Remove Advertisements

[10/25] Valithria Dreamwalker

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] Valithria Dreamwalker

Postby Argali » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:19 am

Donahu wrote:If you are doing it right the healers don't have to "fight" each other for orbs. When it explodes it gives the buff to everyone near it. The best thing to do is move together with other healers near the same portal as you. Don't all scatter and try to be the first to every orb etc. Just move as a group/pack and get them that way.

The explosion seems to be very small, and being a blood elf with the always buggy/petite hitbox, I find that you're always fighting with other healers, intentional or not.
Argali

Postby Donahu » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:18 pm

Well I was healing in tauren form as a moonkin (DON'T ASK!) so I guess that'd make a difference. I just followed around our Undead priest and let him hit them. I guess the explosion would seem a little bigger that way.
Donahu

Postby Argali » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:29 am

Donahu wrote:Well I was healing in tauren form as a moonkin (DON'T ASK!) so I guess that'd make a difference. I just followed around our Undead priest and let him hit them. I guess the explosion would seem a little bigger that way.

Don't ask, don't tell?
Argali

Postby Vlad » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:40 am

I have a couple of question about this fight as my guild got it down so easily in 10man (both g1 and 2, and g3 would of but had to call it early)but had at least 20-30 wipes over 2 weeks in 25man.

1:I hear there is a prot paladin strat for this where I take the portals to build up an unreasonably large stack then pop avenging wrath+trinket to increase health and LoH the boss for an unreasonable number. Anyone tried this, is it worth it, how big should the stack be etc.

2: How many healers, what class's should be taking the portals etc just a general strat check really as I'm sure we're doing something wrong. (Best attempt took 8minutes and I think the boss's health was only 80-85%)
Vlad

Postby hoho » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:59 am

1) loh from a prot is roughly the size of 2-3 non-crit HL from holy pala but has a LOT lower crit chance. Why waste a raidspot for someone who will use just a single heal over the fight? It's by far better to have FoL specced/geared holy palas to stack obscene amount of stacks and bombheal the boss with >100k 50%+ crit rating holy lights.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby deigo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:34 am

hoho wrote:1) loh from a prot is roughly the size of 2-3 non-crit HL from holy pala but has a LOT lower crit chance. Why waste a raidspot for someone who will use just a single heal over the fight? It's by far better to have FoL specced/geared holy palas to stack obscene amount of stacks and bombheal the boss with >100k 50%+ crit rating holy lights.

Agreed! Dont do this. I did it today in our 25 (with out taking the portals) and i dont think her health bar even moved :P .

We also heard of a bug where a blood dk with mark of blood, could place this mark on one of the adds that attacks Dreamwalker and she would receive a ridiculous amount of healing. Dont know if it was covered on this post yet, but it wont work. (Gay i know right)

Best healers we found where Hpallies, Resto druids and shammies. Top parse so far was a H pally. I'll link it below if it helps.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/33j5pq2xx9ijvhcx/dashboard/?s=8496&e=8867
deigo

Postby hoho » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:44 am

Deigo wrote:Best healers we found where Hpallies, Resto druids and shammies. Top parse so far was a H pally. I'll link it below if it helps.

I see your 14k hps and raise it by extra 13k:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-z ... ackphantom

:)
http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/pla ... r/25N/hps/
Leap of Faith:
hoho

Postby deigo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:26 am

Touche sir.... Touche.

Now stop bragging and go kill Sindrogosa already :P.
deigo

Postby Threatco » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:53 pm

I wish to improve my role as dragon healer holy priest.

I take every portal, I stack my buff to 40+. But I have to spend 3/4 of my time in the portal. Is it realy worth it? It must be I just dont know how much the buff effects healing. How much per stack is it?

By the end, when I have 40 stacks, a GS + trinket CDs + Haste pot + Bloodlust pushes Val from 80%-100 in seconds. So it must be worth it..

Just seems weird to spend 3/4 (mabey 1/2) your time floating around after green balls.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Apollya » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Deigo wrote:
hoho wrote:1) loh from a prot is roughly the size of 2-3 non-crit HL from holy pala but has a LOT lower crit chance. Why waste a raidspot for someone who will use just a single heal over the fight? It's by far better to have FoL specced/geared holy palas to stack obscene amount of stacks and bombheal the boss with >100k 50%+ crit rating holy lights.

Agreed! Dont do this. I did it today in our 25 (with out taking the portals) and i dont think her health bar even moved :P .

We also heard of a bug where a blood dk with mark of blood, could place this mark on one of the adds that attacks Dreamwalker and she would receive a ridiculous amount of healing. Dont know if it was covered on this post yet, but it wont work. (Gay i know right)

Best healers we found where Hpallies, Resto druids and shammies. Top parse so far was a H pally. I'll link it below if it helps.

Completely agree, would be wasted to take a portal and grab orbs. As so many say Healers will simply gain so much more benefit by grabbing them and constant healing than you as Prot will.

I instead do use LoH on the fight but still remain tank. Basically I HoL Spam right at the start before any adds have really spawned, then as soon as am getting oom I pop wings, trinket and LoH Valithiria which provides a nice enough heal and restores some of my mana, then it's straight back to tanking.
Apollya

Postby Magnusharkov » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:36 am

Just a quick question for you guys, how long should this fight take on a 25 man progression kill? We're working on it at the moment and we typically last up to 5-6:30 mins before getting overun. The add waves seem to cause a soft enrage mechanic but I don't know whether the blame lies on our raid being bad at handling adds or our healers not putting out enough oomph.
Magnusharkov

Postby Dravan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:14 am

Magnusharkov wrote:Just a quick question for you guys, how long should this fight take on a 25 man progression kill? We're working on it at the moment and we typically last up to 5-6:30 mins before getting overun. The add waves seem to cause a soft enrage mechanic but I don't know whether the blame lies on our raid being bad at handling adds or our healers not putting out enough oomph.

I don't really remember the timers, but that sounds to me like you are hitting the soft enrage. What sort of percentage are you hitting at that time? A pretty easy way to tell if its the raid or the healers fucking up is looking at the healing meters. If at the point of wipe there is a vast difference between the healing output of the healers taking every single portal, they are most likely losing their stacks and causing the issue. If all healers taking the portals everytime are never dropping stacks, you should be 'upping' her well within the soft enrage.
Dravan

Postby antiy4ho0 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:07 pm

My 10 man guild is road blocking on dreamwalker right now. Our comp:

Prot/Ret Paladin (me)
Feral/Boomkin Druid
Resto/Enhance Shaman
Resto/Boomkin Druid
Destro/Demo Lock
Demo/Destro Lock
Shadow/Disc Priest
Unholy/Blood DK
Blood/Tank DK
Surv Hunter

Unfortunately, a few issues. Our Resto druid has a terrible computer, says hes getting between 3 and 10 fps on dreamwalker. Our resto shaman's hps seems lower than it should be. Correct me if I'm wrong but a disc priest is probably the worst candidate for portals and just putting out hps on the boss. Yesterday I actually logged my resto druid alt. First attempt with my druid I did around 6k hps without taking portals and sustaining for 6:20 or so before we wiped. Our shaman was taking portals but had a hard time keeping stacks up. I started taking portals and on our best attempt (97% wipe) I was at 14k hps on my druid but it was also a 7:30+ fight. Anyway, we go back in tonight and I don't know what to do. I have a really solid Holy set sitting in my bank, and I'm considering speccing Holy and doing the portals. Holy Pallys seem pretty OP for this type of fight and our shaman and druid are only doing between 3 and 4.5k HPS I don't think I can put out the needed HPS on my druid. Also, Both healers say that they do not think they can reasonably solo heal and have 2 healers in portals. DPS seems fine, we consistently make it past the 6 minute mark. The problem is just not quite enough hps.
antiy4ho0

Postby Donahu » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:47 am

If your healers are not comfortable solo healing the outside of the encounter then the DPS are doing something wrong more than likely. The encounter is designed so that you can have a solo healer outside and two inside the portals. You likely won't finish it any other way without vastly outgearing the place or some really creative use of game mechanics.

The DPS need to ensure they are doing their best to reduce raid damage. They should not be standing on the frost/shadow portals, they should be interrupting the AoE frostbolts, they should be running out/away when the Rotting adds explode, etc.

They should also be doing their best to kill the targets in their correct order to also reduce raid damage. Blazing skeletons are the biggest aoe damage threat. The small worms spawned from the aboms are the biggest tank killer as they have that stacking damage buff. These need to be second (above channelers reducing healing done imo). Supressors third. Rotting zombies explode and do an AoE dot upon death. They are also an issue later on in the fight because they stack a damage multiplier debuff (dispellable, disease) on the tank as well. If you can spare it (ABSOLUTELY NOT NECESSARY) you can have your hunter kite and kill them on his own. It works really well and saves you from having to dispell the tanks when things are getting hectic.

As for portal healers. Resto druids are pretty damn hawt. Resto shamans are pretty hot as well. And of course holy paladin. Personally I found priests to be very low even as holy. I heard a rumour about a disc priest being better than a holy priest for this but that doesn't make much sense to me (at least for portals).

If I was you leading your raid -

Pick the BEST healer and keep them outside. Send the other two in the portals.

If I was me leading your raid (and didn't know anyone in it)

I'd keep the priest outside and send the other two in.

6:20 is fine for the fight though it will be much shorter when you start sending in two healers. Another option if that one healer can't solo heal it no matter what is to send in two healers at the start and eventually have one stop taking them so he/she can help out the other healer. It will give you a sizeable lead to work with if you just have one taking portals after that.

Make sure you are timing Bloodlust with a Guardian Spirit (glyphed!) when you have two healers with good stacks (20+) or right when you move to 2 healers outside full-time in the encounter.

Can't think of any other tips off the top of my head but try these and let me know how it goes :).

antiy4ho0 wrote:My 10 man guild is road blocking on dreamwalker right now. Our comp:

Prot/Ret Paladin (me)
Feral/Boomkin Druid
Resto/Enhance Shaman
Resto/Boomkin Druid
Destro/Demo Lock
Demo/Destro Lock
Shadow/Disc Priest
Unholy/Blood DK
Blood/Tank DK
Surv Hunter

Unfortunately, a few issues. Our Resto druid has a terrible computer, says hes getting between 3 and 10 fps on dreamwalker. Our resto shaman's hps seems lower than it should be. Correct me if I'm wrong but a disc priest is probably the worst candidate for portals and just putting out hps on the boss. Yesterday I actually logged my resto druid alt. First attempt with my druid I did around 6k hps without taking portals and sustaining for 6:20 or so before we wiped. Our shaman was taking portals but had a hard time keeping stacks up. I started taking portals and on our best attempt (97% wipe) I was at 14k hps on my druid but it was also a 7:30+ fight. Anyway, we go back in tonight and I don't know what to do. I have a really solid Holy set sitting in my bank, and I'm considering speccing Holy and doing the portals. Holy Pallys seem pretty OP for this type of fight and our shaman and druid are only doing between 3 and 4.5k HPS I don't think I can put out the needed HPS on my druid. Also, Both healers say that they do not think they can reasonably solo heal and have 2 healers in portals. DPS seems fine, we consistently make it past the 6 minute mark. The problem is just not quite enough hps.
Donahu

Postby hoho » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:21 am

from those three shaman should make the best boss-healer. At least on our 10 and 25-mans our shamans have always been at least on-par with paladins, often ahead of them.

Disc on boss sucks due to how awful it's healing spells really are but is great for healing everyone else.
Leap of Faith:
hoho

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel