[10] Blood Queen Lanathel

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Blood Queen Lanathel

Postby Lieris » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:08 am

She was very hard for the first two days as we had no idea about the vampire sacrifice trick and our holy paladin wasn't online. With only one raid healer we found the raid damage unhealable but with three healers we could not beat the 8x mind control enrage. Since they changed the duration of the vampire buff there's no reason not to bring 3 healers (ideally a holy paladin on tanks and 2 raid healers), the DPS check is now pretty easy assuming people do fatal attraction properly.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby kaisaa » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:34 am

We had a really hard time with this fight last night. Even if everything was going smoothly up until she lifted off in the air, we just lost it at that point. People are spreading out, but inevitably several people die while she is up in the air.

I was thinking that divine guardian could help out a lot here. The only two paladins in the raid however are myself and my offtank. I am afraid that DG without bubbling would be a death sentence. Does the offtank popping divine protection do anything to the blood mirror?
kaisaa

Postby inthedrops » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:21 am

Steve wrote:On our 10 man, the combined HPS of the healers was roughly 19K. That's a significant amount of healing to expect out of 2 players.

We had similar experience on 10 man, although not quite so bad.

Two healers, Paladin and shaman. Paladin pulled 9.3k hps for the kill while the shaman was much lower, I believe in the 7k hps area. Total of around 16k to 17k.

It's important for the rest of the raid do their part to minimize required healing. Proper handling of sparm and pact to reduce damage are important.

Our DPS was not spectacular as we were on alts, but DPS was certainly not an issue for enrage. I agree with the 3 healer advice for the first kill.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Lieris » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:35 am

kaisaa wrote:We had a really hard time with this fight last night. Even if everything was going smoothly up until she lifted off in the air, we just lost it at that point. People are spreading out, but inevitably several people die while she is up in the air.

I was thinking that divine guardian could help out a lot here. The only two paladins in the raid however are myself and my offtank. I am afraid that DG without bubbling would be a death sentence. Does the offtank popping divine protection do anything to the blood mirror?

Assuming everyone is spread out okay just the 20% raid dmg reduction (use a DSac cast + cancel macro) is fine for the air phase so no need to bubble. If people are dropping like flies with that up your raid healers are at fault. I don't know if ours are pre-HOTing the raid (the DBM timer is pretty accurate) or just have fast reactions (probably a bit of both) either way yours need to re-evaluate how they tackle that raid damage.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby vitaemachina » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:16 pm

Not to quibble over small details, but doesn't Divine Sacrifice only affect your party, not the entire raid? Not saying the damage reduction won't be useful, just not going to be the savior of the raid :)

I'd also like to really mirror the other sentiments about having the OT be in dps spec/gear - the damage they took was extremely minor. We actually had a rogue doing it for a bit just to see how the damage worked.
vitaemachina

Postby Belloc » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:37 pm

vitaemachina wrote:Not to quibble over small details, but doesn't Divine Sacrifice only affect your party, not the entire raid? Not saying the damage reduction won't be useful, just not going to be the savior of the raid :)

I'd also like to really mirror the other sentiments about having the OT be in dps spec/gear - the damage they took was extremely minor. We actually had a rogue doing it for a bit just to see how the damage worked.

Divine sacrifice, fully talented, provides a 35% damage reduction to your group and a 20% damage reduction to the entire raid.

I have used Divine Sacrifice on every air phase (if the cooldown is available, of course) and not once have I came anywhere near dying. It is 100% safe to use on this fight, even without canceling or bubbling... assuming that you are a tank.
Belloc

Postby kaisaa » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:13 pm

Belloc wrote:
vitaemachina wrote:Not to quibble over small details, but doesn't Divine Sacrifice only affect your party, not the entire raid? Not saying the damage reduction won't be useful, just not going to be the savior of the raid :)

Divine sacrifice, fully talented, provides a 35% damage reduction to your group and a 20% damage reduction to the entire raid.

I have used Divine Sacrifice on every air phase (if the cooldown is available, of course) and not once have I came anywhere near dying. It is 100% safe to use on this fight, even without canceling or bubbling... assuming that you are a tank.

Thanks for your input! I will try it this week.
kaisaa

Postby Pizbit » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:49 am

Alternatively if you're worried you can cancel the redirection effect by macroing it, but you keep the 6sec raid wall buff, uh, macro is lying around somewhere.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby dewkstraykr » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:30 am

Code: Select all
#showtooltip
/cast Divine Sacrifice
/in 0.4 /script CancelUnitBuff("player","Divine Sacrifice")

Just need to make sure the 0.4 on last line is higher than your latency.

At 650ms, it would need to be at least 0.651 to work.
At 100ms, it would need to be at least 0.101 to work.
dewkstraykr

Postby Bertman » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:31 am

right, yesterday we wiped at 0.4 % so I'm pretty sure we'll kill her tonight.

Few questions tho.

1) we had some attempts going wrong at the second air phase because people had to bite other peeps to not get insane or whatever it is. How do you avoid that? Bite fast? bite slow? As you have a window to bite people in.

2) on our 0.4% attempt the first guy to get bitten was a healer... Anyone had this happen before? Is it avoidable?

3) Is it supposed to be that boring to tank?
Bertman

Postby dewkstraykr » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:50 am

Bertman wrote:right, yesterday we wiped at 0.4 % so I'm pretty sure we'll kill her tonight.

Few questions tho.

1) we had some attempts going wrong at the second air phase because people had to bite other peeps to not get insane or whatever it is. How do you avoid that? Bite fast? bite slow? As you have a window to bite people in.

2) on our 0.4% attempt the first guy to get bitten was a healer... Anyone had this happen before? Is it avoidable?

3) Is it supposed to be that boring to tank?

1) Bite asap and you will get that round of bites needing to be done with about 4 seconds until the air phase.

2) Yes, tell them not to pre heal in the first 2.5 seconds of the fight, tank wont die in that time, just keep an eye on the raid.

3) sadly yes :(
dewkstraykr

Postby Argali » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:13 am

It's even more boring to offtank!
Argali

Postby dewkstraykr » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:18 am

Haha dont take an offtank! Use a high hp/plate melee class standing closer than the rest and link to them! Makes it more exciting!
dewkstraykr

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:48 am

Ya know that could work quite well? Have someone bite him first though so he can heal himself when he deals damage. Anyone try this that would be fun!?! I mean what would you use though? I can't think of someone with that high of HP. Its 100 percent of the damage right? I mean bitch hits pretty hard I dont know between 10-20 k. Seems iffy w/ raid damage such. I don't know someone try and let me know what you used :D.

Postby Bertman » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:23 pm

@ dewkstraykr

Thanks for answering my questions.

Killed her tonight on our first attempt.

Biting asap is key
Bertman

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel