[10/25] VoA - Toravon

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] VoA - Toravon

Postby Valkia » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:52 am

lucem wrote:can anyone confirm the loot? and did anyone get hands or legs from either 10 or 25. Allakazham doesnt show them in the drop posibilities nor does thottbot because this would change the priorities on my frost emblem spending a bit

We killed him on 10 and 25 man back to back. I got the 264 tank paladin gloves and the tree in our group got the 264 pants. Saw similar on 10 man with DK gloves and priest gloves.

I will say this about the fight. If I rewind time and look at the fights for when you were supposed to be there gear wise, like Archavon when in heroic gear, this guy is actually way easier that Koralon was at the time of release. Archavon was the only easier one. We went in and said, "Kill adds", and beat him down, was so easy it was crazy.
"I would rather suffer 40 seconds of bloodlust and feel sorry about it for 10 min than be Heroic for 40 seconds and a coward rest of the time." Go Horde.
Valkia

Postby bldavis » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:47 am

Chicken wrote:
lucem wrote:can anyone confirm the loot? and did anyone get hands or legs from either 10 or 25. Allakazham doesnt show them in the drop posibilities nor does thottbot because this would change the priorities on my frost emblem spending a bit
I've seen both gloves and legs from different tier 10 sets drop. While not specifically any of the Paladin set items, I'd guess he drops all the different types of gloves and legs. 10-man version drops the "basic" (item level 251) version, 25-man the "upgraded" (item level 264) version.

I pugged this on 10, and both items were huntard items, i think the gloves and the hunter/shaman chest

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby lucem » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:33 pm

i ran this on saturday but there were no gloves or pants, but i did manage to get a mammoth from it
lucem

Postby Zobel » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:43 am

Guess pugs didn't find Toravon easy enough:
In the Toravon encounter, the effect of the Whiteout debuff has been reduced. Additionally, the damage done by Frozen Orbs has been reduced.
Zobel

Postby balloonknot » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:26 pm

killed him by 4-5 whiteout's in all my runs, pugged this on 3 characters on both 10/25 man.

Tanking it was pretty much a joke, no special frost gear used, just taunted when clear on 3 to 4 stacks.

healing it isn't too bad, 2 healed 10 man with me on my disc priest and a pug holy paly, i thought it was going to suck without any real aoe healing besides shield spam and PoH, both of us were at 5.2k HPS+absorbs for the fight (wow meters online numbers on the absorbs) and he still made it to 5 whiteouts though, the dps sucked.

The orbs do have seem to have a threat table tho, i could reliably grab agro on them with my hunter and kite/disengage them around the room away from the raid, they are also tauntable, at least with distracting shot, could likely nullify almost all the raid damage from them with a pair of hunters playing distracting shot ping pong.
balloonknot

Postby yappo » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:15 am

Has been reduced??? Has been removed would be a better description.

First week poor dps would actually wipe the raid as whiteouts chewed us up. Now we get one or possibly two extra whiteouts, which translates to 45 or 90 extra seconds of free bombing as the orbs do little to no measurable damage.

25-man went down on little better than 3k:ish average dps. We almost hit the enrage on Koralon after Toravon was down.

On a more constructive note. Just pull Ony-style and park in one of the nooks. The rest is Gormok normal-mode tanking with ICC loot.
yappo

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel