[10/25] VoA - Toravon

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10/25] VoA - Toravon

Postby lucem » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:44 pm

So the new VOA boss has been added, he has frostbite stacking debuff, enrage soft timer and adds that have no threat table. But other than that can anyone tell me more specific data, i have been unable to find it elsewhere.
What is the timer for the soft enrage? what are the drops %, assuming he drops t10 gloves/pants?

anyways just my two cents
lucem

Re: T10-Toravon

Postby blkthunder » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:14 pm

Ya my OT today didnt know that you had to taunt for debuff stacks. So after i Bubbled out of the first 10 stack I eventually died to the second 12 stack. Was an interesting fight. I didnt like getting yelled at for taking too much dmg.
.............................Do not go gentle into that good night.............................
...........................Rage, rage against the dying of the light...........................
blkthunder

Postby lucem » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:40 pm

ya i didn't know at what debuff stack to taunt, so we were doing it at 5, which was ok and it didnt really affect the outcome. What did affect it was that the dps couldnt burn him down quick enough, which meant the soft enrages stacked and he wiped us both tanks 3 times.
So hence my question about the enrage timers to know what is the maximum time one has to burn him down
lucem

Postby Thornir » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:52 pm

I've run both the 10 man and the 25 man versions of this fight with mostly pugs.

People started dying around 5-6 stacks (20/25 and 5/10, including my OT in 10 man) of the soft-enrage-debuff, so I think that's a pretty good goal. If you have a pretty awesome group I could seen you going to maybe the 8th or 9th stack, but I don't think anyone should live past the 10th unless godlike coordination and positioning are involved, but I could be wrong.
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

*Now with 100% more beef!*
Thornir

Postby Aethera » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:48 pm

A little bit of frost resist goes a long way. With just the ony ring over the normal ring i use and a 50 res flask I took 25% less damage than the other tank.

Even for DPS it'll help out the healers a great deal.

This fight is a DPS race against whiteout but i feel it's ultimately a control fight. No one got 1 shot until the end where everybody was at half health already and the 7th whiteout wiped the raid.

We (pallys) can also reset whiteout with a bubble macro =)
Aethera

Postby kaehl » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:54 am

Did this on both 10 and 25 yesterday from all positions (tank/dps/healer). First tank takes 4-5 stacks, second tank taunts. In 10 man, MT/OT can taunt orbs (while other tank has boss, naturally) when they spawn and they WILL stick to you for a short bit. I let it go after a dps/healer for a couple seconds then taunted it to reverse it's direction. By the time it turned around again, the ranged dps had it down. MT taunts boss back as soon as his original 5 stack is gone and the MT/OT go into a back and forth pattern of taunting whenever each tank's stacks fall off (works out to 3-4 stacks). Rolled cooldowns once whiteouts were reaching 4-5 stacks (around 10-15% boss hp).

In 25 man we straight zerged him with no regard to anything. DPS nuked orbs when they spawned, tanks just taunted back and forth after the initial 5 stack whenever their stacks dropped off. This turned out being a measily 3-4 stacks each at any given time. Of course, this was a fully geared ICC raid group.
kaehl

Postby honorshammer » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:32 am

I wonder if wearing my Hodir Hard Mode gear would make sense for this.
honorshammer

Postby Senador » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:35 am

You can juggle at 3 stacks, its enough time for it to fade off the other tank, and keeps damage down even after several stacks of the stacking buff.

Apparently you can Disarm/Dismantle him, not sure if this actually does anything but takes the club out of his hand though, but if it cuts his damage, late in the fight it might be worth it.
Senador

Postby yappo » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:50 am

Just got him down on 10.

Switched at 6 stacks, which got my co-tank killed twice (did this with my "pre-raid" geared alt-tankadin).

I guess we were pretty lucky as well. AD kicked in and I had to burn just about every CD I had, including the Skeleton Key one.

I'd advice switching at 5.
yappo

Re: T10-Toravon PUG Guide

Postby Horanur » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:26 am

First off, i consider this fight easier than Koralon. The damage is less "bursty" from this guy on the raid than in the Koralon encounter. And it increases at a consistant rate. The challenge for PUGS will be purely DPS related.

Tanks:
You need 2 tanks, swap at 3 or 4 stacks to minimize damage. I honestly dont think frost gear is necessary but if you have it, use it.

Adds:
There will be orbs that roam around dealing AE damage in a (5 yd?) radius. Damage swaps to those and burns them down ASAP. They aren't a big deal at first but become increasingly troublesome as your frost damage taken increases. (From Whiteout)

Positioning:
I recommend using a semi-circle formation to leave half the room open for people to run to, bringing the adds with them once they're targetted. Only lethal raid damage comes from multiple frost orbs being in the same area, so keep that in mind!

DPS:
I recommend using all DPS cooldowns + Heroism/Bloodlust right off the bat. This way you are sure to maximize damage by having CD's in sync with hero (Plus everyone is guaranteed to be alive). The "Whiteout" debuff is a timed event, not a HP event, so high damage later in the fight isn't any more useful than high damage early on.

To Carry a PUG:
If you find yourself pugging this, make sure the orbs die fast, thats the best thing you can contribute to an otherwise clueless raid.
Horanur

Postby Belloc » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:48 am

yappo wrote:Just got him down on 10.

Switched at 6 stacks, which got my co-tank killed twice (did this with my "pre-raid" geared alt-tankadin).

I guess we were pretty lucky as well. AD kicked in and I had to burn just about every CD I had, including the Skeleton Key one.

I'd advice switching at 5.

Switch as soon as the debuff falls off -- 3 stacks. This worked for us in both 10 and 25-man. You should definitely never go over 4 stacks. All it does is add extra damage to your tanks... which, as a completely controllable DoT, is completely unacceptable.
Belloc

Postby Flex » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:41 pm

Way too easy of a boss. Taunt cycle was "Taunt when your debuff falls off" and the orbs blew up quite easily.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Ziggi » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:07 pm

we did him after icc 25 and 10 last night i think we switched at like 3 but it was dead before i even realized it... oh and he dropped me some prot gloves
Ziggi - Relentless - Shattered Hand
Ziggtastic - 80 Tankadin
Ziggi

Postby lucem » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:20 pm

well i supose it is an easy fight tank wise, but it just meant it doesnt depend on you. Ive only been able to run this guy once on a pug.
DPS was unable to burn him down so we wiped, and now as usual the alliance never has control of wintergrasp :(
lucem

Postby bldavis » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:06 pm

lucem wrote:well i supose it is an easy fight tank wise, but it just meant it doesnt depend on you. Ive only been able to run this guy once on a pug.
DPS was unable to burn him down so we wiped, and now as usual the alliance never has control of wintergrasp :(

come to Drenden US Alliance almost ALWAYS has WG

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel