[10/25] Sindragosa

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] Sindragosa

Postby Arianne » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:42 pm

We found that our DK tank took way too much damage equipping 510 FR - it increased her ~12k melee hits to ~18k for him and therefore was much harder to heal through than the predictable spike damage of the frost breaths. Personally, I tanked with one piece of FR and aura and there didn't seem to be problems. We use 3 tanks and reset stacks fairly frequently though.
Arianne

Postby cds4850 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:02 pm

Arianne wrote:it increased her ~12k melee hits to ~18k

Yikes. Any chance that you have a log we could see on this attempt? I'm assuming that you're referring to 25man since you mentioned using three tanks.
cds4850

Postby Belloc » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:22 pm

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that there's something else going on if the melee hits are increasing by that much. Probably having the attack power debuff dropping off the boss.
Belloc

Postby Dendrah » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:19 am

Also aint 510 a bit over the cap? Drop one piece or use another flasks.

And that big of a dmg intake can't be paired with your frost gear. The only difference that could make this happen is armor (passive mititgation). You would have to lose alot of armor to see that increase happening.
Dendrah

Postby Vandril » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:40 am

In Classic / Burning Crusade there was cap (bosslvl*5 I think), but if you're unlucky you get hit with no resist at all.

Blizzard changed the way resistance work in 3.0. Nowadays there is no cap, you can "mindless stack" restistance to 800 if you want and still getting benefit. If you wear 430 resistance, you will resist at least 30%. If you got 540 resistance, you will resist at least 40%. With every resistance point your average resist will increase.

Numbers are a bit made up, cant check it because of webwasher ... you can find the right numbers at http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t44675-resi ... ics_wotlk/
Vandril
Maintankadonor

Postby Dravan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:42 am

My guild killed Sindragosa 10M Heroic yesterday with relative ease. We spent 2 attempts trying to do it with only the tanks at ~400 FR fully buffed (2 piece FR, aura and resistance flask). We found that P3 healing was extreme. We then had every single dps in the raid equip at least 1 piece of frost resistance gear and the healers equip 2 pieces, and after 1 stupid wipe at 5% (plenty of screw ups) we downed her with the entire raid standing and about 10 seconds to enrage. If using this tactic it is advisable to use blood lust as soon as you engage to get maxium dps. To give you an idea we had her at 80% first air phase, and then got 15% between phases after that.

Set up was:

1 Protection Paladin
1 Feral Druid
1 Arcane Mage
1 Combat Rogue
1 Retribution Paladin
1 Marks Hunter
1 Demo Lock
1 Resto Druid
1 Resto Shaman
1 Holy Priest

Hope this helps. Frost resistance in the entire raid made a massive difference to the incoming damage and effectively removed any random deaths in P3.
Dravan

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:16 am

Thank you for the tidbit of information on heroic mode. I'm doing this for 10 man heroic for sure! I see why having healers wear two pieces of frost resist gear is good because they definitely have the most difficult job on this fight. Also I was watching a video of heroic mode and was wondering why they blood lusted off the start.

Now here is my question and would like some info for 25 man regular. My guild has been whiping on this freaking boss for like 7 + hours now. I'm going to have to go ahead and tell my guild to start wearing frost resist and Bloodlust off the bat/ well in position or what not. Our dps is good to where we have plenty of time on the enrage it just seems like people start dropping especially healers and its easy to blame the healers for everything but they probably do have a hard time getting their mystic debuff stacks off.

Has anyone used Frost resistance in this on normal mode ( I mean other than the tanks) would just like some info on how this worked for you. I mean if no one has I'm definitely suggesting it and will be trying it. Thanks again for the info on heroic. One more tiney question its still 2 ice blocks on heroic right for 10 man?
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:07 am

People randomly dropping in phase 3 can be attributed to a few things:

Melee getting too many Chilled stacks.
Anyone/everyone getting too many Mystic Buffet stacks.

Personally, I think the majority of the raid (except maybe healers) should drop their mystic buffet stacks on the first ice block. After that, they can rotate dropping stacks, but they really need to drop them immediately to help stablize the raid healing.

Also, casters/healers have to be extremely careful with instability/backlash (unchained magic). A player getting a few stacks of instability will almost always die if they become an ice tomb target. I think they hotfixed the instability duration from 8 seconds to 4 seconds because of this (though I haven't seen that duration for myself yet this week, only heard about it).
Belloc

Postby Hokahey » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:09 pm

Dendrah wrote:Also aint 510 a bit over the cap? Drop one piece or use another flasks.

And that big of a dmg intake can't be paired with your frost gear. The only difference that could make this happen is armor (passive mititgation). You would have to lose alot of armor to see that increase happening.

Of course, pending what pieces were exchanged, and the fact that each piece a DK wears gets a 60% increase in armor thanks to Frost Presence, a DK should lose substantially more armor than a Paladin or Warrior in this circumstance. A full 50% increase in melee damage is pretty high, though, and I doubt that armor swap alone would account for this. A more likely explanation was someone forgot what presence they were in. Maybe they swapped to Blood Presence for more damage output while not actively tanking, and didn't switch back?

I'm curious about Frost DKs and the talent Acclimation on this fight. It accounts for 50 resistance per stack, stacks to 3, and (last I checked) *does* stack with other Frost Resist effects. Theoretically, this would be the ideal scenario for the talent (constant magical damage of 1 consistent school with periodic large bursts of the same school). Anyone seen it in action, or have something to add?
Hokahey

Sindragosa-10, solo tanking it

Postby Tankforyou » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:07 pm

So, has anyone solo tanked it?

We just say this fight yesterday. We are a 10 man strict and we are 10/12 ICC-10.
I am debating going 7 dps, 2 heals and 1 tank is 500 plus frost resist.

So, has anyone had success with solo tanking 10 man reg or are we just asking for trouble?

-Thanks
Tankforyou

Re: Sindragosa-10, solo tanking it

Postby Wrathy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:51 pm

Tankforyou wrote:So, has anyone solo tanked it?

We just say this fight yesterday. We are a 10 man strict and we are 10/12 ICC-10.
I am debating going 7 dps, 2 heals and 1 tank is 500 plus frost resist.

So, has anyone had success with solo tanking 10 man reg or are we just asking for trouble?

-Thanks

While I am sure at some point this will be doable, The stacks that you will get during Phase 3 would become too much to heal. Even in 485 frost resist, I have to clear stacks about 40 seconds into phase 3, and that phase takes considerably longer than that.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:06 pm

I've always solo tanked 10 man normal, in 555 FR.

Not so much in heroic, but the OT is usually a hybrid dps popping CDs for the 6 seconds I need to clear Buffet.

We have 25m loot tho, so our dps and healing thresholds are probably a bit higher than a 10m strict. With the 5% buff this might be sufficient.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Tonen » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:26 pm

This may very well be a dumb question. Would stoneform have any effect on the stacks during phase 3?
Tonen

Postby superworm » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:06 pm

Tonen wrote:This may very well be a dumb question. Would stoneform have any effect on the stacks during phase 3?

From wowhead:
Stoneform Racial
Instant 2 min cooldown
Removes all poison, disease and bleed effects and increases your armor by 10% for 8 sec.

About acclimation, I highly doubt that it's preferable to spec to frost DK to tank due to 150 frost resistance. I spec into frost to tank Sindrogosa in 10man to provide icytalons buff and it's a harder feeling for me than when I spec blood. The major CD in frost, ie Unbreakable Armor, does nothing to mitigate magic damage, and this fight is about scheduled spike damage, not steady high damage, so CD use is more important than general mitigation imo. Also blood DK's self healing can easily compensate for the more damage income from frost aura.
For those large damage in P3 that can really kill you, WotN can reduce them by 15%, much higher than what acclimation's 150 frost resistance can do. And after the large spike I can pop rune tap and blood strikes immediately to give myself a nice 50% healing, which eases the healer's life much.

Edit: WotN is actually 15% damage reduction.
Last edited by superworm on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
superworm

Postby Shathus » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:24 pm

I've been using DBM for my boss mod if for no other reason in that I'm just used to their bars and such. We were doing Sindragosa 10 last night, and I noticed the timer for Blistering Cold (or whatever the vacuum and AOE damage ability is called) was way off, at least after the first cast. Do BigWigs or DXE keep better track of this?

Normally I wouldn't care too much, but apparently my hunters don't like to get out of range quick enough and at least one of them dies to it every attempt, often even on the first one. Looking for something to better track so I can call it out on time and hope they run better. Thanks
Shathus
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel