Remove Advertisements

[25] Blood Queen Lanathel.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Blood Queen Lanathel.

Postby Fenris » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:02 am

Meh..:After 2 weeks of tries my raid is still blowing up at the first fear thanks to people running around to bite(few)/do whatever they want to be in the wrong position(most of 'em) and chaining bloodbolts

So,anyone with some kind of hint on positioning?I know the question sounds silly but given the fun of tanking her i'm going to jump from a window if i have to see her for 3 more days non stop :cry:

P.s:related question,the right timing to desync fear and bites is 10 or 8 seconds after bite starts to be avaiable?
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Avengeance » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:42 am

I think after they adjusted the air phase timers a bit, the first fear is auto-out of sync by default.
0:15 first bite.
1:15 that person has to bite someone, assuming he took 3 seconds.
1:18 = 2 vampires.
2:18 = they haev to bite someone.

First Air phase happens at 2 minutes, finishes at around 2:15. So no trouble there.

4 to 8 bite will happen at around 3:20.
Air phase at 4 minute, finishes at 4:15.
8 to 16 bite happens at 4:20.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Belloc » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:08 am

Fenris wrote:Meh..:After 2 weeks of tries my raid is still blowing up at the first fear thanks to people running around to bite(few)/do whatever they want to be in the wrong position(most of 'em) and chaining bloodbolts

So,anyone with some kind of hint on positioning?I know the question sounds silly but given the fun of tanking her i'm going to jump from a window if i have to see her for 3 more days non stop :cry:

P.s:related question,the right timing to desync fear and bites is 10 or 8 seconds after bite starts to be avaiable?

We use 8 seconds and generally have no issues on bites.

As for advice on spreading... just do it better. Make everyone install DXE and turn on a 6 yard range check if necessary (since I'm not sure if DBMs range change actually works when set to 6). If they see someone else in their range check box, they're failing.
Belloc

Postby baleogthefierce » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:53 am

Belloc wrote:Make everyone install DXE and turn on a 6 yard range check if necessary (since I'm not sure if DBMs range change actually works when set to 6). If they see someone else in their range check box, they're failing.

This. DBM's range finder still has problems.

Fenris wrote:Meh..:After 2 weeks of tries my raid is still blowing up at the first fear thanks to people running around to bite(few)/do whatever they want to be in the wrong position(most of 'em) and chaining bloodbolts

For our first kill we had everyone pop healthstones during the first fear and health pots during the 2nd (if they dipped under 50% HP). That took a lot of the load off the healers for a few seconds so they could focus on the people biting/being bitten who were forced to splash damage onto each other. Doesn't hurt to encourage hybrid classes with healing spells to pop off a single big heal onto themselves as well.

We also confine ranged dps to the back 1/2 of the room, melee to the front 1/2, and healers to the circle during the fear phase. We designated "meeting spots" for the first ranged vampire and melee vampire to bite their victimes where NO ONE else is allowed to be during the fear phase. Once everyone has a loose idea of where they need to be at the end of the fear, you will have a lot fewer people splashing bloodbolts.
baleogthefierce

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel