower, but having someone to snag him in the meantime while you recover is a good idea.

Hope this helps, please add any other methods for controlling him here, maybe some kite tactics!
Horanur

Re: [10/25] Lady Deathwhisper Weekly Quest Info

Postby DeadMilliken » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:08 pm

Here's what we did...and it worked pretty well.

Whichever side he spawns on...tank there tanks him for 10-20sec to put a chunk of threat on him.
Back tank add then picks him up.

Result: Cower shoots him to 1st tank...and not the raid.
DeadMilliken

Postby Cheroz » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:33 am

Any suggestions on how to do this 10 man then, where we only have two tanks? Does he hit soft enough where a plate dps can tank him? Or does he hit soft enough for the tanks to tank him as well as the boss concurrently? If you do that, you bring him in the middle of any aoe attacks on the boss as well, which might kill him. On a side note, we had the Air boat mini boss/quest last night. Extremely easy but had 6.5 million health or so. He has an attack that shoots you up, but not really a knock back and doesn't hit very hard. Pretty much a tank and spank and takes a little bit to kill him. Make sure you have people grouped up. Ranged and healers group up on top of one another and the mellee in another group.
Cheroz

Postby Belloc » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:22 am

If I ever get this quest on 10-man, I'll have one of my DPS either put on their tank gear or go full tank spec.

Alternatively... this is a 1-tank fight until the last phase. Hold DPS when the OT needs to taunt the boss.
Belloc

Postby Chicken » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:24 am

That or just have both tanks swap roles whenever it's needed. So the tank on Lady Deathwhisper taunts Darnavan, the tank on Darnavan taunts Lady Deathwhisper. That way you keep him away from incidental AoE attacks, swap tanks on Lady Deathwhisper, and you do not require an extra tank.
Chicken

Postby Avengeance » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:29 am

You can acutally solo tank last phase if you have a hunter or a rogue. When i was doing full house we used 1 tank tanking the adds, and other tank solo tank P2 with misdirects, salvations and clever use of deaggro abilties from DPS.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Rojhaz » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:55 am

This guy does something other than stand in the back and be a very small annoyance? We used one tank on him and no one died from his deaggro. I didn't even know he had one.
Rojhaz

Postby Solare » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:14 am

Chicken wrote:That or just have both tanks swap roles whenever it's needed. So the tank on Lady Deathwhisper taunts Darnavan, the tank on Darnavan taunts Lady Deathwhisper. That way you keep him away from incidental AoE attacks, swap tanks on Lady Deathwhisper, and you do not require an extra tank.

In my 10-man, we did this^ A'la tank-swapping Four-Horsemen in Naxxramas. You haven't forgotten about tier 7 content, have you? xD Have your tanks fire up those memories, if only for old-time's sake.
Solare

Postby Horanur » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:43 pm

In 25 man we just brought an extra tank, no biggie.

In 10 man we used 2 tanks as normal, and swaped mobs ala 4-Horseman :)

In other words: When i picked up boss, he picked up Darnavan, and vice-versa.
Horanur

Postby Faro » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:42 am

Horanur wrote:- Spawned from first add wave during encounter

He spawned from the second wave for me in 10m.
"Safiyas, if you don't stop screwing up I'm going to replace you with someone that has a Y chromosome." -Laethalas
Nikachelle on the Jewelcrafting Nerf- "Called my boyfriend up and told him. Think I ruined his day. :s"
Faro

Postby Amirya » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:46 pm

We got this clown tonight.

He spawns at random from the waves.

What we did is have the second tank aggro him, then go up and dps Deathwhisper's shield. I was the one running from side to side, picking up adds. It worked well, except for when dps started to die from being overrun.

Some things to keep in mind - make sure Ret Aura is off. Make sure there are no thorns. Stay away from your raid's AoE, and pets.

Otherwise, seemed to work well enough (inexperienced/low dps hurt us)
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:45 am

We got this one this week on 10 man. We had some trouble with him at first, so we brought in a third tank. Very easy so long as you can manage the adds with one less dps. The Darnavan tank was bored to tears.

(We actually spent a long time wiping, but that wasn't because of the achievement, in the end it was because one melee dps and a couple hunters weren't able to manage two Adherents at once, and we were being slowly overrun.)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Threatco » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:34 am

My 25 man had a rough night this saturday. The few pugs were doing very bad.

Took us 4 attempts to down DW. And on that attempt 2 pugs decided to kill the quest add on their own even though no one was touching him in the previous attempts. :?
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby hthomas13 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:10 am

Very, very...VERY easy on 10 man. I had a warrior solo tank the adds for each wave and myself, a pally, tank darnavan. I believe a druid HoT'd me and that was more than enough. End deal...we had 1 pally healer, 1 druid healer...warrior picked up Darnavan when p2 hit and I used wings and all the goodies to establish threat...from then on the raid used all forms of MDs and aggro drops in coincidence with Heroism and I used t9 2pc for lower time on taunt...worked like a charm.
hthomas13

Postby Senador » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:18 am

On 10, we just taunt swapped him and kept him off to the side. Was fairly simple, and worked like horsemen in Naxx. Mostly this was done so that overzealous melee wouldn't kill him by mistake.

By far the funniest part was when our Holy Paladin tried to be lazy and Bubble/heal through Death and Decay instead of moving, and got Shattering Throwed and died before he realized what happened...
Senador

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel