Remove Advertisements

[10/25] Sindragosa

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10/25] Sindragosa

Postby Heni » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:29 am

Question for people that tested this on the PTR. Can you taunt the boss, and is the damage on the tank with a debuff on them a huge amount that needs a cd every single time he breathes of is it bearable? I've been researching the fight for this coming week and I am assuming you can not taunt the boss just like Sapphiron but I have not had that confirmed. Also if you can not taunt then do you need to do a tank switch by out aggroing the other tank? On PTR kills I watched it seems like they 1 tank it but just curious.
Heni

Re: [10/25] Sindragosa

Postby Avengeance » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:17 pm

If you are talking about the 43k frost breath (I cant see any abilitys that further amplifies that dmg), I dont think any decent geared tank would even need to pop a cooldown for it. Assuming resistable, you chop 10% off with just FR aura which goes down to 39k.... very survivable, add in dmg reduction talents, which will probably chip out another 4-5k.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Heni » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:33 pm

Avengeance wrote:If you are talking about the 43k frost breath (I cant see any abilitys that further amplifies that dmg), I dont think any decent geared tank would even need to pop a cooldown for it. Assuming resistable, you chop 10% off with just FR aura which goes down to 39k.... very survivable, add in dmg reduction talents, which will probably chip out another 4-5k.

yea I guess that true, was just curious on some sites people were talking about 2 tanking it and was slightly lost on that. So thanks :)
Heni

Postby Belloc » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:30 pm

The second tank is, primarily, for the final phase of the fight. Stacks start building on the tank that will eventually get him killed. Also, a second tank allows for higher threat generation.
Belloc

Postby Metherlance » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:36 am

Belloc wrote:The second tank is, primarily, for the final phase of the fight. Stacks start building on the tank that will eventually get him killed. Also, a second tank allows for higher threat generation.

Do you know (or anyone else) if one could bubble the Mystic Buffet? If one can, I see no reason to bring a second tank. Helps with the P3 "dps race" too that way.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/chromaggus/Metherlance/advanced

No question remains unanswered. No doubts linger. You are Azeroth's greatest champions!
Metherlance

Postby Heni » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:00 pm

Metherlance wrote:
Belloc wrote:The second tank is, primarily, for the final phase of the fight. Stacks start building on the tank that will eventually get him killed. Also, a second tank allows for higher threat generation.

Do you know (or anyone else) if one could bubble the Mystic Buffet? If one can, I see no reason to bring a second tank. Helps with the P3 "dps race" too that way.

Oh that would be so nice if you can.
Heni

Postby Halnoth » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:27 pm

Metherlance wrote:Do you know (or anyone else) if one could bubble the Mystic Buffet? If one can, I see no reason to bring a second tank. Helps with the P3 "dps race" too that way.

I do not know for sure but I would doubt very much that you can. Alot of the new ICC crap can't be bubbled off. Including stragely enough some of the trash debuffs.
Halnoth

Postby Belloc » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:39 pm

Halnoth wrote:
Metherlance wrote:Do you know (or anyone else) if one could bubble the Mystic Buffet? If one can, I see no reason to bring a second tank. Helps with the P3 "dps race" too that way.

I do not know for sure but I would doubt very much that you can. Alot of the new ICC crap can't be bubbled off. Including stragely enough some of the trash debuffs.

If you can bubble off Festergut's stacking debuff, you can probably bubble off this one. But... why would you? You have at least two tanks -- use them.
Belloc

Postby Metherlance » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:33 am

Belloc wrote:If you can bubble off Festergut's stacking debuff, you can probably bubble off this one. But... why would you? You have at least two tanks -- use them.

My point was: the more dps you have for P3, the less you have to play with icetombs. Don't know though would it help enough to make a difference to bring a another dps instead of a second tank. At least the Cuties Only PTR kill video used only one tank, and they, as far as I can tell, didn't use icetombs at all in P3. It was a close call in the end but they made it (if they had a second tank I guess it would've been even more close call, or maybe even a wipe).

But actually they used a warrior tank so I guess you can do it with just one tank, whatever class he might be. Though it will help with tank healing if it can be bubbled, that's for sure.

No question remains unanswered. No doubts linger. You are Azeroth's greatest champions!
Metherlance

Postby Nadir » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:32 am

We actually had two tanks in that video. The second (bear) simply never taunts and takes up a DPS spot! :oops:

Also, the magic backlash mechanic wasn't implemented on the first few PTR versions of Sindragosa so your healers and ranged DPS will have to be a lot more conservative in their casting.
Nadir

Postby Metherlance » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:23 am

Nadir wrote:We actually had two tanks in that video. The second (bear) simply never taunts and takes up a DPS spot! :oops:

Oh, my bad then. :)

Metherlance

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:45 am

I like having one tank fights, its more of an ego booster when they want you to do it. Like I mean I know it sounds silly but its like what who is the best geared oh yeah me. Especially for 10 man it makes it nice since I have a feral druid tanking who is normally cat dps. And I'm totally hopeing that 1 tank can tank the adds for the green dragon, cause my OS is holy and I want to blow that dragon up w/ healz. :D

Postby fafhrd » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:46 am

While it contains no new information, I thought I'd share our RL's summary for this fight, since it made me chuckle (names obscured to protect the not-so-innocent):

The best way I can describe this encounter is "sapphiron on crack." First thing to note is she's a dragon with all the usual dragon moves. This means breath, cleave, and tail swipe, so if you are in front of or behind the dragon, you are bad at WoW.

Secondly, she has anti-melee and anti-caster debuffs which limit your DPS. For melee, she has a chance to stack a debuff each time you hit her, and when it reaches so many stacks you will have to stop attacking till it expires. For casters, she occasionally punishes you for casting spells in the form of an explosion based on how many spells you cast while you have the "idiot check" debuff on you. Cast too many and you die. This is going to be what really kills our flipper-handed crew of cro-magnon tunnel-visioning morons IMO. Interestingly enough, Hunters seem to skate by for free (not sure if they stack the melee buff) so we won't have to worry about Bob killing himself on this ability; score. These are cast throughout the whole fight.

Beyond that, there are 3 phases:

Phase 1 - Ground phase
- Basically Sapphiron + the stuff mentioned above
- Pulsing raidwide AOE frost.
- Occasionally she will summon the raid to the center of her body and then drop a bomb there. You have 5 seconds to run away before it blows up and kills everyone near there. Aforementioned flipper handed fucktards can kiss their asses goodbye, we will waste 10 attempts minimum teaching primates how to handle this.

Phase 2 - Air phase
- Like Sapphiron, she makes people into iceblocks
- The iceblock is AOE. Anyone near the person getting blocked will also get blocked. She blocks 5 people at a time.
- Blocked people get marked with hunters mark graphics. Those people will stay still while everyone else will run away from them. This is a part where I see us wasting another 5 attempts.
- She drops bombs like sapphiron and you have to get behind the blocks to live. Difference is she drops FOUR bombs instead of sapphiron's 1. Betting pool on who dies to the bombs is open.
- TWIST: The Ice Blocks are DPSable, and the bomb does not free the people like it does on Sapph. So you have to free the people from the ice blocks by hand.
- If the people are not freed before she lands, they will get a huge DoT, suffocate, and die within 10 seconds.
- Suggested strategy is to pre-DPS the ice blocks down before she drops the bombs, leaving them at around 10%. Then once the bomb is done, free the people before they die.

Phase 3 - 30% "enrage"
- She lands; abilities are same as phase 1
- She spams Mystic Buffet every so often, which increases the entire raid damage taken by 10% per stack. As this stacks up the raid will become unhealable and eventually die ("enrage")
- She will Ice Block people like she does in phase 2. The Ice Block is AOE. The person she marks needs to run OUT OF THE RAID (living bomb style) so as to not freeze the entire raid. (Another 5 attempts down the drain to idiocy)
- Ice Block needs to be dps'd down before suffocate, same as phase 2.
- She puts up all the annoying debuffs from phase 1.
- Heroism is for this phase.

he tends to get rather frustrated with us at times :/
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Metherlance » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:16 am

fafhrd wrote:While it contains no new information, I thought I'd share our RL's summary for this fight, since it made me chuckle (names obscured to protect the not-so-innocent):

As far as I know the "melee", chilled to the bone, debuff applies to hunters also.

But hahah, gave me good laughs. I totally can see us wiping on those same things.

Metherlance

Postby Joanadark » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:50 am

that summary misses something rather vital.

In p3, the stacking 10% damage debuff can be allowed to reset by LOSing Sindrigosa behind an Ice Block.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel