[10/25] Valithria Dreamwalker

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] Valithria Dreamwalker

Postby Argali » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:53 am

Command is inferior to Righteousness due to the fact that the adds don't spawn in multiples. Sometimes they spawn very quickly in succession, but so far it seems that one add spawns, you get some time to deal with it, and then there's slack time where you're not doing anything.

Might be useful for dps'ing the suppressors, but you should be waiting in position to pick up new adds rather than moving to the suppressors.

Rots Wurms spawn in >10, so consecrate is the key ability, and command doesn't do much.

Probably a bit later on, when the adds spawn faster, and you have to tank/pull 2 at once.
Argali

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:46 am

This is by far my favorite fight for 10/25 man. First off I had a DK solo tank it and got to go healz and it is just the most fun fight healing on a paladin. One shot it hella easy.

My GM is an idiot and for some odd reason actually suggested using four tanks on 25 man. Oh then instead of having me heal he had the DK tank go dps becuase the DK tank couldn't pick up the adds right i guess. Yet one of our other officers has an alt dk who did all adds on 10 man. Either way really easy simple/ fun fight.

Hope you all enjoy it as much as me, but

SCREW SINDRAGOSA PHASE 3

Postby kanst » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:33 am

Some things we found useful:

We had ranged stand in the middle at the dragon's head, that way they could turret back and forth if one side got heavy. [Honestly. Why did you feel the need to swear? Watch your language.]

Blazing skeletons always die first, even if you have a mob at half gotta switch to blazing

We 3 tanked 25 man, the third tank roamed back and forth to the heavy side

Make sure your rogues get tricks on blood worms, they will wreck a healer if they get loose

Inside the orbs are AOE, we had the healers going in insta pop one to refresh their stack then they joined up and got the rest together.

We used healers when our holy pally had a lot of stacks. Applied GS and he popped wings

We had hunters/warlocks kite the blistering zombie, the armor debuff + explosion on death was really dicey later in the fight.

In 10 man we basically did the same thing except only had our holy pally taking portals, there was too much of a risk of it falling off when he was coordinating with 2 people
kanst

Postby fudomyou » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:47 pm

We're going to pick up our 10-man on Saturday, and I'm thinking hard about how I'm going to split up our raid roles. We're normally 2-tank 2-healer, but we have a lot of flexibility that we use often, since 3 of us have heal off-specs and we have 2 tank off-specs. The relevant shufflers are:

Prot / Holy pally (me)
Ret / Prot pally
Shadow / Holy priest
Elemental / Resto shaman

I could go holy and have the ret paladin go prot, and that way we have two tanks and 3 healers, plus I can do the crazy big holy light bombing. That's one option. I could also have the shadow priest go holy and stay prot, which gives us access to guardian spirit on CD rather than holy light bombing and risking an undergeared tank on this encounter. I think I'm going to rule out the resto shaman option right now, but if there's a compelling reason to keep the shadow priest and have the elemental shammy go instead, I'm open to suggestions.

Should I try having our DK one-tank it first, so we keep all our DPS and I can bomb heals like a mofo, or should we play it safe and go 2-tank, 5-dps, 3-healer?
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby ydraw » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:23 pm

I healed this fight and found the cloud graphics incredibly hard to make out and had my stacks drop quite a few times during the fight as a result.

Does anyone have any advice as to what video settings will make the clouds easiest to see?
ydraw

Postby Holyblaze » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:39 pm

ydraw wrote:I healed this fight and found the cloud graphics incredibly hard to make out and had my stacks drop quite a few times during the fight as a result.

Does anyone have any advice as to what video settings will make the clouds easiest to see?

Ground Effect all the way up. Partical Desity as well me thinks.
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby Threatco » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:36 pm

10 man: Assuming raid healing is easy. And I can get 6-8 stacks in the dream phase.

Is it worth it to go in every dream phase, or just for mana?

It seems to be timed with GS, so as holy every time I came out of dream world with my stacks on I would have GS ready.

But I could have skipped a phase or two based on mana.

For holy I was specced into renew/greater healer, glyphed for GS.

(Val healing rotation: Keep up renew, flash 3x, greater heal. Repeat)

I also used the SP on use badge trinket, and the PoS:H 232 dps trinket (use and for 20 seconds you gain 930+ crit rating that is reduced each time you crit with a direct damage spell). so every minuite I used one or the other with my dream phase stacks + GS.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Argali » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:01 pm

You can probably work out using a sim, whether the loss of healing cast time is worth the increase in healing output.
Argali

Postby Chicken » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:16 am

If you're doing things properly you can actually keep stacking the buff higher and higher each phase if you take every portal. The timing is a bit tight, but if you make sure to grab a new cloud just before the dream world ends you should be capable of stacking the buff ever higher each phase. We had one person do that on the 10-man and he eventually got up to 42 stacks.
Chicken

Postby Argali » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:12 am

Chicken wrote:If you're doing things properly you can actually keep stacking the buff higher and higher each phase if you take every portal. The timing is a bit tight, but if you make sure to grab a new cloud just before the dream world ends you should be capable of stacking the buff ever higher each phase. We had one person do that on the 10-man and he eventually got up to 42 stacks.

Going in the portals requires practice. Im my first attempt as a healer, I got very low max stacks, and very low uptime. 2nd attempt, better. Hopefully, if I get to heal it again, I might start to roll stacks :P
Argali

Postby Threatco » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:19 am

I heard that you could stack it, but I didnt quite get it.

But ill try for it this time. I assume the key is to enter portals ASAP and get your first orb very fast.

And watch the debuff timer so you can snatch an orb at the last second.

If you do that, it should keep stacking in 10 and 25?
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Avengeance » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:47 pm

Was healing it on my alt shaman today, just a tip, dont make the same mistake as I did and fly through all the clouds really fast, the clouds have a proc time of about 2 seconds, so run into 1, wait 2 secs (it blows up), then work around the room. For 10 men, try to end up on the side of the room where the adds are spawning from (which is also where the portals will spawn always), so when you leave the dream world you dont end up on other side of the room and ahve to waste time running back to where the portals are.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby hoho » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:21 am

Our holy pala got around 30-something stacks and by the end critted for 130k without GS up. Stacking the buff is definitely the key.

Also, shadowpriest is great there for DPS. On our 10-man with zero caster buffs I pretty much dominated the charts vs 2xarcane mage/rogue/feral. We had two tanks each on either side. They tanked the mobs close to the supressors path so they got caught in aoe and almost killed before reaching the boss. If there was no aoe then mages slowed/frost novad/mind flay slowed them so they wouldn't put the MS up on boss. If there is a big mob up and supressors were incoming I could kill them before they reached the boss with just searing the big mob while tank dragged it near the supressors.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Argali » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:23 am

Threatco wrote:I heard that you could stack it, but I didnt quite get it.

But ill try for it this time. I assume the key is to enter portals ASAP and get your first orb very fast.

And watch the debuff timer so you can snatch an orb at the last second.

If you do that, it should keep stacking in 10 and 25?

Yeah, the key point is to enter the portal and grab an orb( remember you're fighting other healers grabbing orbs) before the buff falls off, and grabbing an orb as close to the 15s mark where you get punted out from the dream world.
Argali

Postby Donahu » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:47 pm

If you are doing it right the healers don't have to "fight" each other for orbs. When it explodes it gives the buff to everyone near it. The best thing to do is move together with other healers near the same portal as you. Don't all scatter and try to be the first to every orb etc. Just move as a group/pack and get them that way.
Donahu

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel