Remove Advertisements

[10/25] Sindragosa

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] Sindragosa

Postby inthedrops » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:10 am

fuzzygeek wrote:Flares have been around since TBC, but DBM may not have had raid marking code when some people were first starting out working on Sindra, which are the marks Drops is referring to above, I think.

That's correct. We used flared for the spots to stand, but no one was marked with a raid icon so they had to play musical chairs.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:34 am

How do you make those raid target icons in the raid warning. I personally like to make it a triangle.

With the two back end points on the front of the stairs, and then the front point a little bit ahead of that.

so something like

-------------------------------------- skull,x

--------------------Square, Diamond------------- Moon, Condom,
Front of Stairs--------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obviously I'd juts make the raid marks and you just HoT them up. I've killed the first at 15 percent, I mean I know how to do it fairly well just liked doing it like that. Also this one dude made this awesome thing where he painted it in like some kind of paint and just copied the map room. thought it was super cool.

lol see i can't even get it to work on here :C . put the lines to show positioning since it auto formatted it.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby sculder » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:40 am

x ----- skull ----- square
diamond ----- triangle ----- circle

or something like that. Despite doing this encounter dozens of times I have yet to memorize our order. Luckily I'm the guy with the macro for it, so i never have to worry about someone screwing up and not posting it :)
sculder

Postby Arianne » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:44 am

If you put parens around the name of the mark it'll replace it with the actual mark.

Code: Select all
/rw                   {skull}  {cross}
/rw        {square} {diamond}        {moon} {circle}

We always do:
Code: Select all
/rw   {square}   {skull}   {cross}
/rw       {triangle}   {moon}    {diamond}
Arianne

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:16 pm

{rt#} also works
1-8
star, circle, diamond, triangle, moon, square, cross, skull, in that order.

Also, is it just me, or is the slow effect ridiculously worse now?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:59 pm

It is ridiculously worst and should be changed just saying.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:22 pm

Since I haven't seen anyone point it out yet, Sindragosa's grip before the explosion now pulls in people MUCH faster. This gives you more time to run out since you are spending less time in the air.

Not good for warlocks, though. Makes it harder to teleport out in time :P
Belloc

Postby baleogthefierce » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:07 pm

2Cute2BeStr8 wrote:It is ridiculously worst and should be changed just saying.

Yeah it's pretty awful, I just held off on using forbearance-inducing cooldowns and bubbled it off as I ran out after the first tank switch in p3.
baleogthefierce

Postby Pala » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:13 am

The slow effect is pretty rough after a while. I died from the Frost Bombs in the Frost Tomb phase so my 10 man druid co-tank just grinned and Beared it every other ground phase. Once we had the tank switching down it was never a problem again. The last phase was okay as well since I could HoF out of it to hide behind a nearby block.

You can ban me for the bad pun above. It's late and I've had too much RC Cola.
[Palatinus] & [Kury] - Earthen Ring US
Pala
Maintankadonor

Postby Ajantis » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:49 am

I was puzzled too at the new stacking speed debuff from Frost Breath. As it is not dispellable I resolved by Divine Shielding (so completely removing it) at 4-5 stacks as soon as Air Phase 2 starts and I keep HoF ready to be used if needed in P3.

Next week we'll try to swap tanks after every frost breath starting from P1, as this new mechanics seems to be implemented to give some work to the offtank in P1 and P2.
Ajantis

Postby baleogthefierce » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:18 am

Ajantis wrote:I was puzzled too at the new stacking speed debuff from Frost Breath. As it is not dispellable I resolved by Divine Shielding (so completely removing it) at 4-5 stacks as soon as Air Phase 2 starts and I keep HoF ready to be used if needed in P3.

Next week we'll try to swap tanks after every frost breath starting from P1, as this new mechanics seems to be implemented to give some work to the offtank in P1 and P2.

Just toss HoF on yourself before the ice blocks are placed so you can get behind one without getting hit, then pop it again to get back to your tanking position. Bubble the stacks off after the OT grabs the boss for the first time in phase 3.
baleogthefierce

Postby Fenris » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:00 pm

Quick (well,not so quick tbh) question:

Any hint for healers in p3?

We are trying it now but seems our healer have huge problems with it
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Arianne » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:16 pm

Make sure you have 7-8 healers.
Make sure your healers know that everyone is responsible for the tanks and that a priority on other healers.
Make sure that your raid isn't causing too many backlash explosions.
Make sure that your raid isn't getting too many stacks of Mystic Buffet.
Make sure that casters with Unchained Magic aren't casting anything in phase 3.

After that, make sure that each healer knows sorta what they're going to be doing and know which healers are out due to Unchained Magic. It can help to have someone call out on vent who is not able to cast. Paladin healers can use DS once during the fight to remove Unchained Magic, but it'll cause an instant-explode of however many Instability stacks they have.

For example, if you had 2 paladins, 2 druids, 2 priests, and 2 shaman healers.
Assign the paladins and a shaman to the tanks.
Assign each druid to one group of melee (which should also include the tanks).
Assign the shaman and priests to a group of ranged.

If priest #2 and paladin #1 and shaman #2 have Unchained Magic, then druid #1 should help with tank healing while priest #1 and druid #2 help with healing the ranged group that is now uncovered.
If druid #1 and shaman #1 and priest #2 get UM then druid #2 should cover the other melee group and shaman #2 should help with tanks and priest #1 should cover the uncovered ranged group.

If you don't want to 'micro manage' it with primary/secondary assignments, then you can just tell them that their priorities are 1) tanks 2) other healers 3) melee 4) ranged (or however you want to organize DPS healing). Sindragosa is largely about having good healer awareness and triage skills.
Arianne

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel