[10/25] VoA - Toravon

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: T10-Toravon

Postby Thornir » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:13 pm

Flex wrote:Way too easy of a boss. Taunt cycle was "Taunt when your debuff falls off" and the orbs blew up quite easily.

In order of difficulty, I'd say:

early 3.1 Emalon > Toravon > Koralon (just barely) > a heaping of wet noodles > Archavon
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

*Now with 100% more beef!*
Thornir

Postby bldavis » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:02 pm

so Toravon is barely harder then Kor, the loot pinata? (i know its spelled wrong)

and dont get me started on Arch, you just have to sneeze at him and you get loot anymore

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Chicken » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:04 pm

bldavis wrote:so Toravon is barely harder then Kor, the loot pinata? (i know its spelled wrong)

and dont get me started on Arch, you just have to sneeze at him and you get loot anymore
It's VoA, it's meant to be capable of being done with a ragtag group of pretty much anything. There's a reason they nerfed Emalon from his original incarnation since he was simply too hard for most PUGs. If you want a challenge look elsewhere.
Chicken

Postby Neara » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:50 pm

did it today in 10man .. solo-tanked him, he hit the floor by the time i hit ~10 stacks. freeloot is free
Neara

Postby Shathus » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:28 am

Did this last night on 10 man. Pretty boring fight from a tank's perspective. My AD went off once, and my health dipped pretty low a couple times with high stacks. We were switching at 4, but sometimes I got up to 5 (or maybe 6 once) and the dot was ticking for 12k. Forgot to check what our DPS looked like, though did have one alt in there. Think he died when Frostbite was stacked to 3?
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:30 am

Sigh. We had multiple wipes on 25 man. Faildps is fail.

10 man? A snap.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:45 pm

thats it im doing this when i get home, barring a miracle and horde acutally winning WG for once on Drenden

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Dem » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:49 am

Solo tanked this in a 10 man pug for a bit of fun. Stuck on the plate frost res gear for about 420 resistance with frost aura. Still about 50k stam with 10 man buffs.
Took 10 stacks, taunt bubbled, took 10 more, boss dead.
Healers reported damage was easily manageable - about 600k total I think.
Dem

Postby bldavis » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:32 am

bldavis wrote:thats it im doing this when i get home, barring a miracle and horde acutally winning WG for once on Drenden

by the time i got on, WG was in progress, we got stomped

and i couldnt stay up for 2hrs just to get it back and not find a raid so i went to bed, hopefully tonight

bldavis

Postby Zobel » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:37 am

"How many stacks should we take" is only a question for the initial taunt. After that, just taunt whenever your own stacks have fallen off.

Should be easy enough for even the most mouthbreathing of pug tanks to understand.
Zobel

Postby lucem » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:10 am

bldavis wrote:
bldavis wrote:thats it im doing this when i get home, barring a miracle and horde acutally winning WG for once on Drenden

by the time i got on, WG was in progress, we got stomped

and i couldnt stay up for 2hrs just to get it back and not find a raid so i went to bed, hopefully tonight

well at least you have wintergrasp from time to time, in hyjal the horde has had it for about 3 days in a row without interruption
lucem

Postby bldavis » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:18 am

btw, im alliance, just in case you couldnt tell :twisted:

bldavis

Re: [10/25] VoA - Toravon

Postby guillex » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:41 pm

I've edited the subject title to more accurately reflect the discussion.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby lucem » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:30 am

can anyone confirm the loot? and did anyone get hands or legs from either 10 or 25. Allakazham doesnt show them in the drop posibilities nor does thottbot because this would change the priorities on my frost emblem spending a bit
lucem

Postby Chicken » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:22 pm

lucem wrote:can anyone confirm the loot? and did anyone get hands or legs from either 10 or 25. Allakazham doesnt show them in the drop posibilities nor does thottbot because this would change the priorities on my frost emblem spending a bit
I've seen both gloves and legs from different tier 10 sets drop. While not specifically any of the Paladin set items, I'd guess he drops all the different types of gloves and legs. 10-man version drops the "basic" (item level 251) version, 25-man the "upgraded" (item level 264) version.
Chicken

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel