[25/10] Blood Prince Council

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25/10] Blood Prince Council

Postby Sober » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:10 am

I got Orb Whisperer 10 and 25 last night; it's really just a version of "do it well" like the Saurfang achievement.

After a couple wipes, we figured out:
-you need attack the nuclei to stick them onto you (although when I was just tanking any of the other 2 adds, the nuclei just stuck to me anyway, even through consecration, etc.). If possible, get them MD'd onto the lock/ranged tank
-your ranged tank should probably try to nab more than 3. I forgot what happens specifically (the nuclei have a limited lifespan or something? Similar to Algalon stars iirc? I might be wrong) so our lock tank had to grab a forth just in case one died as the Shadow member was firing Empowered Lances at him.
-if your ranged tank cant put out the threat, don't bother. It's not a strict DPS race, so either start rolling MDs onto your ranged tank or just put minimal effort into him when he's the main target. (2 of them have 1/22.6mil hp at the start, so MD+killshot is apparently good aggro)
-Sparkly Fingers seems to randomly target someone then fire the cone (so facing away isn't as big a deal). Try to dispel the debuff asap, it's not much damage but it does add up( 2-3k ticks), especially if they are slowed prior to a sonic boom/vortex
-Empowered Vortex: if you are tanking the boss, stand IN him as it goes off(don't run out), I've found that way you don't get knocked out (but if you have a warrior/druid they can easily charge back in).
-Make sure people running out of the empowered vortex just scatter in multiple directions -- if they all run out the same way, they will murder each other.
-Apparently the Kinetic Orbs can bug out, so don't try to permajuggle them; apparently some guilds knocked it up to BQL's room and wasted 2-3 attempts (it aggros her, then resets it or something)
Sober

Postby Flitter » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:57 am

Ulrik wrote:-Keleseth- Left Mob
Not much to add. Looks like the clouds have an aggro table so the ranged tank needs to run all around and attack them to aggro at least three.

The Dark Nuclei stick to the very last person to damage them with a direct attack.

Here's a good video for demonstration (mage pov).
Flitter

Postby Ziggi » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:13 am

couple of things to add.

1. kinetic bombs can be juggled up to blood queens room and if there is a pet on them the pet can port up and aggro her wasting an attempt. this happened to us.

2. not only is that bad for the obvious reasons, but kinetic bombs can also be set off by impacting the cieling as well as the floor so the goal is to keep them floating

3. Empowered flame sphere is charge based item. the more people it damages on the was to it's target, the less damage it does when it gets there. We actually had our melee breaking off the boss to help eat the charges. Might be overkill but it worked.

4. Glittering sparks does seem to be random. at least i couldn't control it well enough to prevent it 100% of the time. not sure what the CD between casts is.

5. We did use a warlock range tank in both 10 and 25 man kills and it worked well, but our warlcok is pro and has been ranged tanking bosses since AQ40.

hope that helps and enjoy!
Ziggi - Relentless - Shattered Hand
Ziggtastic - 80 Tankadin
Ziggi

Postby Shoju » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:39 am

well, my guild doesn't have a raiding warlock.

in 10 man, you are saying that you had a paladin tanking him and gathering the orbs, and using Hand of Reckoning to get the orbs?

What is the HP of the orbs, and do you need to hit them with more than a single HoR each?
Shoju

Postby wingman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:46 am

Did this on 10 last night. As others mentioned, it was very challenging at first when we had a ranged class tanking. I kept thinking that the fight shouldn't be that hard on normal mode and we must be doing something wrong. The thing about 10 man, is it's pretty much impossible to design a normal 10 man encounter that requires constant, steady heals on 3 different targets. It just goes against everything Blizzard has ever said about how they design 10 mans and balance them knowing that 10 mans won't always have all the various buffs and such covered. Their may be fights that a 3rd healer makes helpful, but that's usually because their is alot of raid wide healing needed, and it's pretty hard to heal 3 tanks AND the raid with 2 healers, and you just won't have a 10 man encounter that requires 3 tanks AND 3 healers, at least not on normal mode.

So, with all those thoughts, I said let's just use 2 real tanks. I tanked the fire and physical guys, and we had a feral druid running around taunting and farie firing the nuclei and tanking the shadow dude. The damage I took from tanking 2 of the mobs wasn't bad at all, and it's much easier for a healer to toss out 20k heals on 1 target than to toss out 10k heals on 2 different targets. The fight became trivial with this strategy change and we got the achievement, which, as someone else mentioned, is just a sign that you executed the fight properly, much like Boned or Saurfang's achievement.
wingman

Postby wingman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:47 am

Shoju wrote:well, my guild doesn't have a raiding warlock.

in 10 man, you are saying that you had a paladin tanking him and gathering the orbs, and using Hand of Reckoning to get the orbs?

What is the HP of the orbs, and do you need to hit them with more than a single HoR each?

As long as your dps aren't being dumb and attacking the orbs by mistake, a single HoR, avenger's shield, or even an exorcism will get them to aggro you. Paladins have plenty of ranged tools to aggro them, and once they are on you, you don't need to keep hitting them.
wingman

Postby Wrathy » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:00 am

wingman wrote:As long as your dps aren't being dumb and attacking the orbs by mistake, a single HoR, avenger's shield, or even an exorcism will get them to aggro you. Paladins have plenty of ranged tools to aggro them, and once they are on you, you don't need to keep hitting them.

Yeah I was getting yelled at in 25 man that I had orbs on me from my Hammer bouncing to them when they spawned near me. As said before I can confirm that the nuclei will give you the debuf if you directly attack them. Also, you should be spam cleansing the raid from the sparkles since you are only directly having to keep aggro for 1/3 of the fight.

Took us a few attempts to get the coordination down, but overall, seems to be another "Normal" normal mode boss.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Arjuna » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:05 am

Wrathy wrote:spam cleansing the raid from the sparkles

wait...vampires and sparkles???
Last edited by Arjuna on Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Wrathy » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:08 am

I believe they come from the spirit fingers of an un-dead Cheerleader Vampire
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Ziggi » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:19 am

he does jazz hands and shoots sparkles....

using 2 tanks makes sense in 10 man because we had a tank get gibbed by a fireball and i was able to pick up his target and tank both the vortex and sparkle guys.
Ziggi - Relentless - Shattered Hand
Ziggtastic - 80 Tankadin
Ziggi

Postby Heni » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:16 am

Used a lock to range tank on 25 man worked alright, but a dk range tanking on 10 man was amazing. He was able to get orbs extremely easy and keep them with no problems.
Heni

Postby Kihra » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:17 pm

I have no idea why people think you should use a ranged tank for Keleseth. A normal tank is way better (and isn't going to just fall over dead before acquiring three nuclei). I was in a different group from Wiingman last night, and our group had the exact same problem. The ranged person just died over and over and over.

We switched to just having two normal tanks on the encounter in 10-man and killed it 2 attempts later.

Telling people to use a ranged tank on this fight is downright harmful. It's total misinformation.
Kihra

Postby Meloree » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:25 pm

Kihra wrote:I have no idea why people think you should use a ranged tank for Keleseth. A normal tank is way better (and isn't going to just fall over dead before acquiring three nuclei). I was in a different group from Wiingman last night, and our group had the exact same problem. The ranged person just died over and over and over.

We switched to just having two normal tanks on the encounter in 10-man and killed it 2 attempts later.

Telling people to use a ranged tank on this fight is downright harmful. It's total misinformation.

I pretty much thought the same thing. We took one pull on it in 25s, using a DK tank, it was basically fine. If not for 3s GCDs, it would have been a one-shot. Here's to Tuesday on Garona.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Nekkos » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:06 pm

Just to clarify, but does that mean that you guys doubled up Taldaram/Valanar on one tank (10m)?
Nekkos

Postby Malthrax » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:10 pm

If Kelseth spends 2/3's of the fight at 1hp, does that mean Hammer of Wrath is usable on him and, if so, would it be viable to use Glyph of Hammer of Wrath?
Malthrax

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel