Remove Advertisements

[10] Dances with Oozes (Rotface)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Dances with Oozes (Rotface)

Postby Neara » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:39 pm

iwillpunishu wrote:How much dps does it take to get him down in 2 minutes?

72k~

1 tank 2 healers and 7 DPS
let's put the tank generously at 4k DPS, than you'd need an average DPS of 9,7k DPS per damage dealer
Neara

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:11 pm

Guess you're using the pre-nerf figure for his hp? He currently has 7.32 million health. That requires 61k rdps to get it down in 2 minutes, which, if the tank is pulling 3k, means 8.3k from 7 dps.
Rhiannon

Postby Heni » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:33 am

10 man this achievement was really easy, but trying it on 25 man. Does anyone have any experience at this. We've been 2 tanking it with dk's kiting 4 stack oozes. Warrior is tanking boss and I'm combining oozes. We take 2 small oozes and make a 1 stack big ooze, take another 2 small oozes to make another 1 stack big one and combine to make a big one with 2 stacks. Then make another 1 stack big one, and combine it with the 2 stack one to make a 3 stack ooze. Then make yet another 1 stack big ooze and combine it with the 3 stack ooze to make a 4 stack ooze, then pass it off to a dk to tank it.

Is that how you are suppose to do this achieve so you have way less big oozes or is there something that we are missing? Cause on 10 man we just made no big oozes at all and just had lots of range since our 10 man already has only 2 melee that could stand on opposite sides of boss and not merge their little oozes.
Heni

Postby Belloc » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:42 pm

Heni wrote:10 man this achievement was really easy, but trying it on 25 man. Does anyone have any experience at this. We've been 2 tanking it with dk's kiting 4 stack oozes. Warrior is tanking boss and I'm combining oozes. We take 2 small oozes and make a 1 stack big ooze, take another 2 small oozes to make another 1 stack big one and combine to make a big one with 2 stacks. Then make another 1 stack big one, and combine it with the 2 stack one to make a 3 stack ooze. Then make yet another 1 stack big ooze and combine it with the 3 stack ooze to make a 4 stack ooze, then pass it off to a dk to tank it.

Is that how you are suppose to do this achieve so you have way less big oozes or is there something that we are missing? Cause on 10 man we just made no big oozes at all and just had lots of range since our 10 man already has only 2 melee that could stand on opposite sides of boss and not merge their little oozes.

That sounds right, yeah. Big ooze + big ooze + big ooze + big ooze = kite, or something. You combine nothing but big oozes until a 4 stack.
Belloc

Postby Horanur » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:27 pm

My 10 man team has only 2 ranged dps. We have very good damage, and awesome healing. (1 holy priest and 1 restro druid w/ Legendary mace).

Should we even bother trying the zerg damage strat with that many melee?

(RNG says that by the 4th slime spawn we will most likely have nowhere for someone to stand, as you can't do this if more than 2 melee get targetted. At that point we could try DK kiting, but it seems like that defeats the purpose... )

I am inclined to say we should simply do the big ooze combination method, where i kite 1 BO and have someone else form the 2nd one, then combine them to make 1BO+2.

If any of our math wizards can tell me the % chance of RNG going in our favor and targetting our healers and ranged successively i would appreciate it.
Horanur

Postby Lisath » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:03 am

Well actually you can have more than 2 melees. We did this achievement yesterday on 10-man with 4 melee (not including me since i was not concerned by ooze spawns). They just positioned themselves ala Kel'Thuzad in a square at max hitbox and tried to get their oozes in their back everytime. At one point we had 4 oozes on them and they didn't merge at all.

Actually our biggest problem was to place our 5 ranged (including healers) for them not to be annoyed by slime pools while not being too close to our melee with their oozes behind them, and we just asked them to get in the first slimed area after it got free so everyone could be in range of the healers.
Lisath

Postby Wrathy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:27 am

Depending on your dps positioning is trivial. We did this last night and he died before our two big oozes got 4 stacks. I got three stacks, our dk ran out and combined a bunch and kited till his was at 4, and she was dead. We did it with 4 melee 3 ranged 2 ranged and a pally in a pear tree (me).
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby rocket » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:59 pm

i am finding this fight pretty highly tuned. my 10 group, which is completing all the achieves started trying this one this past week, and it is causing some problems. we are getting him to sub 10% all the time, so it is just optimization. definitely a harder one in my humble opinion.
rocket
Maintankadonor

Postby Twosies » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:26 am

The key to this is to just not dispel. Allow the debuffs to tick themselves down then let a big ooze(two little oozes will merge into a big ooze) form on the boss(raid clump). The kiter can simply taunt the ooze out, rinse and repeat and, BAM, you're done.
Twosies, Thaurissan
Twosies

Postby rocket » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:21 pm

our healers complain about the DOT tick of the undispelled infection. i dont think it is a big deal, but just something that they need to be aware/prepare for I presume?
rocket
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:40 pm

Twosies wrote:The key to this is to just not dispel. Allow the debuffs to tick themselves down then let a big ooze(two little oozes will merge into a big ooze) form on the boss(raid clump). The kiter can simply taunt the ooze out, rinse and repeat and, BAM, you're done.

The little ooze does much less damage than the dot, and that doesn't even account for the healing debuff that the disease places on you. Cleanse it immediately and just let the little ooze beat on the player.

I repeat, don't just let the disease stay on the player.
Belloc

Postby Twosies » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:57 pm

Belloc wrote:I repeat, don't just let the disease stay on the player.

The dot damage is trivial and the little oozes will create slime pools on the ground. If you have everyone grouped up so the bigOoze_1 are forming on top of the boss it'd be pretty silly to have slime puddles spawn underneath everyone.
Twosies, Thaurissan
Twosies

Postby Horanur » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:44 am

Yea we got this last week.

We had 5 melee, and the debuffs went in the following order (RNG Based):
-Melee, Melee, Healer, Ranged, Melee, Melee, Ranged, Melee

We actually managed to fit 4 melee around the boss, each with an ooze. When the 5th melee got it, DK popped his goodies and combined a few and kited the last few seconds.

Positioning-wise, we had our 4 ranged players (Healers included) position themselves at the "Death-Forge" machines around the room. These machines are the markers between the slime puddles, which meant that all they needed to do was step to the left or right in order to avoid the slime puddle, since they were guaranteed to be on one edge or the other.

The melee would have to step back away from boss when they got the slime, then "tap" their way into range, we had 2 melee to the side, one behind, and our fury warrior hitting him in the face ><. (If you're melee heavy, make sure you have someone with an expertise weapon in their bag for this job, helps with parries). Our fury warrior threw on his Ramaldani's Blade of culling x2 for an extra 20 exp skill.

And yes, dispell the debuff ASAP, exception being melee, they have to get positioned first.

Also, we made sure our healers were directly opposite eachother, and i covered dispells for one side since our healers are a priest / druid.

As a pally tank in this fight you can do ALOT to help people survive. Lay hands / Sacred Shield / HoSac / Divine Sac are all awesome. Our only major issue came from the small ooze "belching" the small puddles in random locations.
Horanur

Postby Threatco » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:56 pm

One shot it our first try.

Our raid is good but not bleeding edge or anything.

2 tanks kiting. By the time we kill rot face almost everyone had their own ooze, plus 1 tank had a mini ooze chasing him ahead of the big ooze, which if they had combined, would have exploded.

One shot so it's hard to say if we got very lucky, but it can't be too hard.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Awyndel » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:10 am

We did it this week. We used 2 healers, 2 tanks, and a hunter as extra kiter late into the fight.

Basicly we never merged any small oozes into big ones. We only merged big ones with big ones. This saves stacks. When one tank was on 3, the hunter picked up the new ones. He also reached 3, and then all hell broke lose and we both reached 4 and then the boss died. No panic for once :) .

We had the idea the spawn rate was connected to his health level, so we bloodlusted at 30%.

I know there are a lot of ppl trying to zerg this, and we tried for about 4 hours, I guess we just don't have the right setup to do that in 10 man. But once we stopped trying that and started using controll it was done in about 6 tries.

Then again the other 10 man group also oneshotted it, but can't tell us a lot about the tactics. Maybe they rock, maybe they where lucky, who knows. I'm just glad we have a tactic without rng, wich we can prolly repeat now if needed for others.
Awyndel

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel