[25] Blood Queen Lanathel.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Blood Queen Lanathel.

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:52 am

Rhiannon wrote:Re: DeadMilliken

Is the damage on the tanks actually a concern on 25? Only tried it on 10 tonight, and the tank healing was definitely the more trivial part of managing the healing. Does she hit hard enough on 25 that tank survival is more an issue?

To go back to this, it looks like damage output on the tank is nothing too worrying - ~20k swing on warrior plate with a 2 second base, 2.4 sec debuffed swing timer. Paladin beaconing should be able to handle most of it solo, with a bit of help from another healer to keep inspiration/ancestral up.

Doesn't appear to parry haste:

[19:29:45.781] Blood-Queen Lana'thel hits Mtlol 21055
[19:29:46.140] Risen Ghoul hits Blood-Queen Lana'thel Parry
[19:29:48.156] Blood-Queen Lana'thel hits Mtlol 18956

[19:30:32.671] Blood-Queen Lana'thel hits Mtlol 12842 (B: 3968)
[19:30:33.078] Mtlol Heroic Strike Blood-Queen Lana'thel Parry
[19:30:35.031] Blood-Queen Lana'thel hits Mtlol Parry
Rhiannon

Postby Gaffer » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:58 am

Aubade wrote:Strangely enough, we killed this today. And I never gotten bitten, but I have 0 credit on my meta-achievement for it. Check my achievs, I have crimson halls, Neither of the "once bitten twice shy" Achievement.

Our Holy Paladin was the only one without a debuff at the end of our kill and did not receive credit for that achievement. He posted a bug last night and blue responded. Might be worth adding your experience to the thread.

Ashym wrote:How did you guys organise who to bite? We just said bite the melee then bite the ranged... and after a while it was just bite a dps and try aiming for a hunter or a rogue or something.

Our first night, I was calling and marking specific biter -> bitee combinations. Last night, we had an inhouse addon take care of assignments based on a pre-determined list. In 25-man, you'll want to have it pre-determined so that the bite happens as close to the the beginning of the vampire control as possible.

Rhiannon wrote:So that's a 2 min 20ish timer on the fear + air phase.

The air phase timer doesn't seem to be a timer as much as pre-determined times. Our air phases occurred at ~2:15 and ~4:00 by my DXE timer every pull last night.
Gaffer

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:07 am

Gaffer wrote:

The air phase timer doesn't seem to be a timer as much as pre-determined times. Our air phases occurred at ~2:15 and ~4:00 by my DXE timer every pull last night.

Er, oops, yeah.

19:49:09.859 Combat starts
19:51:27.890 Blood-Queen Lana'thel casts Incite Terror
19:53:08.203 Blood-Queen Lana'thel casts Incite Terror

That's clearly only 1 min 40 second between the first and second fear, missed that somehow. So 2:15 or so on first fear, 4:00 on second.
Rhiannon

Postby Sathoris » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:27 am

Rhiannon wrote:
Gaffer wrote:

Er, oops, yeah.

19:49:09.859 Combat starts
19:51:27.890 Blood-Queen Lana'thel casts Incite Terror
19:53:08.203 Blood-Queen Lana'thel casts Incite Terror

That's clearly only 1 min 40 second between the first and second fear, missed that somehow. So 2:15 or so on first fear, 4:00 on second.

Does this timer starts maybe after the Boss bites the 1st Raid member ?

Because The first Fear is @ 2:15 and the 2nd is @ ~4:00 so it does have a 1 min 40'ish sec in between them but the 1st one is @ 2:15. Is there any event that is triggered @ 35 sec during the fight ?
Sathoris

Postby Maat » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:11 am

Gaffer wrote:
Ashym wrote:How did you guys organise who to bite? We just said bite the melee then bite the ranged... and after a while it was just bite a dps and try aiming for a hunter or a rogue or something.

Our first night, I was calling and marking specific biter -> bitee combinations. Last night, we had an inhouse addon take care of assignments based on a pre-determined list. In 25-man, you'll want to have it pre-determined so that the bite happens as close to the the beginning of the vampire control as possible.

Add-on? that's so cheating :P We used a pre-determined list that spiraled depending on who got bitten first (e.g. if a ranged got bitten first, they would bite a rogue, if melee got bitten first, they would bite a hunter etc.)

We also sacced a vampire in the 3rd round (I would have a soulstone and DI a healer) so we would get 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 6 -> 12 -> 24 vampires out before hard enrage; there is no risk of MCs unless someone missed their bite window, and someone gets their fugging no-bite achievement.
Maat

Postby Gaffer » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:25 am

Maat wrote:Add-on? that's so cheating :P

:) Addon did exactly what I was doing. What would have been cheating was if the other addon we wrote that hooked into DXE to have an arrow point at your bite partner would have worked. Unfortunately, Lana'thel's room does not have instance coordinates.

Maat wrote:We also sacced a vampire in the 3rd round (I would have a soulstone and DI a healer) so we would get 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 6 -> 12 -> 24 vampires out before hard enrage;

This was also the time that martyred. Doing this allowed you a full 45 seconds of uninterrupted Heroism with 24 vampires. Rough calculations showed doing this a 25% increase over not martyring. I have to believe this is unintended.
Gaffer

Postby fafhrd » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:27 am

Aubade wrote:
Maat wrote:Way to troll.

Anyway, Aubade's observation is same as we observed. Every attempt one of the top 3 in threat (besides the MT, and the OT wasn't trying to build threat) was first to be bitten.

It also seems that sacrificing an early dps (and b'ressing after of course) is probably the only way to fulfill the achievement.

Strangely enough, we killed this today. And I never gotten bitten, but I have 0 credit on my meta-achievement for it. Check my achievs, I have crimson halls, Neither of the "once bitten twice shy" Achievement.

That is odd. I know people get credit for the "Defeat Blood-Queen Lana'thel while a vampire" portion of the achievements since I got mine and some other DPS did. I haven't looked at any unbitten people to check they get the other half though.

edit: mm, should have read page 4 before replying
Last edited by fafhrd on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:50 am

Gaffer wrote:
Maat wrote:Add-on? that's so cheating :P

:) Addon did exactly what I was doing. What would have been cheating was if the other addon we wrote that hooked into DXE to have an arrow point at your bite partner would have worked. Unfortunately, Lana'thel's room does not have instance coordinates.

Maat wrote:We also sacced a vampire in the 3rd round (I would have a soulstone and DI a healer) so we would get 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 6 -> 12 -> 24 vampires out before hard enrage;

This was also the time that martyred. Doing this allowed you a full 45 seconds of uninterrupted Heroism with 24 vampires. Rough calculations showed doing this a 25% increase over not martyring. I have to believe this is unintended.

Do you have any idea how close it would have been had you not sacrificed someone? If it is an unintended mechanic it'll probably get nerfed, how tight do you think it'd be if you did it without going this route?
Rhiannon

Postby Gaffer » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:13 am

We killed Blood Queen with 0.60 seconds to enrage. Granted, we lost probably close to 30-45k rdps to two flame deaths and another death from taking too long to close the link, but I'm still unsure whether or not we would have been able to complete the encounter before the soft enrage without any planned deaths.
Gaffer

Postby Aubade » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:48 pm

Gaffer wrote:We killed Blood Queen with 0.60 seconds to enrage. Granted, we lost probably close to 30-45k rdps to two flame deaths and another death from taking too long to close the link, but I'm still unsure whether or not we would have been able to complete the encounter before the soft enrage without any planned deaths.

It's completely possible, we did this last night without "martyr"ing anyone. We just did our assigned bites all the way until the end bite where we had 7 people just die instead of going Frenzied.

also, our kill video is here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft1vbL1yWNw&feature=sub
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Gaffer » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:02 pm

Aubade wrote:It's completely possible, we did this last night without "martyr"ing anyone.

I didn't mean to imply it was not possible. I'm just not 100% sure if we would have been able to do it.
Gaffer

Postby Aubade » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:06 pm

Gaffer wrote:
Aubade wrote:It's completely possible, we did this last night without "martyr"ing anyone.

I didn't mean to imply it was not possible. I'm just not 100% sure if we would have been able to do it.

Ah, It's not as bad as you'd think. What's your rDPS like?
Aubade

Postby Gaffer » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:20 pm

Lower than I'd like. Our 4-heal parse from last week matched other top 10 parses with 6-healers. Our 6-heal Saurfang this week was a bit under 145k rdps (edited, parse was flawed). And, like I said, our Blood Queen kill barely edged out berserk.
Last edited by Gaffer on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gaffer

Postby Meloree » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:33 pm

Aubade wrote:
Gaffer wrote:

Ah, It's not as bad as you'd think. What's your rDPS like?

We're still going with the safe plan of attempts on alts tonight, mains on Sunday. Tuesday lag on Garona has been almost unplayable of late, and Thursdays even are somewhat iffy. I really hope Blizzard makes some adjustments before heroics hit, otherwise we're going to end up losing a full progression day on hardmodes.

Fortunately, though, our mains RDPS is generally pretty solid. The alt raid is guaranteed to have to martyr.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Aubade » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:39 pm

seems to me as if you're pretty close gaffer. We figured yesterday that to meet the DPS check without martyr'ing you need to have 190k Rdps. Your kill shows you at 186k rDPS.
Aubade

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel