[25] Blood Queen Lanathel.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Blood Queen Lanathel.

Postby Belloc » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:32 pm

I just want some confirmation before I try out a new spec/role for this fight...

Blood Mirror's transferred damage is not reduced by any abilities or talents, correct? I am under the impression that they only way to reduce the damage taken by blood mirror is by reducing the amount of damage the main tank takes. In other words, Divine Protection will not reduce blood mirror damage by 50%.

Correct?

edit: I remembered that I had a WoL report so I confirmed it myself. Time to try out either a holy/prot spec or a ret spec while OTing.
Belloc

Postby dewkstraykr » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:29 pm

I am quite sure that Divine Protection as off tank reduced damage as it should always do.
dewkstraykr

Postby Xand » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:16 pm

Belloc wrote:I just want some confirmation before I try out a new spec/role for this fight...

Blood Mirror's transferred damage is not reduced by any abilities or talents, correct? I am under the impression that they only way to reduce the damage taken by blood mirror is by reducing the amount of damage the main tank takes. In other words, Divine Protection will not reduce blood mirror damage by 50%.

Correct?

edit: I remembered that I had a WoL report so I confirmed it myself. Time to try out either a holy/prot spec or a ret spec while OTing.

I recently gave http://eu.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=2&tal=000000000000000000000000000500513520310231133331232151130201200300000000000000 a go due to boredom of OT'ing this fight.

with the caster sword from icc5 and the holy light libram I was pulling 5-6k hps spamming holy light's, well judgement was about half of my hps but, it all helps!
Xand

Postby Belloc » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:20 am

dewkstraykr wrote:I am quite sure that Divine Protection as off tank reduced damage as it should always do.

It doesn't reduce blood mirror damage. It will reduce the bleed, but that's it.
Belloc

Postby baleogthefierce » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:41 pm

Has anyone else experienced problems with biting other raid members? Many, MANY times last night we had bites fail to go off (and consequently rob us of an attempt) even though the biter was in melee range facing their target well in advance of their debuff expiring. We even tried having the biter run circles around their target spamming their bite ability PvP-style, but to no avail.

I know my DPS aren't so stupid that they can't figure out how to successfully perform a melee attack when their action bar has only one option, so this was an incredibly frustrating way to fail at this encounter. Has anyone else encountered this problem, and (more importantly) is there a way to prevent it?
baleogthefierce

Postby dewkstraykr » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:42 pm

baleogthefierce wrote:Has anyone else experienced problems with biting other raid members? Many, MANY times last night we had bites fail to go off (and consequently rob us of an attempt) even though the biter was in melee range facing their target well in advance of their debuff expiring. We even tried having the biter run circles around their target spamming their bite ability PvP-style, but to no avail.

I know my DPS aren't so stupid that they can't figure out how to successfully perform a melee attack when their action bar has only one option, so this was an incredibly frustrating way to fail at this encounter. Has anyone else encountered this problem, and (more importantly) is there a way to prevent it?

Have heard and seen problems with people using any form of shapeshifting while trying to bite, other than druid forms, including any trinket based shapeshift proc:

- Deviate delight pirate/ninja.
- Noggenfogger.
- Small/great feast.
- Deathbringer's Will trinket procs.
- Halloween wands.
- Furblog costume.

Etc. So make sure your raiders arent wearing anything that could do that, and not using any silly shapeshifts while trying to bite.
dewkstraykr

Postby baleogthefierce » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:27 pm

dewkstraykr wrote:
baleogthefierce wrote:Has anyone else experienced problems with biting other raid members? Many, MANY times last night we had bites fail to go off (and consequently rob us of an attempt) even though the biter was in melee range facing their target well in advance of their debuff expiring. We even tried having the biter run circles around their target spamming their bite ability PvP-style, but to no avail.

Have heard and seen problems with people using any form of shapeshifting while trying to bite, other than druid forms, including any trinket based shapeshift proc:

- Deviate delight pirate/ninja.
- Noggenfogger.
- Small/great feast.
- Deathbringer's Will trinket procs.
- Halloween wands.
- Furblog costume.

Etc. So make sure your raiders arent wearing anything that could do that, and not using any silly shapeshifts while trying to bite.

It wasn't that, we had those removed as a precaution.
baleogthefierce

Postby Belloc » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:01 pm

First fear comes 8-10 seconds earlier than before. Adjust your bites accordingly.
Belloc

Postby Serv » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:56 am

From what i could tell from our attempts so far and lastly our kill, is that the only time where tanks are in danger is, when she lands and healers need to get back to position. Now I bought the armor trinket for the next ID and I am curious if it would be helpful to stack 'some' avoidance to that.
I'm sitting at roughly 41k armor (including pot) and according to my understanding about the other mt gearing threads it would now be wise to get some more 'survivability' since we encountered no tank-spike-dmg-deaths. Usually I would wear the scarab oder the key in the second slot, but there would be some other interesting choices, i.e. the coin, black heart. And of course, Quel Serrar enchanted with mongoose giving us some extra 1500ish armor ober a very long course.

Am I right?
Thanks to LAVE for the sig

www.rent-a-tank.net ...:::... www.nil-gilde.net
Serv

Postby baleogthefierce » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:28 am

Belloc wrote:First fear comes 8-10 seconds earlier than before. Adjust your bites accordingly.

I'm not talking about the fear causing problems with biting, I'm talking about the first person who is bitten by BQL being unable to bite his next target.
baleogthefierce

Postby Belloc » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:48 am

baleogthefierce wrote:
Belloc wrote:First fear comes 8-10 seconds earlier than before. Adjust your bites accordingly.

I'm not talking about the fear causing problems with biting, I'm talking about the first person who is bitten by BQL being unable to bite his next target.

I wasn't replying to you. I was announcing a change to the fight with the new patch.

Your problem is likely related to players using immunity effects (bubble, iceblock) or people being transformed by Deathbringer's Will (this used to be a problem, anyway). If you try to bite someone under those effects, the bite will fail to apply. If those aren't the case, it's probably user error.
Belloc

Postby Araiken » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:21 pm

One shot this tonight after the nerf...Nef killed this fight. Ohwell.
Araiken

Postby Belloc » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:40 pm

Araiken wrote:One shot this tonight after the nerf...Nef killed this fight. Ohwell.

... what nerf? Moving the fear up 10 seconds?

If so, that's... not a nerf.
Belloc

Postby bzzt » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:02 pm

Belloc wrote:Your problem is likely related to players using immunity effects (bubble, iceblock) [...]. If you try to bite someone under those effects, the bite will fail to apply.

Actually I would've guessed the same, but it turns out you can be bitten fine through immunities. It actually helped quite a lot when we adjusted our strat to target mages/ret pallies for bites in and around the air phase (we were getting deaths from multi-bloodbolt + bite). I've been bitten while iceblocked multiple times now in the past couple weeks with no issue (and once while bubbled when I was OTing on my prot pally alt). The only thing to be careful of is even under the effects of immunity you can still be bloodbolted and it still registers splash damage on targets around you.
bzzt

Postby sahiel » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:29 am

The problem may be more that it seems the bite has a minimum distance that it won't work under, from what we've been seeing it looks like around a 4 yard 'deadzone'. If you're within that distance of the person you want to bite it won't go off, if you're at the 5 yard or so mark it works fine. Once we switched to having our biters make sure to stay a little bit away from their target the problem disappeared.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel